Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sumo Wrestling at PorcFest  (Read 13118 times)

Friday

Sumo Wrestling at PorcFest
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:57:00 am »

I think it would be hilarious to rent sumo wrestling gear for PorcFest.  In case you don't know what I'm talking about, you can rent a ring and heavily padded suits that make you look like you weigh 500 pounds, and then two people get in the ring together and wrestle. It's very difficult to hurt each other because you're so heavily padded.  In fact, if you fall over, you're stuck on your back like a turtle and need someone to help you get back up.  The goal is to wrestle your opponent to the ground or throw him out of the ring. 

Depending on how many people were interested in this and were willing to pay a fee to "get in the ring", it might pay for itself or even make a small profit for the FSP.  Personally, I'd pay good money for a temporary waiver of the Non-Aggression Principle with certain individuals.  ;D  We could also encourage wagering and have the FSP take a cut. 

Here are some links with photos:

http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4057114.htm

http://www.akfentertainment.com/akfe/party_connection/sumo_wrestling.htm

http://www.winefestcalgary.com/sumo_wrestling_rentals.htm

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Sumo Wrestling at PorcFest
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:12:12 am »

I could run a "booking" agency and give the spread to the FSP
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:06:55 pm »

I don't need the suit :P
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 02:06:08 pm »

ROFL

Okay Friday, you put it out there.... ;)  Evening or daytime???  We could probably do Thursday evening fairly easily ;)  Someone else will have to organize it.  I nominate you.  I won't wrestle but I'm might put a bet or two down ;)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:12:15 pm »

We could settle some old forum squabbles or regional rivalries.

Whoever shows up from SoCal (Will A.?) can take on Friday (and a small army as backup) 8)

I could go up against Jim Maynard (or other NH advocates) to renew the great "State Debate" (I still can't believe I had to move all the way to NH) :(

We could have some good Yankee/Southerner battles (DC might be looking for some revenge after a long NH winter so far from his bayou roots) ;)
Can you say Civil War reenactments with huge blue and grey uniforms? :-X

We can let Herself flatten Greenbacks "on the commons" with a fungo "economic rent" bat
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Herself

• Western Science *is* *so* wonderful!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:54:39 pm »

...If that's a serious offer, I'm savin' up for airfare.  But will Bill agree?  And are we in the same weight class?  ;)

(If I go, I need a "SWMBO" T-shirt, just so folks can recognize me).

--H
Civilization in the United States ended by 1913.

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 04:30:34 pm »

I don't need the suit :P

When Friday brought this up at the Manadnock Porc meeting, this weekend, I made the statement that you and I would not need the suits, just the loincloth thingys. Then Kat started to salivate and almost fainted on us and we lost the thread of the discussion.

Edit: spellin correction.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 07:49:50 am by Lloyd Danforth (lloydbob1) »

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 05:01:05 pm »

When Friday brought this up at the Manadnock Porc meeting, this weekend, I made the statement that you and I would not need the suits, just the loincloth thingys. Then Kat started to salivate and almost fainted on us and we lost the treadd of the discussion.

Wow... what an *accurate* recap of the whole thing!   ;D

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Greenbacks

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 05:08:53 pm »

We can let Herself flatten Greenbacks "on the commons" with a fungo "economic rent" bat

I was a high school hockey player and college football player...

my mother told me never to hit girls - especially if they are packing.

I would be willing to be dunked in one of those water chambers as part of "the commons" for the appropriate collection of "economic rent" though!

I will be there possibly representing the Second Vermont Republic...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 05:10:35 pm by Greenbacks »

Herself

• Western Science *is* *so* wonderful!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 05:55:25 pm »

Awww, Bill, I'd never bring a gun to a mock-sumo fight!*

It's all in good fun, a very different thing to actual assualt.  Heck, we ought to do it and sell tickets, proceeds to go to the FSP -- then we'd both be doin' 'em some good instead of filling up space ("Yes it is!"  "No it aint!"  "Yes it ain't!" "No it is!"  "Mom said NO!"  "Dad said OK!") on the forum hard-drives.

Me, I'm no athlete, but I lead an active life -- could be I'd win a surprise victory!  But you probably outweigh me and have more reach -- I run to tall and gawky, myself.
     On the other hand, I wear glasses.  Well, I've got contacts, and for you, Bill, for you and a chance to thwack you with a well-padded limb, I might even wear them.

;D

--H
* Flying with guns being such a hassle, I tend to go with Plan B for air travel, an assortment of sharp pointy things stashed in various convenient locations -- and I wouldn't bring those to a mock-sumo battle, either; those padded outfits are rentals, after all!
Civilization in the United States ended by 1913.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 09:35:57 pm »

* Flying with guns being such a hassle, I tend to go with Plan B for air travel, an assortment of sharp pointy things stashed in various convenient locations -- and I wouldn't bring those to a mock-sumo battle, either; those padded outfits are rentals, after all!

That gives me a good idea.  "Rent-a-gun, for the traveller who wants to pack heat." :)

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 04:05:28 am »

I like the sumo wrestling idea and some sort of 'on the commons' dunk chamber ;D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 04:06:30 am »

We could also turn our hike of Mt. Liberty into an "Eiger Sanction" movie remake ;)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 04:18:26 am »

I like the sumo wrestling idea and some sort of 'on the commons' dunk chamber ;D

Hey cool a drunk chamber. 8)
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

lloydbob1

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 07:53:21 am »

That gives me a good idea.  "Rent-a-gun, for the traveller who wants to pack heat." :)

Joe

Or, have them send their favorite piece, insured, thru UPS. They can carry it while in NH and send it back to their homes before the leave.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up