Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Free State Project view of govt.?  (Read 1880 times)

shotgun

The Free State Project view of govt.?
« on: April 21, 2005, 06:32:35 pm »

How does the Free State Project view govt?  here's is my view of govt.:

The sole purpose of govt. is to maintian order. any thing which is either contary to maintaining order, or has no relevence to said purpose should be abolished.  The purpose of govt. is not to ban gay marriage. Although I believe it to be moraly wrong, I believe it is not the place of govt. to define morality.  The place of govt. is not to become overly powerful and thereby corrupt.  I believe that the system of govt. should be voleentary.   Another words the poppulation should be able to abolish any system of govt. and replace with another when ever it is deemed to be appropriate.

So my question is:  How does this view fit with the FSP view of govt.?

sho†gun

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: The Free State Project view of govt.?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 06:36:20 pm »

The FSP has no views.

The FSP is a Bus.

The FSP has a very nice mission statement.

The FSP welcomes you.

Please try not to get mud on the bus .

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 07:26:14 pm »

Welcome shotgun!

The FSP statement of intent seems to fit with your views:
I hereby state my solemn intent to move to the state of New Hampshire. Once there, I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property.
Emphasis added
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

Posterity

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 03:51:33 pm »

Welcome to the FSP forums, shotgun.

If you ask your question to each of the 6500+ FSP particpants, you'll probably get 6500+ different answers.  There is no one view of government among the participants.  And there is not an FSP view of government because the FSP is really just a loose connection of individuals whose views are similar enough.

If you want to work towards reducing the role of government, then you should seriously consider joining the FSP.  Like Toowm said, the Statement of Intent seems to fit with your views.
"...secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up