Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: UN flag burning in Keene, NH 12/18/04  (Read 55685 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re:UN flag burning
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2004, 09:38:47 am »

Thanks .... and good idea :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2004, 09:44:28 am »

http://www.libertyhaven.com/theoreticalorphilosophicalissues/economichistory/monefund.html

It was on July 1, 1944, just three weeks after the Allies had landed in Normandy, that the most significant intergovernmental conference of the century began. The conference took place at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, and it represented, in the main, the thinking of two individuals, Harry Dexter White and John Maynard Keynes.

We all know who Keynes was, but few probably know about White, who allegedly had links to communists and "White's name appeared in some decrypted wartime Soviet cables."  In '53, US Attorney General Brownell declared White a spy and his bronze bust was moved to the IMF's basement.   ::)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 10:02:04 am by LeRuineur6 »
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2004, 10:03:51 am »

So would it be accurate and generally accpepted to say that the Bret. Woods conference laid the groundwork for the UN?
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2004, 10:10:34 am »

Regarding the issue of flag arrival on time, and the issue of finding a place in time...

We can always move this back to a later date if the pieces aren't falling into place fast enough.   Or we could even put all the pieces in place then wait for another piece of embarrassing news to break that makes this even more timely.  That would mean more news coverage. Our options are still wide open.

Anyway so Russell don't feel like you have to settle on a location today or tomorrow...I'd rather we pick the right one four days from now than the wrong one tonight.    However I do want us to go with Russell's location decision, whatever that is (providing we are not totally at odds with the people who live in that location).  

You are going to both pick a location and make sure we are ok to protest there correct?  

The ideas sound great...bonfire, etc.  Don't know if it will be practical to do without permit but I'm sure you'll find someplace that works.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 10:14:38 am by Dada Orwell »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2004, 10:14:47 am »

I like the idea of Bretton Woods every July 1st  ;D
But since I am choosing and Bretton Woods is 3 hours away for me...I still like the Keene idea.  :P
We are going to scout out Wheelock park in Keene for nice campfire/flag burning spots in a few minutes. There is basically no snow here but if there is I hear that they sled in that park too.
We had a few fun details to add to the flag burning party:
*Open carry (hopefully many of our group will be gun toting and UN hatin')
*Marshmellos or other campfire activities
*Meet at someones afterward for more fun or if the weather gets nasty ;)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2004, 10:21:19 am »

Let's do this next week no matter what. :)
We have 2 flags on order from 2 different places, so we should have one by next Saturday. :) If we do this close to our home in Keene, we can scout out a place without needing any permits. So we can be assured it will work on such short notice. :)

This can be our initial foray into the UN flag burning arena. Let's make a party out of it, so even if we don't coordinate media coverage or time it with a good UN outrage, we can still have a good time.

I think we should do a big flag-burning anti-UN party in Bretton Woods each July 1st. We can plan it way ahead of time and get plenty of media with such a firm date. :) It will also be a nice place to go in the summertime. Sound good?

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2004, 10:25:23 am »

Sounds good to me, Russell.  :)

I'd like to have something closer to the Seacoast area, but I'll just wait for a while and maybe we'll organize multi-location flag-burnings in the future.  A flag-burning at or near Bretton Woods every July 1 would be something I could plan for.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 10:26:13 am by LeRuineur6 »
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2004, 10:28:09 am »

The problem with waiting for a news item about the UN to stage a protest is getting the location and permit to burn a flag. Maybe we will have to stick with the one-man protests for that ;) ... or multi-person protests, but only with signs. We can always do a quick protest with only signs, no burning. :)

Maybe we will have to have a monthly Dada Orwell inspired protest about the UN or the IRS or whoever. Make it a regular event. :)

My only concern now is whether we can get Jon Bender here next saturday to make this an 'official' porcupine event. ;)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2004, 10:33:26 am »

I'd like to have something closer to the Seacoast area, but I'll just wait for a while and maybe we'll organize multi-location flag-burnings in the future.  A flag-burning at or near Bretton Woods every July 1 would be something I could plan for.
multi-location would be cool...especially after we have so many liberty lovers throughout the state no location would fit us or our bonfire would get too big.  ;D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2004, 10:41:17 am »

I love the July 1st idea each year...let's do it 8)
For this event...we will plan on Keene next Saturday 12/18 at a location we will post probably by this afternoon. :) As we get the specifics laid out, you can find it at:
NH Underground UN Flag Burning Page

We can also use that space to plan our yearly or multilocation UN flag burnings. We will have to order them (the flags) in quantity from now on.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 11:06:30 am by Russell Kanning »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2004, 11:40:01 am »

So are there any objections to us holding this in Keene, NH?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2004, 12:36:22 pm »

...so all in favor of holding a UN flag burning party in Keene, NH say "Aye"

bookish_lass

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2004, 12:39:25 pm »

Aye

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2004, 01:55:22 pm »

Aye.  Keene's not perfect for this ideologically or geographically but I picked you for this decision because I trust your judgment :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 02:09:09 pm by Dada Orwell »

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »

Seth sorry about our uh...bookish pit bull...I understand where you're coming from but as a practical matter I have already informed dozens of people from different forums that this is the thread to watch.  Too late to change it.

Great work on the flags guys...what leads you to be confident they will arrive in time?   Are you comfortable that the flag is a material that will burn well?  Will we need to use any accellerants?   And will we need a poncho or something to catch the embers and prevent litter?

As I mentioned; I'll have a fire extinguisher and will be there in the absence of major surprises (I do have to be at work at 3PM so a major snow storm might shut me out).

I have a pistol and holster too...will plan on wearing them. if you like I may be able to bring a second pistol for anyone who doesn't have one.

We are still planning for 11AM correct?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 02:07:26 pm by Dada Orwell »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up