Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ballot Access in NH  (Read 6252 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Re:Ballot Access in NH
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 03:19:59 pm »

Is it possible that those MA people work in NH? I think I heard Mike Lorrey claim they were paid, but that seems unlikely. I think he also said some were teamsters...

They come up in Buses... they all arrive and leave together.  When asked where they are from, they hesitate and then claim someplace else in NH (different places).  Sorry, but the union story seems outlandish until you see them first hand.

I also think that we need to fix the Election Day registration.  I'm convinced Benson lost by 20K people who voted straight Democratic Ticket on orders, registering from MA and signing a 'NH resident affidavit.'  20K sounds like a lot, until you look at the huge voter turnout, and WHERE it happened, and the effect on races that were local races where it's a strong Rep turnout historically (and suddenly it's Demo central?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 03:20:52 pm by SethCohn »

Greenbacks

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 03:43:03 pm »

I'm convinced Benson lost by 20K people who voted straight Democratic Ticket on orders, registering from MA and signing a 'NH resident affidavit.'  20K sounds like a lot, until you look at the huge voter turnout, and WHERE it happened, and the effect on races that were local races where it's a strong Rep turnout historically (and suddenly it's Demo central?)

face the facts not the spin - the man was hated by everyone because of his arrogance and ethical lapses.

plus like all diletantes he simply got bored with governing and put in a lackluster effort at campaigning.

it had nothing to do with his ideology because NH is trully a small government state but also we are contrarians at heart.

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 05:32:03 pm »

face the facts not the spin - the man was hated by everyone because of his arrogance and ethical lapses.

Wrongo.  I was holding Benson signs in the heart of Concord, where according to that logic, he should have been universally hated.  Instead, he was getting strong positive responses (at least 30%, which he got vote-wise)... If the response was that good in the place he's most hated, then he should have won... and in fact, when you go to the county by county, I think it's easy to see which polling places were WAY off...  You want to avoid reality, fine... but I know what I saw: the Democrats hated losing NH in 2000, and were willing to do whatever it took to win it, after all the ends justify the means.  The folks I saw working for Kerry and the Democrats were not Native, and they were not people who moved here... but I'm sure lots of them voted.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 08:12:16 pm »

This is what the Sept/Oct LPNH newsletter says (a snippet):

"National asked, and we said we needed help.  One week before the deadline we got a call that the petitioners were in the state.  One team didn't even reach their low goal, the other team did get 500 signatures for us.  But they also worked for Nader, which potentially nullified many signatures since the law says you can only sign one petition."
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 02:10:29 pm »

<<republican conspiracy theory nonsense deleted>>

Whatever.  People here on the ground, like me, like Ed Naile (who took photos), and others, all noticed the large pecentage of 'Out of State' plates with Kerry stickers, who held signs, or who went to polling places, posed as 'exit pollers' to get in, and then advised people to vote Kerry (this is reported in the paper).  Yeah, it's nonsense... whatever.
The 'domicile' requirement was almost waived this election, thanks to an extremely soft view of it, which election officials were told was ok to do.

Kerry's machine was pretty damn dishonest.  I saw lots of Kerry signs around... what happened to the Bush signs? (and Benson signs, etc?)
Someone was pulling them and trashing them...

I am NOT saying the Republicans don't play dirty politics either... history proves that...  But anyone who thinks Kerry really won NH fair and square is wrong... else you witness it, you can't judge those who did.

Greenbacks

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 03:11:42 pm »

but I'm sure lots of them voted

pure speculation.

why weren't they challanged by poll watchers from the Republican side?

Bush has never been liked here in NH. Not by anyone who calls themselves a fiscal conservative and anti-imperialist!

For pete sake he lost to McCain by 20% in the 2000 NH primary and his father (no evangelical christian) lost big to the paleo-conservative Buchanan by about the same margin!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 03:15:02 pm by Greenbacks »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up