« on: March 22, 2005, 05:20:01 pm »

HB406...To reduce the restrictions on homeschoolers in NH got voted out
of committee today 12-9 ought to pass! ;D

Know this is a bill put together by Dawn Lincolin, a porc who moved to NH! ;D
Was sponsored by Lee Quandt, a rep supported by the NHLA, and who was
elected! ;D

Know we still have a long way to go until we get it on the books, but know I'm
feeling real good about the effort that so many folks have put into this! ;D

Will do my best to keep you informed as we move forward!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:26:28 am by Dave Mincin »
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: HB406
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 10:13:07 pm »

Very nice going by all involved. ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 12:22:13 pm »

Just thought I would share with you a quote from one of the rep's before his yea
vote.

"This bill supports Freedom.  Most of our bills are
about control, it's refreshing to have a bill about Freedom to vote
for"

;D
Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:17:11 pm »

Please join us!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 04:42:16 pm »

Summary of committee discussion re HB406.

http://www.empire.net/~beaverlodge/legislation2005/HB406/050322_hec_exec_notes.html

I found the chart at the bottom very informative. Of the 22 members, 9 are educrats (plus one home-schooling dad). Since we're talking about the Education committee, the foxes have a very strong presence in the henhouse.

Kevin

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 09:30:17 am »

Good observation Kevin.  It appears many of the committees are top heavy in professions that the committees serve.  Criminal Justice, one I have some knowledge of, for instance, is top heavy with Police chiefs or folks that have been associated with that profession in one way or another.

Believe information such as this will help us to better tailor our testimony to the audience.  Please understand we are on a major learning curve and any suggestions on how to be more effective are most welcome.

From were I set, the folks have been doing a bang up job, and as we learn more, and more folks join us, can only see us getting better.
Please join us!

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 10:46:53 am »

Summary of committee discussion re HB406.

http://www.empire.net/~beaverlodge/legislation2005/HB406/050322_hec_exec_notes.html

I found the chart at the bottom very informative. Of the 22 members, 9 are educrats (plus one home-schooling dad). Since we're talking about the Education committee, the foxes have a very strong presence in the henhouse.

That "homeschooling dad" feels the same way you do, according to a conversation he and I had.  Far too many of the committees are stacked like this, making it hard to change the status quo.  Hard, but not impossible.

I'm proud to have testified on this bill, and put lots of effort into...  I went prepared, thanks to training by Don Gorman, and had prepared a nice handout booklet full of color charts and stats, and it made a difference, along with the dozens of home school parents who showed up and spoke.

This is what activism is about... if you wonder if 20K activists can really make a difference, we're already  making a difference with just a few handfuls of people.  If we had only 10x the number of people, we could do at least 20x more, and 20K activists?  The sky is the limit.

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 02:51:22 pm »

Pointing out the inherent conflicts of interest in these committies would be a good thing to do.

Tracy

Good observation Kevin.  It appears many of the committees are top heavy in professions that the committees serve.  Criminal Justice, one I have some knowledge of, for instance, is top heavy with Police chiefs or folks that have been associated with that profession in one way or another.

Believe information such as this will help us to better tailor our testimony to the audience.  Please understand we are on a major learning curve and any suggestions on how to be more effective are most welcome.

From were I set, the folks have been doing a bang up job, and as we learn more, and more folks join us, can only see us getting better.
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 09:24:51 am »

HB406 passed the Senate Education Committee this morning.  6-0!!
 ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:27:44 am by Dave Mincin »
Please join us!

Pages: [1]   Go Up