Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why was the Career Ops Thread Locked?  (Read 33941 times)

CharlesChampion

Re: Why was the Career Ops Thread Locked?
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2005, 12:29:29 am »

Hook wrote:
"If you are creditors, what you are currently doing could be argued to be an attempted collection action. Which would be in violation of the stay order."

Charles Champion wrote:
In other words, "shut up or else."

Hook wrote:
Thats one interpretation.

Charles Champion wrote:
It's an empty threat, of course.  But why do you care?  Why do you want to suppress adverse information about Robert Gibson and his bankrupt companies?  (Serve-em.com, Inc., Corblet Corporation, Corbadex Corporation, 1-800-Serve-em, Inc. and Jurifund Corporation)

Hook wrote:
Where did I state I want to suppress information?

Charles Champion responds
You didn't state it, you did it.  You tried to intimidate us with your ridiculous statement that talking about our experiences on the internet is somehow a debt collection effort that is banned by law.  If what you said had been true, then the obvious conclusion (not just one interpretation) is that we should shut up or face legal consequences.

But answer the question, why do you care about any of this?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 12:42:53 am by CharlesChampion »

hook

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2005, 12:34:46 am »

Hey "Hook"

I notice that the item that particularly caught your attention and provoked you to respond said:

"In case anybody is interested:
I noticed way back, that people reading had said it was hard to tell
who was telling the truth in this issue and who wasn't,

We just got some documents from one of Robert Gibson's creditors.
In contrast to the lie that Mike Lorrey told way back several months
ago that the Bankruptcy proceedings were over and that the complainer
lost...

This is absolutley not the case."

Somena was trying to resolve the issue of "who was telling the truth", Mike Lorrey or everyone who posted here contradicting him.  She referred to a "lie that Mike Lorrey told" and offered proof from public record documents that Mike Lorrey had said something that was, in fact, a lie.

Why does that bother you?  You've assured us that you are not Mike Lorrey.  You haven't bothered to mention any connection whatsoever between you and Mike Lorrey or Robert Gibson, or any of Gibson's bankrupt companies.  So presumably you are a disinterested party who has no personal stake in this, right?

Correct. If you post in a public forum its entirely possible someone from the public will respond and its entirely possible that person will have absolutely no connection to the protagonists mentioned in the post.

If you actually do have a close connection to Mike Lorrey, (like for example, you see him every day at the office or in the mirror as the case may be) or you actually draw a paycheck from one of Gibson's bankrupt companies, then maybe you should mention that.  Mike Lorrey gets very upset when people with a vested interest in this matter don't immediately and clearly state their vested interest.  He once called me a liar for not mentioning that I now run a company that is in the same industry as Gibson and is, therefore, a competitor.  He might call you a liar, too, if you fail to mention your connection to Lorrey and Gibson.

But why should you care what Mike Lorrey might think of that?  He's just a god-damned liar anyway.   That has now been demonstrated pretty conclusively, don't you think?

Why should I care?

Actually objectively, no it hasn't. Statements made with regard to Mr. Gibson's bankruptcy could have been based on information supplied by Mr. Gibson. Mike Lorrey may have received inaccurate information and the statement would be incorrect, not a lie.

CharlesChampion

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2005, 12:40:21 am »

For the record, none of my comments or my wife's comments are attempts to collect a debt.  We have long since given up hope of ever getting a penny of the money Robert Gibson owes.  Furthermore, debt collectors stop their activities when the debt is paid.  If Gibson paid all the debts tomorrow, that would be a major point in his favor, but it would not erase what he has done and I would not stop telling the truth about it any time the subject comes up.  And if Mike Lorrey stopped telling lies tomorrow and even apologized for his libels, that would not be the same as if it never happened and I would not hesitate to keep saying so.

CharlesChampion

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2005, 12:49:03 am »

Hook wrote:
Why should I care?
Actually objectively, no it hasn't. Statements made with regard to Mr. Gibson's bankruptcy could have been based on information supplied by Mr. Gibson. Mike Lorrey may have received inaccurate information and the statement would be incorrect, not a lie.

Charles Champion responds:
You obviously do care, as you vehemently defend the hypothetical possibility that Mike Lorrey isn't a liar.  And of course, it's just hypothetical if you have no personal knowledge of what Mike Lorrey knew and when he knew it.

So why do you care?

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2005, 12:56:33 am »

What are Mr. Lorrey's alleged motivations for lying?  To protect his employer?

I would love to hear Mike's response to all of this.

I don't propose to lean one side or the other on this, as I don't know any of the parties, but it's all very...  curious.

Ian
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

somena

• I'm a llama!
    • L.Neil Smith's Response to Mike Lorrey
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2005, 04:11:09 am »

Why should I care?

Mike Lorrey did more than just report the "incorrect information" that he got from Robert Gibson. He took it further in quite a few instances and simply MADE UP his own crap. Lots of it - in fact.  For instance, he even admitted on the phone that his post where he refferred to our "rat-hole apartment" was entirely made up. He admitted that he had no personal knowledge of our living conditions. We even linked to a website where people could check out the property-value of our current address, and see that it's a 2 bedroom house, and not an apartment... but Lorrey did not bother to correct even THAT minor point.

We both told Mike Lorrey, here and on the phone that we would be happy to let the entire matter drop on this if he would simply go back thru the various posts he had made, and qualify his statements as coming from Robert Gibson... instead of reporting on hearsay, and on things for which he had no direct knowledge as if they were without question TRUE and that HE Mike Lorrey was vouching for their truth.

Mike even promised to go back and qualify which of his statements were based soley on the words of Robert Gibson. He then broke that promise.

He reported on these matters after he claimed to have investigated it all for himself. This was a lie. He did not investigate a damn thing. He didn't even both to click on the link to the Florida District Bankruptcy Court's website that had information on it, that directly and specifically contradicted his "reporting" of these matters.

I also note that soon after we made that post, urging him to do so, he stopped responding to this issue altogether, With a sniggering hand-waiving blank-out denial - he acted as if he had made the case that my husband and I were not telling the truth, that we were criminals, that he had vindicated Robert Gibson and now what's going on is what would be called by a libertarian that is familiar with the epistemology of Objectivism, a BLANK-OUT.

Hook... whomever the hell you are. There is, as I said before, a huge difference between people making errors in judgement, and people making moral errors.

If Lorrey had bothered to retract, recant, or even qualify his statements (as he promised) as being errors of knowledge... the incorrect information that he recieved from Gibson... that it was hearsay -- these would all be proof of errors of judgement.

But when he has worked for this company for MONTHS, and acted as a defender of a scum-bag who has defrauded dozens upon dozens of creditors -- and made such bold assertions about the Bankruptcy all being over -- well... that goes a little ways PAST errors in knowledge and judgement.

It speaks to moral bankruptcy on his part.

"Libertarianism is about personal responsibilty, which means you pay your
 debts, no welshing, no defaulting, no bankruptcy. " - Mike Lorrey stated
this on September 13, 2003 - ON THIS VERY FORUM
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:42:25 pm by somena »
"Libertarianism is about personal responsibilty, which means you pay your debts, no welshing, no defaulting, no bankruptcy. " - Mike Lorrey stated this on September 13, 2003

CharlesChampion

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2005, 06:20:05 pm »

Mike Lorrey,

You sure as hell know NOW that the bankruptcy case was not really settled when you said it was back on August 24, 2004 in your post to the "Career Opps in NH & FLA" thread on this forum.  (Business / Employment)

You called me and my wife liars for telling the truth.

If you had the moral courage of a man instead of the furtive habits of a weasel you would come here now under your own name and post something that admits that what you said was not true, you dishonest son of a bitch.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 06:27:17 pm by CharlesChampion »

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2005, 03:09:28 pm »

Hey Mr.Winged-Monkey Mike Lorrey,

We just spoke with the ISP that you claimed that Gibson won a $150,000 suit against.
In contrast to your lie about this --- the fact is THEY have sued GIBSON for the $3500
that he neglected to pay them for hosting his Web-Server.

There has been NO... I repeat NO lawsuits filed by Gibson or any of his 3-card-monte businesses
against INFOLINK, the ISP that seized the hardware of 1-800 Serve Em for FAILURE TO PAY
$3500 for services rendered.

There was however a lawsuit filed a few weeks ago by INFOLINK's attorney's against Gibson's
companies for that $3500!

Oh -- we are waiting to hear back from the Bankruptcy Court's appointed Trustee. Your claim
to Fischer's and his wife that my husband and I are facing "prosecution" by a Bankruptcy Attorney
is complete and total bullshit.

Don't you GET IT, you buffoon! Chapter 7 Bankruptcy means that Gibson's company's of 1-800 Serve Em, Corbadex, Corblet, Serve-em.Com ARE INSOLVENT. That means there is NO money to hire lawyers to engage in frivolous lawsuits!

What part of BANKRUPT do you not understand you stupid tool?
Geez...

Oh.. and if Gibson himself wants to file such a suit - personally. Well I suggest Mike Lorrey that
you zoom on over to sunbiz website for Florida's Government. Check out the 2 liens against
Gibson and His Company! I would love to let THOSE people know about Gibson having money
for such things when he is unwilling to pay those people what the lien says is due!

Mike Lorrey, do you ever get tired of telling lies about people?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:42:45 pm by somena »
"Libertarianism is about personal responsibilty, which means you pay your debts, no welshing, no defaulting, no bankruptcy. " - Mike Lorrey stated this on September 13, 2003

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2005, 05:24:51 pm »

Calling people "stupid fool" is not a good way to get them to listen.  Just a tip.   ::)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2005, 05:40:15 pm »

I know Ian.

Maybe you have a better word to call somebody who believes a notorious liar
and deadbeat like Gibson --  comes onto this forum to make claims like

"The bankruptcy proceeding is over" 8 months ago -- and even when
 he finds out that this was not true, blanks it out. pretends it never happened
and goes merrily on his way spreading more vicious lies and slander against
myself and my husband.

It's behaviour reminiscient of my son when he was 5 putting his hands over his
ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA"

I'm open to suggestions. What other words do you suggest we use to describe
this behaviour?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 05:42:47 pm by somena »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2005, 10:54:29 am »

Once again, this discussion has degenerated to a point where I do not think it serves a useful purpose. I would now like to make Corbadex a banned topic on this forum: no advertising for Corbadex, no defenses of Corbadex, no attacks on Corbadex, and no more personal attacks on anyone. People interested in finding out about this company can always visit the various threads which have more than enough information for people to begin their own research. The alternative to making this a banned topic would be to enforce strictly the guidelines of this forum, which would require banning people who engage in flaming. I'd rather ban this topic than start banning people who can make otherwise constructive contributions.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up