Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Investment or Buying Groups  (Read 15028 times)

Robert H.

• Jeffersonian
    • Devolution USA
Investment or Buying Groups
« on: November 17, 2002, 08:32:03 am »

Something I've been interested in for awhile is the idea of forming an investment or buying group to purchase real estate (your foreclosures, fix'er-uper's, notes, etc...) and then either selling them or renting them out.

If anyone here has any experience in that area or any desire to maybe form such a group, I'd love to hear from you.  I don't have much money for such, but if enough of us were involved, it might not take as much personal capital to get started.  Group credit could also be very helpful.

wes237

• FSP Participant
Re:Investment or Buying Groups
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 04:55:35 pm »

Robert... I sent you a private email on this subject. Thanks, Bill

heyerstandards

• Who's guarding the guards?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 11:28:49 pm »

In the broader experience of finding homes for 20,000 immigrants, your project will probably come in handy.  :D  Good luck.
Is government sometimes useful? Answered Mencken:

So is a doctor. But suppose the dear fellow claimed the right, every time he was called in to prescribe for a bellyache..., to raid the family silver, use the family tooth-brushes, and execute the droit de seigneur upon the housemaid.

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 02:46:26 pm »

I have an idea. Buy a large pices of acreage in the NewCastle, Wyoming area. Survey it out and build our own little town. Porcupine, Wyoming sounds good to me. Have our own town charter and take the county over politically and as more FSPers move in to the state we can take the state over next. Just a dream but sounds fun to me.

MrLiberty

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom shall not be limited.
    • Toby is your friend!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 03:11:21 pm »

Haha, funny timing, I just posted the same thought myself :)

Let's get a group together...  Maybe even a forum on here or a seperate site (Free State Land Trust Project maybe?) so we can focus on who is interested, how much we can start with, etc.

Just 50 people investing $1000 each is a great start.  Find a town with zero population, buy some property, "move" one of us in there and vote in a mayor, and start the movement :)

dada

wildermuthn

• Just a guy.
    • Christian Non-Resistance
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 05:03:19 pm »

I agree with the general idea here - that there ought to be a plan for moving into a new State.  You've got to live somewhere, and you've got to have a job.  Starting something now is the only thing that will let us succeed in the future.

How expensive is it to build a home, land included?  I imagine it goes down with the more homes that you are building.  Anyone have an idea?

Nate Wildermuth

Love your enemies
 - Jesus

underwater

• FSP Participant
  • A Normal Geolibertarian
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 09:36:23 pm »

Similar idea over here:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=925;start=15

Looking for comments and criticisms. Thanks!
- I will only vote for people that live in my local community and that are willing to meet with me to discuss the issues.
- I will only pay a tax (preferably a LVT) that is levied by my local community and spent on local infrastructure improvements and security.
- To me, FedGov does not exist.

sfran

• hello friends!
    • telecomky.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 01:51:35 pm »

hi friends,
  i am the sole owner of telecomky.com and i propose to use 80% of the revenues generated to invest in housing and jobs after the state is picked and continue
reinvesting as the need for jobs and housing continues.interested prospective partners may contact me via email.

DW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 02:04:42 pm »

See my post of "Wyoming Ranch."

Radar

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 04:07:15 pm »

So this would be sort of like a "planned community" where everyone chips in to buy the land and we make our own place?

Sounds cool.

Check out this website...

http://www.eaglestar.net/Eagle/montana.html

DW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2003, 05:37:12 pm »

The free state Wyoming ranch will be much better than you describe.

It wil be a not-for-profit owned association that will offer members the right to a parcel of property for placement of a home or RV  or tent etc., for a period of 99 years!

In addition we will have our own light industrial park and air strip that will offer the same deal to business owners who will employ association members.

The idea is a closed loop that extends the no-tax benefits of the asociation theroughout its membership.

With our collective skills, and the ranch real estate, we will overcome the drawback of an unskilled workforce
in wonderful Wyoming and bring in our own jobs!

More questions?

di540

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2003, 06:11:08 pm »

The free state Wyoming ranch will be much better than you describe.

It wil be a not-for-profit owned association that will offer members the right to a parcel of property for placement of a home or RV  or tent etc., for a period of 99 years!

In addition we will have our own light industrial park and air strip that will offer the same deal to business owners who will employ association members.

The idea is a closed loop that extends the no-tax benefits of the asociation theroughout its membership.

More questions?

Yes. Just what kind of not-for-profit association will this be?
501.c.8?  501.c.10?
Will it be as private as a Hutterite community?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 07:04:18 pm by mAximo »

DW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2003, 07:46:15 pm »

It will be neither of those you describe. It will be a State certified organization. I will fill you in when we get further down the road.

di540

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2003, 08:07:34 pm »

It will be neither of those you describe. It will be a State certified organization. I will fill you in when we get further down the road.
Okay, so it's not 501.c.8 or 501.c.10 or any other kind of
privately-certified organisation. But it's not going to sit
too well w/this crowd to accept what is in effect a state
grant of a feudal tenure, if they really do believe in their
goal of a Free State.

DW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2003, 08:43:25 pm »

Its not a State grant of anything! Its an officially recognized entity, by established law, within the state and by the State. Note upper and lower case.

There is nothing else that will eliminate the real property taxes on the "Ranch."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up