Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stossel Special Tonight  (Read 11173 times)

jeanius

Stossel Special Tonight
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »

John Stossel has a special on 20/20 tonight at 10pm that's probably worth watching.

Fact or Fiction?  Is gasoline is more expensive than ever? Do you think urban sprawl is ruining America? You might not think so after watching John Stossel's "Myths, Lies and Nasty Behavior."
Related: Book Excerpt: John Stossel's 'Give Me a Break'

If anyone hasn't read his book "Give Me a Break" it's *well* worth the time!

Jean

jeanius

Re: Stossel Special Tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 11:04:58 pm »

Ender

• FSP Participant
  • Everyone wants 2 go 2 heaven. Nobody wants 2 die
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 11:39:56 pm »

I loved the show tonight , most of us prob. did. But I sad to say he is gettin hammered on his own forum. :(
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from
bad judgment.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 11:48:29 pm »

Jeanius, thanks for the link. Good article.

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 12:28:11 am »

Thanks for that link.  I enjoyed reading it.

I loved the show tonight, most of us prob. did. But I sad to say he is gettin hammered on his own forum.

He wouldn't be the only publicly visible person to comment on ethics/morals and quickly get jumped for it.

Though his insights are great, sometimes people learn better by making mistakes.  I'd like to see the School of Hard Knocks become a more publicly accepted institution for higher education - anyone is free to enroll and learn at their own pace. :)
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 12:38:46 am »

John Stossel is brilliant.   I love his work.  He is a true asset to the freedom movement, and I wonder what is holding him back from joining the FSP.

The first segment is odd though... he should have combined it with segment 10, as it would have reinforced the final communism point, but for some reason it came first, and felt wierd.  It didn't feel like Stossel.  Plus, it was bad editing as people don't always tune in for an entire program (lots do), but anyone who just saw the first segment would think more laws need to be passed.  The freedom message wasn't even really touched on during the dumping segment.

Otherwise, stellar job.  I can't wait to see it, anyone have a .torrent?
Ian
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 12:48:46 am by FTL_Ian »
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Steve

• FSP Board Member
  • Administrator
  • La Vero vin liberigos
    • Elegant Solutions
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 09:01:38 pm »

I caught the show by chance during the flight from Moscow to Atlanta, and my outbursts probably had my neighbors thinking I was nuts.  Stossel shredded CNN's Lou Dobbs into tiny little pieces.  Then the two farmers defending farm subsidies, lying right into the camera.  What bastards...and thank God for John Stossel!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 12:55:25 am »

I wish I'd known about it, I'd have set the TiVo.  :(

Stossel is Penn & Teller without the profanity. No, I take that back... as much as I enjoy P&T BS, I have to say they engage in their own "Michael Mooreisms", manipulation of "subjects", and BSing through creative editing. I believe Stossel is more honest, and ethical.

Not that my concerns about P&T will stop me from watching their show, and laughing about it.  ;)

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up