Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: UN flag burning in Keene, NH 12/18/04  (Read 56735 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re:UN flag burning
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 11:46:08 am »

I have not found any "UN Free Zones" in NH yet. There seem to be a few in the US and possibly the whole state of Utah (I haven't checked that out yet).

Maybe we should just choose a place like Grafton and find the locals that supported the issue and have a flag burning party. We could even do it at someones house or property so that we don't need permission. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

radracer

• You miss 100 % of all the shots you never take. WG
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 02:10:06 pm »

I think this is a great idea! I also think Russell has a valid point about possibly not stepping on the shoes of those at the state house where we have no quarrels with the NH leadership. Too bad we can't take this to DC somewhere more respresentative or UN headquarters.
Best of luck!! Great idea! If you need more ammo make sure you visit GETUSOUT dot ORG

Rad
"Dreams are but thoughts until their effects be tried. -  William Shakespeare"

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out
how far one can go. - T.S. Eliot

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 02:42:09 pm »

Hmm...polyester and nylon don't burn well, they kind of melt.

What if you soak it in some gasoline?
Ian
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

BlueLu

• MMMMMMM! Monadnock
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 03:28:52 pm »

Hmm...polyester and nylon don't burn well, they kind of melt.

I seem to remember some flag-burners learning that a couple of years ago in front of the Capitol in Austin.  The residue was impossible to clean off the pavement.  So if you are reduced to burning a polymer fiber flag (which would be preferable not to do, because it just doesn't burn as dramatically), you definitely would want to put something down to catch the goo.  Maybe a big piece of sheet metal.

lloydbob1

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 03:59:20 pm »

A sheet of 1/4 inch luan plywood would  work and, probably,  not catch on fire before the flag finished burning.  This would be easier to find and cheaper than sheet metal.  Have the guy at Home Depot cut it in 1/2 for easier handling.
LLoyd

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 08:17:19 pm »

With regard to staging the protest in Grafton we'd want to tread lightly because of the bad feelings regarding the Free Town Project...I'd recommend actually calling the mayor or town council and and getting their blessing since they are probably the closest thing to a representative of all the people.  Russell I still need to know if you are officially taking responsibility for getting the location issue taken care of.

http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 08:33:19 pm »

John can get a burn permit, being as he's a volunteer with the local fire department, but we should do it in Concord, not up in Grafton. We want to inspire people statewide.

If you get the word out among the Birchers, the Patriots, and others, we could have a good sized crowd at the statehouse.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 08:15:18 am »

Dada: I will choose the location. :) We will decide today 8)
Everyone else: Thanks for the suggestions :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 08:24:33 am »

I don't want to do this at the state house even though we can get more publicity.  :(
*Our beef is not with NH or it's polititians (save it for when they deserve it ;) )
*I don't want to get a "permit" to protest :)
*We could make a mess :(
*I am thinking a campfire --->bonfire instead of just a flag burning

I do like the idea of supporting a place in NH that does want to protest the UN.
Does anyone have nominations?
If not we will put a warrant here in Keene to vote on it. :) And we can hold the flag burning here in Keene.  ;D I want this to turn into a liberty lovers party also, that way if the media doesn't show up we still had a great time.
Russell
BTW do we know if Jon Bender can make it? It will not be an "official" porcupine event without his presence.  ;D

bookish_lass

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 08:32:09 am »

I just read this:

"An amendment to the UN charter defines defiling or destroying the UN flag to be a crime against humankind, adjudicated before the World Court, and subject to punishment ranging from a mere fine, to 30 years in prison with re-education.

So be careful before you mess with the blue flag of world peace and equality."

Don't know if its true.  I don't recognize their jurisdiction over me, the bastards.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 08:36:35 am »

NYC would be the ideal location, at the UN HQ.
You are right...it would be best to actually protest the UN in some way. Is there a place in NH that has a UN presence?

bookish_lass

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2004, 08:42:20 am »

I decided to just order the flag.  Not quite sure if it'll get here in time though.  I asked if I could get faster shipping on it.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2004, 08:43:13 am »

Maybe we should order the flags in bulk ;) .... and burn them at every Porcupine BBQ

bookish_lass

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2004, 09:14:15 am »

The UN controlled parks/areas are called either "biosphere reserves" or "world heritage sites".  Here's one I found in NH:

http://www.euromab.org/brprogram/success/newhamp.html

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2004, 09:21:49 am »

OMG people, don't you know the history of the UN?!

http://www.un.org/Pubs/chronicle/2003/webArticles/081303_indigenous.asp

About the World Bank

"Established on 1 July 1944 by a conference of 44 governments in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, the World Bank is composed of five organizations: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The Bank's mission is "To fight poverty with passion and professionalism for lasting results; to help people help themselves and their environment by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity, and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors; and to be an excellent institution able to attract, excite, and nurture diverse and committed staff with exceptional skills who know how to listen and learn". With 184 member States, the Bank is one of the world's largest sources of development assistance; in 2002 it provided $19.5 billion to developing countries and brought finance and/or technical expertise towards reducing poverty in more than 100 developing economies. "

http://www.sustainer.org/dhm_archive/index.php?display_article=vn549brettonwoodsed

"On July 1, 1944, 730 delegates from 44 nations assembled at the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire.  They stayed three weeks.  When they left they had laid the groundwork for the reconstruction of Europe, for a global money and trade system, and for the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF)."

The World Bank's Library - Celebrating the Bretton Woods Institutions
Welcome to the Virtual Bretton Woods 60th Anniversary Exhibition
http://jolis.worldbankimflib.org/Bwf/

http://www.imfsite.org/origins/early.html

"1-22 July 1944 The IMF is established at the United Nations International Monetary and Financial Conference held in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. The Articles of Agreement are signed by forty-four nations."

http://jolis.worldbankimflib.org/Bwf/60panel2.htm

"July 1-22, 1944 - Delegates meet in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire
Representatives from 44 nations met at the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods for the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference - popularly known as the Bretton Woods Conference. Discussing the accomplishments, John Maynard Keynes said:"

"We have had to perform at one and the same time the tasks appropriate to the economist, to the financier, to the politician, to the journalist, to the propagandist, to the lawyer, to the statesman-even, I think, to the prophet and to the soothsayer."

We MUST hold this flag burning at or near the location of the founding of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund!!!!!!!!!!    :o

We should do this every July 1st as well.   >:(
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 09:36:50 am by LeRuineur6 »
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up