Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Any LIBERTARIANS on the youth board?  (Read 12759 times)

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
Any LIBERTARIANS on the youth board?
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:35:57 pm »

Well, I don't know how many there are, but I know there is at least on.  ME!! :)  I voted for Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian candidate for the Presidency, this year.  I think we should all mourn.  The reason being, Bush won :(.  But then, we should also rejoice.  The reason being, Kerry lost.  ;)

So, how many libertarians are there on this forum?  

Das ist alles (german for that is everything)  
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

dlenmn

• FSP Participant
    • me blog
Re:Any LIBERTARIANS on the youth board?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 07:55:07 pm »

Card carrying. I'm more disappointed with a Bush win than happy with Kerry's loss, but it's not a big deal. Badnarik is the man.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

TANSTAAFL

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 12:42:50 am »

Hoo Wah!

Awesome, dude.  Yeah.  Badnarik is the man.  

Gandalf....
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

dlenmn

• FSP Participant
    • me blog
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 05:20:18 pm »

Amen, I'm going to read his book when I get the chance.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

TANSTAAFL

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 10:23:03 pm »

Yes, I as well.  I still need to pick up a copy.  I've seen him in person.  Got to shake his hand and talk to him.  He's a cool guy.  His book's called "it's good to be king," right?

Gandalf out.

P.S., it's kinda nice to have another Libertarian to talk to.  Eh?

dlenmn

• FSP Participant
    • me blog
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 05:27:45 pm »

That's pretty cool. I saw a lot of him on http://www.libertariantv.com/ but I would really have liked to meet him in person. The full title is "Good To Be King: The Foundation of Our Constitutional Freedom"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1594110964/qid=1101075999/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-1000571-7513461?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Yeah, it is good to talk. Other libertarians are hard to find...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 05:28:53 pm by dlenmn »

TANSTAAFL

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 02:27:55 pm »

great!  I'll look into that.  Thanks

Gandalf

Gabo

• FSP Participant
Re: Any LIBERTARIANS on the youth board?
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 08:35:09 pm »

I've been meaning to look into Badnarik's book as well!

I read the sample chapter they had on the website, and it was fantastic!
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

joeyforpresident

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 01:00:31 am »

I just renewed my LP membership.

I, too, voted for Badnarik.

But I'm a "switch-hitter" in politics.

I'm a Libertarian Republican (Republican Liberty Caucus). I'm also very fond of Ralph Nader, to an extent.

Anyway, that's my story.

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 11:38:31 pm »

Nader.... whwhhhhwh! *Convulses uncontrollably*..... No comment....

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 12:39:11 pm »

Badnarik's book is excellent.  I suggest everyone here to read it.

I would be a registered member of the LP........ but I'm not "voting age" yet.
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

bailey228

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 09:22:53 pm »

Yup, I've been a Libertarian since I was born! I learned to say "DAMN GOB'MENT!!" by the time I was 2, thanks to daddy of course (although he claims he's a republican and completly supports Bush, yet we agree on every topic and I KNOW I'm not a republican, but that's another topic) I'm wondering if there are any other young Libertarian parents who beleive in homebirth and/or home schooling? Or are me and my husband the only ones? We joined the FSP already but we're going to move as soon as possible after the baby is born. And of course I voted for Badnarik!

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 01:50:00 am »

Well, my parents homeschooled me.  Damn government schools couldn't cope with the fact that I have an independent mind, and they couldn't rewrite my hard-drive.  Program me to think they way they wanted me to think.  Learn only the stuff they wanted me to learn....   *stiffens up* oh.... sorry...  Sometimes the conspiracies flow freely...  I think I should go down to the doc's office and get that looked at.  Anyhow, yeah, not sure about the home birth and all... just seems more convenient in some ways just to go to the hospital...  But then again, there's all the implants and weird vaccines that no one's heard of, and the haven't been tested, and all that, and they probably but tracking devices in their brains, and who knows what el- oops... I'm doing it again....  I guess just I'm just in a conspiracy mood.  In any case, just so's y'all know, I'm really not sure I buy all the stuff I just said.  Like about the implants and tracking devices.  It is an interesting thought, however.  Reminds me of Manchurian Candidate.  The new one with Denzel Washington. 

I didn't get to vote for Badnarik :(...  I just wasn't quite old enough to make it in time for this election.  Will be able to next time, though, in '08.  So if he runs again, he certainly has my vote.

Oh, and y'all, vote for me when I run for president. ;)

Neo-Jeffersonian

Misos

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 07:16:13 am »

My state government doesn't think I should vote for the LP, so I can't.  >:(

jenn_dorsett

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 04:21:48 pm »

hey bailey, I'm in the same boat, although no children yet.  Homebirth is a wonderful start to a childs life.  Besides, most hospital policy is very un-libertarian.  Unless you are well educated on the subject, and constantly asking invasive questions (which I hear can be difficult when in active labor) the hospital staff can pull some fast ones on you.  Example:  You have come to the hospital after a few hours of mild labor.  They admit you, check you, and find that you are 3cm along.  Next, they make you lay down.  After a few  hours of that (with minimal eatage and drinkage) and no progession, they put an IV drip with pitocin in it.  The drug starts very strong contractions, and very soon, you are in severe pain.  Remember, contraction are GOOD, they push the baby out.  But these contractions are so sudden and so severe, they can be dangerous.  So they give you a pain reducing epidural.  THAT drug slows labor even more, and also has a depressant effect on baby.  All this time you are laboring while laying down (which I hear is extremly painful, more so that squatting or kneeling)  because they won't let you get  up(even if you could with al those wires and tubes coming out of you) After checking the Fetal monitering system with is attached to babies head via SCREW the nurses see that his heart rate has dropped dangerously low.  Now your only choice is a ceasarean section.  Baby is delivered, hopefully breathing, and everyone involved is drugged-up and groggy.  No harm done, right?  Not exactly. 

Of, course not all hospital births are like this.  Some are worse.  If you don't really want to take responsibility for yourself and your child, the hospital is the PERFECT place.  I guess because  they know EVERYTHING about ANYTHING, including what feels right to you (and I bet half of those people have never delivered before!)
With all this technology, (and with some 80% of women delivery in hospitals) the US still manages to have THE HIGHEST infant and maternal mortality rate IN THE WORLD.  Is it me, or is this just retarded?

Ah, I degress. 

I suppose my point is this:  Hospitals are for sick people.  A pregenant/laboring woman isn't sick, she's just going through a natural process that her body was very well constructed for.  Most women don't have complications, and if they do, that is what 911 is for.

I am done with my rant for now.  Feel free to push my buttons, I love making the truth about hospital birth known, but most people don't want to hear it.

Happy Homebirth! ;D
-Jennifer
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up