Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OK, I'm in.  (Read 8071 times)

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
OK, I'm in.
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:18:28 pm »

I now have five years plus the time it takes to reach 20k porcupines to talk my wife into coming with me.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
Re: OK, I'm in.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 05:21:32 pm »

She'll warm up to it ;)

Welcome to the fold!

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:57:12 pm »

Congrats, Ward!  Bring her to NH to meet some of us; she'll see we're normal (more or less). ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 01:17:18 am »

<<Congrats, Ward!  Bring her to NH to meet some of us; she'll see we're normal (more or less).>>

Yes definitely normal.  BTW are you coming to the Liberty Zombie raid we are planning?  :)

But anyway, welcome!
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

bookish_lass

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 07:06:49 am »

LOL, I think Dada is on the "less" leaning side, but mostly harmless :)

Welcome to the FSP, Ward!  What are your wife's hesitations about joining/moving?

lloydbob1

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 08:11:38 am »

Congrats, Ward!  Bring her to NH to meet some of us; she'll see we're normal (more or less). ;)

Speak for yourself, Jason. ;D

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 08:20:18 am »

Ward,
Start planning now to attend the 2005 annual Porkfest, July 23-31 in Lancaster, NH.
If you can only attend the last 4 or 5 days, you will get to see most of the people and events.
See the Porkfest section on this forum for details.
Lloyd

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 10:05:38 am »

Ward,
Start planning now to attend the 2005 annual Porkfest, July 23-31 in Lancaster, NH.
If you can only attend the last 4 or 5 days, you will get to see most of the people and events.
See the Porkfest section on this forum for details.
Lloyd
In fact, I'd hoped to attend last year, but there was too short a time between the Porcfest and the Liberty Round Table conclave out west -- and I'm the guy who cooks the chili for that event eight years running.  Should be no conflict this year -- except that if I'm still working this contract, I definitely won't have the time available for the drive to the Rockies.  Whereas Lancaster can be reached in a day's drive from New Jersey.  Though we'll probably stop in Manchester on the way for an obligatory visit with the welfare liberal elements of my family.

La Esposa _has_ visited New Hampshire a few times.  Shortly before we got married, she insisted on meeting the gene pool I'd successfully avoided for two decades.  Our last trip up was Oct '03, spent a week wandering the state from end to end.  That's when I got the idea of opening a restaurant specializing in chili, as there didn't seem to be any fit to eat between the Massachusetts and Canadian borders.  And I figure a lot of Porcs come from places where being able to get a decent bowl of red is taken for granted.
--

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

bookish_lass

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 10:26:05 am »

A whole contigent of Texans has already moved, Ward.  You'll have ready-made customers!

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 11:11:05 am »

please tell me no beans ???
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 11:25:21 am »

please tell me no beans ???
I promise.  Beans are a side dish.  The only chili I'll make with will be the vegetarian option.

Basic menu as planned:  Red chili (beef), chili verde (pork), vegetarian and a chili du jour where I can experiment.  For those who _really insist_, there will be canned Hormel "just like mother used to microwave".  I do not make chili with ground meat -- I like it to have texture.  Lots of condiments, of course, and a few side dishes, beans, at least two kinds of cornbread (sweet and normal), spaghetti for anybody from Ohio.  Probably hot dogs.

For retail sale, I hope to have at least a hundred of so varieties of hot sauces and salsas on shelves.

Unlike the discount structure I recall from my summer with the Laconia PD, there will not be 50% off for police.  Instead, there will be 10-15% off for anybody with a firearm, including police.  This should help to offset the discount structure in New Jersey of 100% off plus the contents of the cash register for anybody with a gun.

I can't seem to find any details on the NH government websites.  Anybody know how difficult and expensive it is to get an on-premises beer license in New Hampshire?

I figure that Laconia is centrally enough located that getting to the place will be equally inconvenient to everybody.
--

bookish_lass

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 11:36:59 am »

Mmmm...haven't had any cornbread (not sweet!) since I left TX.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 11:44:58 am »

Mmmm...haven't had any cornbread (not sweet!) since I left TX.
Well, the idea is to have both styles so that there won't be any regional factionalism.  There will also be (not necessarily every day) blue cornbread (which actually bakes to a brownish purple) and mexican style with cheese and chiles in it.
--

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 11:51:37 am »

Unlike the discount structure I recall from my summer with the Laconia PD, there will not be 50% off for police.  Instead, there will be 10-15% off for anybody with a firearm, including police.  This should help to offset the discount structure in New Jersey of 100% off plus the contents of the cash register for anybody with a gun.
Help me....I am in pain from laughter :D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 12:15:34 pm »

You could always enter the New England Regional Chili cookoff in June.  That's in Woburn, MA, and last year I was one of the judges.  Of course, most of the yankees around here didn't seem to cotton to the elevated spice levels I was looking for.  The uber-judges said if anything made you want to run home crying to your momma (paraphrasing here) check with them because anything super hot was out.   I managed to pick the winning salsa as my number one, but only one of the reds I gave a top 3 to wound up in the top 3.  There weren't as many verdes, so I think I managed to pick the same ones the other judges liked.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up