Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to move to NH. How hard is it to find employment?  (Read 1592 times)

Nautilus

Want to move to NH. How hard is it to find employment?
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:42:44 pm »

I've done a fair amount of research on the FSP and I think I'm almost ready to take the plunge and move. But first, I'm in need of employment. I'm 19 and am going to be doing online schooling while working. I'm knowledgeable in e-cigarettes and would preferably like to find a job at a vape shop or smoke shop. I'm also interested in working at a kava bar but that's sort of a long shot since I'm not sure kava bars are popular in NH. Last but not least, I have a lot of experience in the food industry. My family has ran several successful restaurants and I've picked up a fair amount of knowledge along the way.

Another question I have is I'm not sure where exactly in NH I'd like to move. What are some of the nicer (but not too expensive) cities to live in?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Want to move to NH. How hard is it to find employment?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:49 pm »

It's not difficult at all to find semiskilled employment in retail, food service, etc. The unemployment rate in NH is something like 2nd lowest in the country. You might want to start out in Manchester or Nashua where there is a large population base. Manchester has lower cost of living than almost all the rest of southern NH. There are also opportunities in West Lebanon, North Conway, and other border towns in the retail sector.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Nautilus

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:19:36 pm »

I live in the 45th highest unemployment (California  ::) ) so I'd imagine the job search won't take long for me compared to how it was here. I'll keep looking into it. Thanks for the help!  :)

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:41:36 am »

Was unemployed in California for three years. Moved to Manchester and got a job in a week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up