Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed on NH Homeschool Bill  (Read 3125 times)

Dawn

• FSP Participant
Help needed on NH Homeschool Bill
« on: December 31, 2004, 11:04:19 am »

Thanks to Don Gorman and Rich Tomasso of the NHLA (www.nhliberty.org), a NH rep has been found to sponsor a bill that would reduce the current regulations on homeschoolers.

At this point, it is still in the LSR (legislative service request) stage. If you want to follow it, go to www.gencourt.state.nh.us. Under “Legislation”, click on “2005 Bill Requests (LSR’s)”. Click on “Click here for complete list of the 2005 LSR’s” or enter 611 (for this LSR).

The information submitted to the rep called for the removal of the curriculum submission and approval process. I think this is a good first step. There would still be an annual notification and evaluation process but that'll have to be dealt with in subsequent years.

Your help is needed! A great list of WHY this bill is necessary and not harmful needs to be pulled together. If you're interested in helping on this, please get in touch with me asap. Don't worry about being experienced - desire to help is enough for me and together the group of volunteers can make an airtight "case" in support of this bill.

Thanks!
Dawn

Rich T.

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free in NH!
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Help needed on NH Homeschool Bill - HB406
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:35:38 pm »

In case anyone hasn't heard, the bill is HB406 and will have a public hearing on Wednesday March 16th at 1pm at the Legislative Office Building in Concord.
http://generalcourt.org/bills/2005/HB406

Dawn has been doing a great job rounding up support and organizing the materials, despite the naysaying by the PTB.

We have less than 1 week to make final preparations and organize testimony. To help, please contact Dawn or join the discussion on the NHLA forum.

www.nhliberty.org

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Help needed on NH Homeschool Bill
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 04:32:46 pm »

Note that there are also some administrative changes in homeschooling regs in the works:

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/nh/200403170.asp
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up