Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: "Free State" is only state where Badnarik won't be on the ballot.  (Read 30316 times)

Greenbacks

Re:"Free State" is only state where Badnarik won't be on the ballot.
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2004, 03:10:32 pm »

Hey Greenbacks!

You keep typing away, but it is your words that make no sense!! ???

Do you really have any clue about the FSP, or what is going on in New Hampshire?

By the way were are you from? :D

how do you feel about your petition efforts being tanked by RePOOPlicans in Libertarian clothing?

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2004, 04:21:13 pm »

Oops!  Again who are you to even ask?  You like to throw out questions, but are you are real person?  Greenbacks...all info hidden?

Fact is I have bumped heads with many of the folks leading this organization, but also know and respect most of them. Hey, we just disgree, but have never doubted there committment to freedom and the importance of our mission.

You on the other hand run out conspiracy crap, try to divide us, make up crap?

You have no idea about the NH folks, I do!!  They are good people and working there butts off to promote freedom.  Do we make mistakes?  Probably, but I will go for folks doing, and making mistake way before I will go with folks like you who do nothing, but bitch and moan about them!

Fact is, while I respect your right to hide, if you want me to give fair counsel to your words, then think you need to come out from behind your computer, say who your are, and were you are from!  Not like the man can't find you!  Just hide from those who would be your allies.

Fact is think you are no ally, but just someone who thinks the government know best!

Warm regards,
David L. Mincin
Dover, NH

That's me!  Who are you?
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2004, 05:19:52 pm »

Like it or not, September 2006 is a hard deadline.

Eddie

It appears that the hard deadline is no more.  From the FAQ:

Q: What is the time frame for the Free State Project?

A: The Participation Guidelines state that once we reach 20,000 participants, everyone has five years to move to New Hampshire. The Participation Guidelines do not specify a requisite time period for reaching 20,000. However, the Project's goal is to reach 20,000 participants by September 2006.

Can someone in the leadership of the FSP shed light on this?  Has the September 2006 deadline to have 20,000 members been officially abandoned?  Was there an announcement of this?
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2004, 06:04:58 pm »

Like it or not, September 2006 is a hard deadline.

Eddie

It appears that the hard deadline is no more.  From the FAQ:

Q: What is the time frame for the Free State Project?

A: The Participation Guidelines state that once we reach 20,000 participants, everyone has five years to move to New Hampshire. The Participation Guidelines do not specify a requisite time period for reaching 20,000. However, the Project's goal is to reach 20,000 participants by September 2006.

Can someone in the leadership of the FSP shed light on this?  Has the September 2006 deadline to have 20,000 members been officially abandoned?  Was there an announcement of this?

There never was a hard deadline, but there has always been a stated goal.  Obviously there is only limited "give" in the 9/2006 goal before we have to sign people up again.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2004, 06:57:50 pm »

Hey Rich,
I'm going to attempt to address your concern.   Please know in advance that just giving you my personal perspective, and that I do not speak for the leadership.

First back in October of 2003, we ended a somewhat bitter election, and New Hampshire was chosen as the Free State.  Again don't know for sure, but believe the orginal projection was based on our current growth rate, and the fact that we had over 5.000 members.

Truth is, after the vote, and the opt out's were taken into consideration we had closer to 4,000 members.  Ok someone misspoke, oh boy, who amoung us is perfect?  So the numbers then use to make the projection were quite frankly bogus!  An honest mistake!

Keep in mind the orginal statement was based on current numbers, and current growth rates, without I believe,  taking into account the opt outs.

Ok since then remember, we really started with 4,000 members, we have  increased our membership by 50% in the past year.  Do the math, if we continue at our current growth rate, do believe it is doable and realistic, that we hit out numbers, by October, 2007 or there about.

My hope it the Q&A will be adusted to reflect this more realistic time table.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Old Nick

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2004, 11:35:24 pm »

What, no one gives a damn that the OKLP is essentially impotent?? I thought that at least a few of you would express your utter outrage with this reality.
God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."
-- George W. Bush to Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas, July 2003

Old Nick

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2004, 11:50:17 pm »

You on the other hand run out conspiracy crap, try to divide us, make up crap?

Greenbacks may be a bed-wetting luddite, but I don't see what his words in this thread and others having to do with the situation of the LP in NH has to do with "dividing the FSP". Fact is, there are some truly legitimate worries afoot about what transpires there, and what exactly has twarted the LP in its effort to attain ballot access. Hell, even RDEACON, a raging moderate who decries "conspiracy theories" left and right, smells elephants.

And where is the consistency in suggesting that Democrats are guilty of sabotage whereas others suggesting that REPUBLICANS are guilty of it are branded as "stupid conspiracy theorists". You people listen to too much fu#$ing Boortz...

P.S. I do NOT suggest that Democrats are innocent. Not by a long shot. But let's not be so narrow-minded, here...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 11:51:46 pm by Old Nick »
God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

Blefuscu

• FSP Participant
  • Big Endian Enemy of the State
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2004, 12:39:11 am »

That the democrats in NH would object to the libertarian ticket, when everybody thinks it benefits John Kerry? (since we all know that libertarians are actually Republicans).

I might be misreading you Eddie, and if so, I apologize.  I can't tell if you were being serious or sarcastic.  Sarcastic, I hope.  But I want to assure you that not all libertarians are actually Republicans, as you claimed.  How very offensive is that idea.  

The very thought of being regarded a Republican is utterly repugnant to me, every bit as much as I am repulsed by the narrow-minded unnatural beliefs of the Religious Reich from whom so much of the Republican social agenda seems to stem.  

I am a libertarian, but I arose to this principled vantage from a position on the left, not from the right.   Am I in the minority among libertarians in this respect?  I don't know, but I know I'm not the only one.   We are not all actually Republicans.  
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last Priest" - Denis Diderot
"I like beer and ice cream, and I have other vices too."  - Blefuscu

robertLP

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2004, 12:47:07 am »

What, no one gives a damn that the OKLP is essentially impotent?? I thought that at least a few of you would express your utter outrage with this reality

OK is considered the most difficult state - by far - to get ballot access.  The state LP needs well over 10 times the signitures that NH requires for ballot access.  No other third party/Independent even attempted it.  OKLP is at least suing the state on constitutionality grounds to overturn such a steep hurdle.

Try doing at least 27 seconds of research next time you attempt a sarcastic little remark.

Old Nick

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2004, 12:49:56 am »

I was basically raised a Democrat, but it was in my early teen years that I became a truly extreme social liberal, which was shortly after I had given up Christianity and religion/spirituality altogether. It was also at about that same time I found Libertarianism and the Libertarian Party, and shortly thereafter I declared myself a Libertarian in ideology. Most would probably say that means I "came from the Left", but I wouldn't know how to qualify that.

Blefuscu

• FSP Participant
  • Big Endian Enemy of the State
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2004, 12:50:33 am »

I am moving to New Hampshire regardless.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last Priest" - Denis Diderot
"I like beer and ice cream, and I have other vices too."  - Blefuscu

Old Nick

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2004, 12:50:59 am »

Hold on. Where's the hostility coming from?? I wasn't criticizing the OKLP, I was criticizing fucking OKLAHOMA. The OKLP is the victim, here. I just found it strange that no one had commented on it since I'd posted it, that's all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 12:52:34 am by Old Nick »

Old Nick

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2004, 12:53:15 am »

I am moving to New Hampshire regardless.

And so shall I, when I have the means.

Old Nick

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2004, 12:53:35 am »

You doubt that?

robertLP

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2004, 12:59:19 am »

Calling the OKLP impotent kinda sounds like you're bashing OKLP, not OK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up