Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Porcupine's Housing Guide to Manchester, NH  (Read 22686 times)

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
Re: The Porcupine's Housing Guide to Manchester, NH
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 08:47:41 am »

Hi Celeste,

Thanks for your call yesterday.  I was thinking and realized you'd said you were interested in Manchester or Nashua.  I think Mike Fisher (another free stater) bought a house and is letting out rooms in Nashua, so you might contact him to see if he has space.  His email address is mike at nhcaspian.org, and I'll edit this quote if I can find his phone number.  Good luck, and welcome to New Hampshire!

Sincerely,
Alec

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 07:35:23 pm »

I have a room openning up at the end of August if anyone is looking for temporary housing in Manchester.  There are 7 of us here now (including 3 free staters), but two are moving out and I'd like to keep an empty room for a guest who'll be visiting next month.  Shoot me an email at alecmuller at yahoo dot com or call 603-264-2873 in the evenings (6-10pm EST) if you're interested.

Alec Muller

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 02:35:13 pm »

Hi
I am looking for place in NH. For time been not expensive room would be fine.
I need for moment just the address till I will locate some job, so I do not care how many roommates or any other condition.
As soon as I would get the job somewhere in NH I will adjust my living conditions. Eventually I will be looking for property to buy.
Please contact me if you are looking for roommates to discuss conditions.
Tony Stelik
tonystelik@aol.com
tel 860 919 1625
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 05:21:54 am »

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your interest, but another Free Stater emailed me yesterday morning and he's going to be taking the room.  When do you plan on arriving in New Hampshire?  I might or might not have another opening in a month or two.

Alec

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 10:16:27 am »

Hi all
I am looking for address right now. I need to put some NH address when I am filling applications and sending resume. I do not need location to stay right now although it would be convenient. When I locate job I will be looking for more permanent room – even in such I could stay for a while in a motel.
While I am looking for job and living still in CT I would like to expect somebody re-mailing my correspondences to me for some little money of course.
I am ready now to move to NH now but my limitation at this moment is job.
Hope to see you guys soon in NH.
Tony
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 10:40:13 pm »

I currently have a room available in Manchester.  If you want to meet lots of Free Staters right away (there are 3 or 4 in my house) & get oriented for a few months before signing a 12 month lease, and you don't smoke or have pets (unless it's a dog), give me a call.

Alec Muller
603-264-2873
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:49:35 pm by alecmuller »

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 09:33:27 am »

I still have an open room from last month, and might have a second one by New Year's.  I'd like to fill them with Free Staters if possible, but I'll be resorting to the roommate websites soon if no one happens to be moving up right now.

Happy moving!
Alec

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 08:45:14 am »

I'm going to have 3 open rooms in early January if anyone is interested in moving to Manchester.

Alec
603-264-2873

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 08:46:40 am »

You may want to post over on NHFREE.com there are a few people asking about housing over there.

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion Dreepa - I recently found a porcupine roommate named David through NHFREE.com

Right now, I'll have one room opening up in each of the next three weeks (3 rooms total by March 1st), so I'm hunting for housemates again.  Please email me at alecmuller at gmail dot com if you're interested in housing in Manchester.  I'll be posting on NHFREE.com too as soon as I figure out how to get them to accept my cookies again.  When these three roommates move out, we'll have a 100% Free State house for the first time in 2 years, and it would be cool to keep it that way.  It's a great way to meet people when you first get here!

Alec

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 08:36:10 pm »

For the last three months now we've had an all-porcupine house (7-8 of us!) and it's been great.

I filled my one empty room with an intern from work, though, so we have one non-free stater who seems like a nice guy after one day here.  Another free stater is moving out and I'm getting ready to rent a nearby efficiency apartment to sublet, though, so if any of you know of someone who's looking for flexible housing in Manchester, please put them in touch with me.

The open room in my house will be $400 a month, and the efficiency next door will be $600 a month if you go through me, and possibly less if you sign up for a longer-term lease with the landlord directly instead of going through me.

Alec Muller
alecmuller at gmail.com

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:03 pm »

Porc Central is expanding!

I just checked out a 3 bedroom across the street from 412 Central Street (home to 9 porcupines at the moment) and am probably going to rent it.  It's $900/month plus utilities (which I'm guessing will average $300-400).  The rooms are different sizes, and the big one has two large closets (one of them walk-in) and could fit two people willing to share space.  I'd guess that a fair split of costs would be ~ $550, $450, and $300 per month per room with utilities (I may update this after going back with a tape measure).  I forgot to ask about parking spaces, but most likely there's only one off-street, which means the other two people have to find on-street parking which is a pain in the winter if you have a car (especially during snow emergencies when they ban all parking on the streets, which happens a half dozen times per year).  It has one small bathroom (with a tub), and one decent sized galley-style kitchen, a living room, and a dining room.  All the floors are hardwood.  The heat is natural gas with radiators (probably steam).

Ideally one of you will rent it so I'm not involved at all (there's probably no money in the deal - I just want more porcupines in the neighborhood).  However, if none of you wants the responsibility of managing it but at least two people _do_ want to move in (to a neighborhood that already has 12 porcupines within a 100 foot radius) before the end of the year, then I'll rent it myself and find people to fill it.  If I rent it out, then it will have high speed internet, heat & hot water, and electricity, but no other utilities.  If you want a phone you'll need a cell phone or VOIP (Error you run a phone service, right?), and if you want cable tv you'll need to come visit 412 Central Street.  The internet will be included in the base price, but the variable utilities will be split between housemates (i.e. something like $400+150, $325+$125, & $200+100).  As always, my terms are at will & I prorate by the day.

I told Steve the owner that I'd get back to him in a couple of days, so if you're interested, please email me at alecmuller at gmail.com before Wednesday at 5pm!

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 01:41:04 pm »

Update: I signed the lease on the 3-bedroom apartment today, and it will be ready for people to move in this next Saturday 12/22/07.  Please email me with details if you're interested!

Also, check out this 6.5 minute documentary on the FSP if you haven't already - nearly all of the interviews and footage for it were shot in our neighborhood.

http://current.com/items/88792912_rent_free
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:46:03 am by alecmuller »

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 03:06:57 pm »

Bump.  I have two rooms currently open if you're interested in living with other porcupines in Manchester (one for $350/month and one for $475), and expect to have two more ($400 and $475) in a few weeks.  Also, there are now 12 adult porcupines living either in my house or in the immediate neighborhood.

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:14 am »

I now have 3 rooms open, but expect to fill one of them this afternoon.  If you're looking for flexible housing in Manchester, send me an email at alecmuller at gmail.com.

Alec
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up