Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A "big name speaker" has yet to be announced. Who is it?  (Read 30520 times)

lloydbob1

Re: A "big name speaker" has yet to be announced. Who is it?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2005, 03:49:21 pm »

N. Branden?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2005, 03:58:51 pm »

Wow, no one has gotten it so far! That's a bit surprising. Ron Paul and Walter Williams were good guesses, though. I talked to Walter about coming, but he will be in California that week, and we just couldn't arrange it. Porc Fest attendees who also go to the Liberty Dinner will thus be getting a "double dip" - our speaker at PorcFest and Ron Paul at the Liberty Dinner!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Rearden

• FSP Participant
  • We're supposed to be activists, remember?
    • Free State Project
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2005, 06:19:12 pm »

I think I've guessed it, but I don't want to say.  Here, I'll put my guess in an envelope, and then I'll open it after the announcement and I'll say if I'm right or not. 

If it's who I think it is, this year's PorcFest will be generating some headlines. 
Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."

Friday

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2005, 06:58:31 pm »

Vin Suprynowicz?

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2005, 07:13:44 pm »

I know who is it, but only because it was mentioned on a mailing list.  (No, I won't say which one... but it's a public one, not a secret cabal list).

Even more exciting is the possiblity of Poker Face playing for us!

Friday

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2005, 07:47:11 pm »

OK, so I just plowed through Tim's latest (endlessly long) PorcFest Spam, and it does indeed say that Vin Suprynowicz will be there.  I don't know if that's who Jason is referring to, though. If it is, I expect some sort of prize.  ;D

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2005, 07:56:50 pm »

Penn Jillette might be interesting...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2005, 08:39:36 pm »

Oh, Vin's going to be there? Ha! I didn't even know that. (Should I be ashamed that I don't read all the spams?) Wow, Porc Fest is going to have a lot of big-name people, isn't it? But no, the guy I'm thinking about is not Vin.

Maybe I should drop another hint or two. He's written several books, and has skewered, sliced, and diced with his research both the Clinton and Bush Administrations. The kind of research that he does is something that virtually no one else I know of does - at least, no one else does it nearly as well as he does it.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Friday

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2005, 09:24:23 pm »

P.J. O'Rourke?!

lloydbob1

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2005, 09:38:17 pm »

Marvin??? Whats his name?

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2005, 10:08:10 pm »

I think Lloyd is thinking of Marvin Gross.

He wrote a call to arms, and the Washington racket from A-Z and others.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2005, 10:09:23 pm »

Did anyone say James Bovard?

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2005, 11:53:03 pm »

Maybe his name was Martin Gross not sure now.

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2005, 02:30:10 am »

Jason said:
He's written several books, and has skewered, sliced, and diced with his research both the Clinton and Bush Administrations. The kind of research that he does is something that virtually no one else I know of does - at least, no one else does it nearly as well as he does it.

If this ain't Jim Bovard, I give up.
5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2005, 09:47:34 am »

OK, this is getting out of control. Last night I dreamt it was Arnold Schwarzenegger, with Maria in tow distributing pastries to the cheering throngs.   ::) Stop messing with my subconscious, Jason!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up