Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Porc Fest volunteers needed  (Read 8052 times)

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
Porc Fest volunteers needed
« on: March 17, 2005, 01:13:47 pm »

Y'all,

The Porc Fest Team has the following positions open:

1:  Vendor Table Recruiter - go find vendors willing to give us lots of money to plunk their table down and share their wares with us at Porc Fest.  You'll work closely with Edwina, the Vendor Table Program Organizer.

2:  Ride Share organizer - we can do this ad-hoc but I think it'd be nice to have someone 'in charge' who can connect rides with people who need them.  This would primarily involve rides from airports, bus stations, and train stations in southern NH and/or MA (Boston in specific) to Roger's and back.  We've gotten several requests and we need someone to handle them.

3:  Travel and Lodging Genius - There are two areas that this person might work on.  First, we need to update and publish a listing of nearby hotels and keep tabs (especially as things get closer to the festival) on room availability at Roger's and elsewhere.  Second, I have received a couple of suggestions about partnering with a travel agency who can help people arrange their trips to NH, both for transportation and lodging. 

4:  Community Liaison - originally, I thought I'd do this job, but maybe someone else would be interested?  We're going to have hundreds of people coming to Lancaster in July.  It might be nice to make some contact with town officials and/or other organizations up there to find out three things:  1) is there anything we should or shouldn't do to be good neighbors while we're there in Lancaster?  2)  Are they interested in stopping by to enjoy the event and meeting all these 'wierd' people?  3)  Is there a 'community development' project that could use the help of a few volunteers?  We'd like to leave the place looking better than we found it ;)

5:  Publicist - We're limping along with advertising, and we've been able to get an occasional email out here and there.  But we don't have an overall publicity strategy or anyone working actively in that area.  Here are some ideas:  publicise Porc Fest to liberty-leaning publications (the sooner the better), contact the appropriate media and invite them to come to the Fest, and point the media in the right direction when they're looking for something.

6:  Advertising recruiter - We're going to have programs at this year's Porc Fest that will be distributed to (presumably) everyone in attendance.  Would love to sell advertising space.  You find the advertisers, we'll handle the rest.

7:  Photographer - Lots of pictures were taken at last year's Porc Fest.  This year, we'd like someone with a knack for photography (a profession would be great, but not necessary) to take pictures with the idea that they might be used in future FSP marketing efforts.

Porc Fest volunteers get endless thanks from me and the rest of the team for doing oustanding work.  You'll also receive special recognition *at* Porc Fest and the satisfaction of knowing you did something important to promote Liberty in our Lifetime in NH! ;)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
Re: Porc Fest volunteers needed
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 04:50:15 am »

From the above, we still need, in order of urgency:

2:  Ride Share organizer - we can do this ad-hoc but I think it'd be nice to have someone 'in charge' who can connect rides with people who need them.  This would primarily involve rides from airports, bus stations, and train stations in southern NH and/or MA (Boston in specific) to Roger's and back.  We've gotten several requests and we need someone to handle them.

5:  Publicist - We're limping along with advertising, and we've been able to get an occasional email out here and there.  But we don't have an overall publicity strategy or anyone working actively in that area.  Here are some ideas:  publicise Porc Fest to liberty-leaning publications (the sooner the better), contact the appropriate media and invite them to come to the Fest, and point the media in the right direction when they're looking for something.

1:  Vendor Table Recruiter - go find vendors willing to give us lots of money to plunk their table down and share their wares with us at Porc Fest.  You'll work closely with Edwina, the Vendor Table Program Organizer.

6:  Advertising recruiter - We're going to have programs at this year's Porc Fest that will be distributed to (presumably) everyone in attendance.  Would love to sell advertising space.  You find the advertisers, we'll handle the rest.

4:  Community Liaison - originally, I thought I'd do this job, but maybe someone else would be interested?  We're going to have hundreds of people coming to Lancaster in July.  It might be nice to make some contact with town officials and/or other organizations up there to find out three things:  1) is there anything we should or shouldn't do to be good neighbors while we're there in Lancaster?  2)  Are they interested in stopping by to enjoy the event and meeting all these 'wierd' people?  3)  Is there a 'community development' project that could use the help of a few volunteers?  We'd like to leave the place looking better than we found it ;)

7:  Photographer - Lots of pictures were taken at last year's Porc Fest.  This year, we'd like someone with a knack for photography (a profession would be great, but not necessary) to take pictures with the idea that they might be used in future FSP marketing efforts.

Porc Fest volunteers get endless thanks from me and the rest of the team for doing oustanding work.  You'll also receive special recognition *at* Porc Fest and the satisfaction of knowing you did something important to promote Liberty in our Lifetime in NH! ;)

V-

Randall Danger

• FSP Participant
  • Oppression is the enemy and I'm Bruce Lee!
    • Anarchy Soda
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 03:33:33 pm »

I'd like to help, I just don't have experience in any of those areas. I'd do ride share organizer, but I haven't gotten a new car yet, and I lost my liscence anyways :P
There is no sig here.... Move along.

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 01:32:46 am »

Randall,

The ride share organizer doesn't necessarily need to have a ride ;)  The point is just to match people who have rides up with people who need rides.  You might be your own customer ;)

Interested???  ;)

V-

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 02:12:16 am »

Y'all,
( . . . )

Ah, this gives me hope that I will continue to hear this lovely term in my future home state!

All civilized languages include a plural second person. In English, the plural ("you") and singular ("you") second person are indistinguishable. Many regional variants try to fill the void, but "you'ns" and "you guys" lack class. (I shan't touch "youse guys" in the polite company of this forum.)

We can thank Southerners for the handy, compact, musical, and grammatically useful "y'all". The English language now has a proper second person plural.

:)

Kevin

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 10:34:17 pm »

We can thank Southerners for the handy, compact, musical, and grammatically useful "y'all". The English language now has a proper second person plural.

And it's even spelled right!  ("ya'll" just annoys me, since it makes no sense)

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 03:10:31 am »

And it's even spelled right!  ("ya'll" just annoys me, since it makes no sense)

Joe

Thank you. That makes two of us. Three, actually, since Mrs. Craig is both Southern, and literate.  :)

Kevin

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 06:33:45 am »

The irony of this is that I'm from California.  I've never even lived in the south (central Florida doesn't count, right???).  But hey, ya gotta be gramatically correct, right? ;)

V-

Randall Danger

• FSP Participant
  • Oppression is the enemy and I'm Bruce Lee!
    • Anarchy Soda
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 09:23:10 pm »

Randall,

The ride share organizer doesn't necessarily need to have a ride ;)  The point is just to match people who have rides up with people who need rides.  You might be your own customer ;)

Interested???  ;)

V-

I suppose I could do that, if anyone needs a ride, or wants to give a ride, they can email me. GhostCow@bellsouth.net
There is no sig here.... Move along.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 08:59:05 am »

People can even request the special "Moose viewing trail" :D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 11:58:32 am »

Just for that, I think you, Russell Kanning, should call Varrin and volunteer for one of those vacancies.
I'm working with Margot on the food thing.
Lloyd

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 03:39:05 pm »

I was thinking about rideshare coordinator, but I can't promise moose. :P
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 10:58:26 pm »

ROFL...

BTW... *thank you* Lloyd for agreeing to help Margot! ;)  She's making great progress (I presume with your help) on making sure we don't go hungry... <grin>

V-

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 11:05:25 pm »

Could do a mini Canon Ball Run, fastest time from NH border to Rogers wins!

Most passangers packed into a car category?

Feel free to add to the list.

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 03:13:28 am »

How about the "Deer entrail viewing"?

http://w1.rob.com/pix/slideshow.php?set_albumName=deer

I don't know the story. I do know it left one helluva mess!

Kevin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up