Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sumo Wrestling at PorcFest  (Read 13119 times)

Friday

Re: Sumo Wrestling at PorcFest
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 01:06:09 pm »

ROFL

Okay Friday, you put it out there.... ;)  Evening or daytime???  We could probably do Thursday evening fairly easily ;)  Someone else will have to organize it.  I nominate you.  I won't wrestle but I'm might put a bet or two down ;)

OK, Varrin, I'll see what I can come up with.  Would there be indoor space and/or pavement on which to set this up at the campground, or should I plan on grass?

Herself vs Greenbacks?!  I think we need to charge admission fees, as well as participation fees.   ;)  But seriously, I think it would be really cool if you two made it to PorcFest.  You WILL join the FSP sooner or later.  Oh yes!  You WILL join the FSP.

Let the wagering begin!!

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 02:20:55 pm »

Grass might be safer   ;D

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Greenbacks

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 02:33:15 pm »

Herself vs Greenbacks?!  I think we need to charge admission fees, as well as participation fees.     But seriously, I think it would be really cool if you two made it to PorcFest.  You WILL join the FSP sooner or later.  Oh yes!  You WILL join the FSP

don't you think a debate would be safer?

I am at a disadvantage - she wears glasses, carries a weapon and is a girl for god's sake!

the last time I hussled wrestled a girl I ended up marrying her...

I believe I am a member of the FSP and even live within 45 miles of the campgrounds as I have been in the state for 8 years now.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:21:24 pm by Greenbacks »

Green

• Smash the state!!
    • www.infoshop.org
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 02:42:45 pm »

Herself vs Greenbacks?!  I think we need to charge admission fees, as well as participation fees.     But seriously, I think it would be really cool if you two made it to PorcFest.  You WILL join the FSP sooner or later.  Oh yes!  You WILL join the FSP

I am at a disadvantage - she wears glasses, carries a weapon and is a girl for god's sake!

the last time I hussled a girl I ended up marrying her...

I believe I am a member of the FSP and even live within 45 miles of the campgrounds as I have been in the state for 8 years now.

YOU are a member of the FSP!!!????

What are you doing in the GP dude?
"The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual." -Mikhail Bakunin

Friday

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 02:59:10 pm »

the last time I hussled a girl I ended up marrying her...

Excuses, excuses... she SAID she'd wear her contacts for you, and that she wouldn't use a weapon.  And if she publicly challenges you, I think you are absolved from gentlemanly rules re: not hitting girls.  As for falling in love with women you wrestle, well, that could be a problem.  Perhaps Dr. Edelstein could provide some three minute therapy on issues of power struggle and sexual desire ...

I had no idea you're a member of the FSP! Right on!  :D

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2005, 01:57:25 am »

If this comes together, I think the FSP band needs to play a little ditty by The Novas!

Herself

• Western Science *is* *so* wonderful!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2005, 08:01:08 am »

"Safer?"  This isn't about safer!  More to the point, I think we have shown, lo these past two years, that we're not going to get anywhere by debate.  --Mock sumo-wrestling won't get us anywhere, either, but it might be more entertaining to bystanders.

--H
Civilization in the United States ended by 1913.

Greenbacks

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2005, 08:15:45 am »

"Safer?"  This isn't about safer!  More to the point, I think we have shown, lo these past two years, that we're not going to get anywhere by debate.  --Mock sumo-wrestling won't get us anywhere, either, but it might be more entertaining to bystanders.

--H

it is not about us - it is about persuading them!

Herself

• Western Science *is* *so* wonderful!
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2005, 12:43:30 pm »

it is not about us - it is about persuading them!
     H'mmm, see, here we differ -- I prefer setting out the facts, history and my own interpretations of them (perfect, naturally, and of crystalline clarity), and letting the bystanders make up their own minds.  "Persuasion" reeks rather of Madison Avenue, of glittering half-truths concelainf the grubby reality.

But Bill, not every single thing is a Grand Conflict For The One True Way (or even one of the One True Ways).  Sometimes one does things for the sheer joy, silliness and wildness of it.  These folks have had to stand by and watch you and I go at it, tooth and nail against hammer and...sickle?  Tongs?  Oh, geez, a spatula? for a long time online; I thought it would be fun to let 'em cheer and jeer at a physical struggle.
     Neither our debate nor any well-padded stunt we stage will settle anything.  But the latter might pull in some income for the FSP's efforts and give folks a laugh.

--Herself
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 11:27:44 pm by Herself »
Civilization in the United States ended by 1913.

Friday

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2005, 01:39:19 pm »

Varrin, you suggested Thursday evening... do you mean after dark?  If so, is there a brightly lit lawn available for our use at Roger's?  If not, then we'd either need to rent lights, or do this in the daytime.  Also, some of the sumo rings require electricity (to inflate them, I think).  Will the FSP have a generator at PorcFest?  Thanks for the info!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2005, 03:14:52 pm »

Maybe we don't need a "ring"....just enough mats or something :)

maybe we could raise money to see Herself and Greenbacks wrestle.....if they would stop talking on the forum. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2005, 05:19:42 pm »

Varrin, you suggested Thursday evening... do you mean after dark?  If so, is there a brightly lit lawn available for our use at Roger's?

Hmm.... Don't think the lawn is brightly lit as I recall.  Maybe before dark would be better ;)

Also, some of the sumo rings require electricity (to inflate them, I think).  Will the FSP have a generator at PorcFest? 

Dunno about a generator but many of the campsites have electricity and it's also available at the hall.  But I like Russell's mat idea ;) ;) ;)

V-

Friday

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 09:52:00 am »

I've looked into this, and it appears doable, but pricy.  We're talking at least $300.  I'd be willing to do all the coordinating and toss in $100 towards the cost, assuming it could be incorporated into the PorcFest schedule and other people were willing to help cover the cost.  Then wagering could go to the FSP as fundraising.  I'm not sure that's an effective use of our money, though. As amusing as it would be, maybe that $300+ could be spent on advertising?  Any thoughts?

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 01:41:16 pm »

Hmm, maybe so...  And the schedules for Friday and Saturday (likely to be the larger attended days) is pretty packed now.  In fact, Thursday isn't exactly 'vacant' either.  I like the advertising idea, too... ;)  We're getting a little late for magazine ads (publication schedules, etc.).  Right now we've got Reason, LPNews (x3) and NHToDo scheduled.

Any other ideas?

V-

Friday

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2005, 11:22:37 am »

Just in case I was being too subtle...

I think it would be fun to have sumo wrestling at PorcFest.  However, it costs money.  I'm willing to cover part of the cost.  Is anyone else willing to put their money where their loincloth is and help cover the cost?  If so, please post here or IM me.  Thanks!   :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up