Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoning Out?  (Read 9110 times)

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Zoning Out?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 11:02:35 am »

Really!?! As a child many decades ago, my father had some knowledge and experience with preparing landfills for redevelopment. I don't hear alot about the problems, but I am not really in a position to.

Is it a really big problem?

Cathleen

Roycerson

• FSP Participant
Re: Zoning Out?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 11:12:22 am »

In this situation...yes.

Much structural bracing has been done.  A large section of slab sunk requiring much removal of concrete and the dirty diapers beneath.  It seems that decomposition is leaving air pockets on the soil.  I don't do the serious structural work.  My commercial work consists of metal stud framing, drywall, tape & bed, texture, paint, trim, hanging doors, and acoustical cielings.....mostly.  In short, I slice and dice office space and strip malls.  So I'm not the expert in this matter other than I've seen it with my own eyes and I'm in that building about once a month installing expansion joints and the like.  When we get cracks now we install an expansion joint.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:13:59 am by Roycerson »
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom....Anton LaVey
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything