Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A "big name speaker" has yet to be announced. Who is it?  (Read 30523 times)

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
A "big name speaker" has yet to be announced. Who is it?
« on: April 28, 2005, 01:29:19 am »

Penn Jilette?  John Stossel?
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: A "big name speaker" has yet to be announced. Who is it?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:43:42 am »

Well Penn would certainly be a "big" speaker.

I just read his book sock, and liked it. If you could Imagine a Heinlein who was born in the 60's writting in a Faulknerian stream of consicnous, while on methamphetamine.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 05:20:50 am »

Yeah, I just finished Sock as well... a must read for libertarian atheists, especially.  Good description, Pat.

My psychic told me the speaker might be Ron Paul, but gosh, he'd be awfully small next to Penn  ;)

Wow, can y'all imagine a full Stossel report on PorcFest for 20/20?  That would be perfect -- he could interview us, ask us easy, devil's advocate questions, and we could hit a gazillion homeruns in front of a massive TV audience.

Whatever's brewing, I've got a real good feeling about it!  PorcFest is gonna kick ass!

5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 11:32:32 am »

Ian, I'd love if you spoke at the Porc Fest  ;)  However, I am not even show if you are gonna come  :'(

Really, though.  I'd love to see Doug Stanhope or another pro-liberty comedy guy (Dennis Miller, Chris Rock, Drew Carry, Howard Stren, P.J. O'Rourke, Dave Barry, Jason Alexander, John Larroquette, or Tommy Chong)

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 03:18:27 pm »

FTL plans on attending, but we have yet to tie up all the loose ends and announce it.

lloydbob1

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 03:58:57 pm »

Ian, I'd love if you spoke at the Porc Fest  ;)  However, I am not even show if you are gonna come  :'(

Really, though.  I'd love to see Doug Stanhope or another pro-liberty comedy guy (Dennis Miller, Chris Rock, Drew Carry, Howard Stren, P.J. O'Rourke, Dave Barry, Jason Alexander, John Larroquette, or Tommy Chong)

Stossel would be soooooo much better than any of these guys, particularly if he did a piece on us.

I think it is Badnarik, although, he is hardly a big name outside of libertarianism, but, it has been announced that badnarik is coming.

freedomroad

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 04:12:37 pm »

Stossel would be soooooo much better than any of these guys, particularly if he did a piece on us.

I think it is Badnarik, although, he is hardly a big name outside of libertarianism, but, it has been announced that badnarik is coming.

Stossel gives talks around the country.  However, I've never seen him do a 20/20 show on him giving a talk about his book.  Badnarik is already expected to speak.  Although, I did not even know that there was a yet to be announced big name speaker. 

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 04:49:03 pm »

I would also be a "big" speaker, but just to let everyone know. Even though some of the leadership begged me to speak on the glory of mission statement, I declined.  I know this will disappoint many.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 04:56:17 pm »

Although, I did not even know that there was a yet to be announced big name speaker.

Jason said in another thread:
* Varrin & Tim haven't announced it yet, but we will have a big name speaker at the Porc Fest. Someone whom I'm very excited about.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 05:27:59 pm »

Badnarik is big, but this guy is probably more widely known. He's probably not quite as widely known as Penn and Teller, but his writing is very exciting, and was influential on me when I was in college.

Any more guesses? ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

lloydbob1

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 06:37:19 pm »

Nozick?

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 06:42:55 pm »

Well, Hayek and von Mises are dead, so we can rule them out... :'( ;) ;D

Herself

• Western Science *is* *so* wonderful!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 07:01:41 pm »

It will be the reanimated Head of Ayn Rand!*  --Be sure and bring the kids, we don't know how long the technology will work.  Or you could ask me.  I'm not famous and I give lousy speeches, but hey -- I won't ask for anything but travel and expenses!

--H

P.P.S: are his initials LNS?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 07:03:16 pm by Herself »
Civilization in the United States ended by 1913.

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 07:05:03 pm »

L. Neil Smtih, huh?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 07:16:31 pm »

L. Neil Smtih, huh?

Closer... He's not an academic, and he is alive, so that rules out Nozick, Hayek, Mises, and Rand. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up