Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Amendment Activities  (Read 15509 times)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Second Amendment Activities
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 06:14:12 pm »

Guns don't kill people!!   :D

Gaping holes in vital organs kill people.  :o

I'm guessing you believe this is witty?

Well it is accurate. :P
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 09:37:44 pm »

I always liked the t-shirt slogan...

"Guns don't kill people.  I kill people.  Any questions?"

And the oldie-but-goodie...

"You can't argue with a .45
Well, you can, but you just end up bleeding a lot!"

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

EclecticBuddha

• FSP Participant
  • Carlos Baerga Is the Greatest Man Since Iron Man
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 05:33:56 pm »

Guns dont kill people, Damn Dirty Apes With Guns Kill People!!!

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 09:28:55 pm »

Guns don't kill people, gun control does!

The statistics prove it. Look them up and use them on anti-gunners. The fact is, when gun laws are relaxed, fewer murders, rapes, and assaults occur. The anti-gun policies that so many claim will saves lives, are leading to more deaths. That's just the simple truth. Next time someone talks about saving lives by banning guns, use some truth to shut them up.

Gerry LaVallee

• FSP Participant
  • Hunting, camping, or both.......too many choices
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 04:20:36 am »

Has anyone figured out what facility we will have for 2nd Amendment stuff?
Is it just a sand pit? or an enclosed building?

Should I bring the target frames, that I threw together?
gerrbear
I work, because millions on welfare depend on me.

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 02:24:41 pm »

Gerry,

Think it's the sand pit.  Check with Bill (Bald Eagle).  He gave me the 'details' the other day and I'm pretty sure it said sand pit.  I studied them, but I forget now exactly what level of detail he has planned.  I do recall he said he'd love to have help with setup on Sunday the 24th.  ;)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

lloydbob1

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2005, 03:52:01 pm »

Last year it was a sand pit or quarry about 10 miles away. Perhaps this year they found something closer and more sophisticated.

Gerry LaVallee

• FSP Participant
  • Hunting, camping, or both.......too many choices
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2005, 05:32:12 pm »

We are arriving on Tuesday the 26th, and if Bill hasn't set up by then, I can help and I have told him this in emails.
I do plan on helping on the Second amendment activities during the week. As I say, I threw together a couple of KD frames and I have a stack of paper targets ready. I am bring my wife's SKS which would be a good weapon for beginners. I have't decided if I should bring my 12ga shotgun or anything else.

gerrbear
I work, because millions on welfare depend on me.

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 09:01:27 pm »

What kind of yardage is there at the pit? Is there a long enough range to make scoped rifles worth bringing.?

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 11:51:59 am »

Citizen:

The yardage at the Sand Pit is pretty limited, though I'm going to see if I can use a portion of the dirt road leading into the clearing as a longer range for light rifles, especially for things like the AQT.

Gerry:

I'm hoping to be able to get as much done as I can in the first one or two days, but Murphy (not Keith) always gets himself into the works, so I'd appreciate you checking in on me to make sure I'm not in over my head. :)

IIRC, I brought my SKS to the last Festival, and hammered the shot-up propane tank and a few cans.  I'm leaning toward bringing my KelTec Sub2000 in 9mm, and my AR-15 (especially for the 3-gun event) since the 9mm pistol caliber and light bullet weight of the .223 ought to add yet another layer of safety and maybe keep down the BOOOM!'s

I'll probably bring my 20" Mossberg 500 for clays and the 3-gun. 

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while - plain-ole' email and local politics has kept me busy enough!

Bill Walker

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 12:30:18 pm »

Ok questions: I am very interested in the second amendment activities especially if anyone can help me shoot my Smith-built LRB M14SA better! My wife will get upset if I leave her and "go shooting" while on vacation. Is there a place where the non-shoooters (she'll have our seven month old baby and our six year old) can wait and watch from a distance. I'd hate to leave my wife. That said what amount of time will I be away if they can't come with me? Also it sounds like there will be a lot of knowledgable instructors. That's what I want, some shooting tips. I think it's great if some people are there to shoot for the first time but if this is the focus It's not worth me going to. I want to use this opportunity to IMPROVE my shooting (which I admit ain't that great).
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 12:33:19 pm »

Another thing originally I remember there was to be shooting on Fri. Is this stil true? We're not arriving until thur evening.
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005, 07:29:37 am »

There's an intro to shooting for beginners class on Friday.  I don't recall off the top of my head if they're using the sand pit or some other venue for the shooting part ('class' instruction begins at Roger's at the Pavillion).  I presume (correct me if I'm wrong Bill) the sand pit will be available the rest of the day. 

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2005, 04:16:51 pm »

Vermass:

I expect that there will be a lot of "wiggle room" in the shooting schedule, so we can probably accommodate whatever needs you have to get the lead out.

The "sand pit" is rustic, at best, so bringing creature comforts for your clan is highly recommended.  Parking and access are somewhat limited from what I remember, but I'm gonna try to make some improvements on the first day or two.

Watching is fine, watching from a distance may not be possible due to the lay of the land and the foliage.

Thre are sure to be a ton of experienced shooters showing up, and my plan is to have the gun nuts congregate and exchange info with both new & intermediate level shooters.  As Fred says, we need to start (re)training a nation of riflemen.  So bring your rifle and ask a lot of questions.  And shoot a lot of ammo. :)

Bill Walker
"Bald Eagle"
Richmond, VA

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2005, 09:56:14 pm »

FYI, as I said earler, I'll be bringing some ammunition, which will be available for sale.

I expect to have at least 2000 rounds of 9mm, 2000 rounds of 45ACP, and 5000+ rounds of 22lr

All will be high-quality ammunition (no reloads, no bare lead, all non-corrosive), suitable for target use.  I may also have some "personal defense"-class ammunition available from my own private stock.

Prices will be reasonable, and all profits will go to the FSP.  I sort of think a yearly lottery for early movers who take the plunge that year (prize to be drawn randomly at the following year's PorcFest) would be a good idea, but the money could also go directly to the FSP, to spend as they see fit.  Or, someone else may have an idea that might be interesting.  I just think that the lottery idea might encourage some early moves...

So, post any interesting ideas, and I'll compile them all and have something that people can mark their preference on, so the people who actually buy can vote for how the money will be allocated.

To help in setting prices, if anyone wants to send me a private message with the maximum that they feel would be fair for a box of 50 rounds or any of these calibers, please do so.  I'd request that you send private messages instead of posting, so that the results will not be distorted.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up