Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why was the Career Ops Thread Locked?  (Read 33170 times)

somena

• I'm a llama!
    • L.Neil Smith's Response to Mike Lorrey
Re: Corbadex/800 Serve Em check-bouncing/ background checks
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2005, 06:19:37 pm »

Dada Orwell put something in the members only section, and on NHunderground.com, but I think it belongs here too.

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5d7cb664abbb00ed3da9148fdbdaa58f&topic=515.0
800-Serve-em, a company that employs several Free Staters at a branch in Manchester, has a "bouncing check" problem, and the parent company is (at least in my case) failing to make it right.   They hired me to server papers twice for them a couple months ago; the first time I got paid no problem; the second time I received a check for 50 dollars (which was actually more than I'd been promised), but it bounced.   I contacted the person in charge at their HQ in Florida - Robert. He said that they were having some kind of problem with an account switch or something and asked me to fax him a copy of the bounced check.  I did this but didn't recieve a new check.  I called again a few weeks later, talked to Robert again, who was not impolite but seemed not to remember me very well.  He asked me to fax the copy of the check again and I declined, saying that it is becoming more trouble than it's worth and that I would like to be payed Feb. 21.   I have been out of town the last few weeks and was and thus unable to check my mail.  The person who checked it for me last week indicated they couldn't find any check there from Corbadex or 800 Serve Em.  I called again and left Robert another message asking him to call me by Feb. 26th and let me know where things stood.   If he's called, he hasn't left any messages.  Certainly by now I feel I have put in enough time and effort on this issue for it to be worth at least 50 dollars! 

If Dada Orwell is reading... I really feel badly for him. We did warn people months and months ago - not to do ANY work for Robert Gibson, without getting paid in advance. Maybe I should further explain... wait until your check clears before burning a calorie of effort in work for him.

I'm really glad it was only $50.00 and not the thousands that we were scammed out of.

We knew that this was going to happen to people - sooner or later.
And the way that Robert just nonchalently ignores his creditors, even the ones like Dada Orwell only owed small amounts- should give some people pause.

What he is describing happening to him as a process server - is EXACTLY what we witnessed happening to dozens of process servers and translators in the 7 weeks we were there.

Robert would shuck and jive them - come up with excuses like the bank account for the company needing to be switched to another bank.... just to delay delay delay until he could come up with a way to pay the owed debt... OR he'd determined that he didn't need to pay certain creditors in which case he just ignored them... never took their calls - never called back.

(Ask him why his bank account needed to be switched - and it's probably got something to do with all the rubber checks he writes)

Dada, you could call the bank in question and ask them if Mr.Gibson's company actually did switch banks - or what the story was with the bounced check. Definatley alert them to the problem.

"Libertarianism is about personal responsibilty, which means you pay your
 debts, no welshing, no defaulting, no bankruptcy. " - Mike Lorrey stated
this on September 13, 2003 - ON THIS VERY FORUM
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:37:21 pm by somena »
"Libertarianism is about personal responsibilty, which means you pay your debts, no welshing, no defaulting, no bankruptcy. " - Mike Lorrey stated this on September 13, 2003

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2005, 06:32:35 pm »

I hear this company has also been doing illegal background checks on people using the Accurint system, in violation of The Financial Modernization Act of 1999, also known as the “Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act” or GLB Act, and the Drivers Privacy Protection Act. The branch manager of corbadex, lets call him "Mike", even posted that he did a background check on me to this forum, along with some of the information he obtained.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=7780.msg120404#msg120404 (comment is now gone, I believe)

As for the Grafton Fisher, my background check on him shows that he has NEVER been a resident of Grafton. He is and was a Manchester resident. Typical Democrat liar.

Correction: I had assumed that Neil Patel, who is listed at the bottom of the savegrafton.org page, was 'grafton fisher'. Neil is a resident of Manchester. It appears that John Richard, who moved to Grafton from Nashua in February, is 'grafton fisher', or at least his public face....

I wonder why "Mike" would do an illegal background check on me. Did he do it for himself, the LPNH, NHLA, or the FSP? Who did he share the info with? He posted some of the info on this site right after he said he did the background check....and it is still posted on the site:

Wow, Fisher, how did you know that? Is that because you are the "Grafton Fisher" who lived on Spit Brook Road up until a month before the lynching in Grafton? Who is originally from Connnecticut? Who founded the "Save Grafton" website?

It doesn't matter if the message where mike posted the personal information obtained about you from Accurint has been erased. I have a screen-capture of it, as well as having taking the precaution of printing off a hard copy of it.

He's not going to get away with attempting to just erase away the evidence of his illegal attempt to stalk and harrass people.

It may not be illegal in NH to do what he did - but it most certainly is a crime in Florida to access this information (without permission from the person he was doing a search on) and then post this illegally obtained information on this message board in a clear attempt to intimidate and harrass "Fischer"

I would strongly urge Fischer to contact the West Palm Beach police department about what he discovered from Accurint about Corbadex's illegal and privacy invasive "background check" on him.

He might also want to contact the PI liscencing people in Florida to report Gibson's activities - or that of his employees abusing the Accurint system.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:37:41 pm by somena »
"Libertarianism is about personal responsibilty, which means you pay your debts, no welshing, no defaulting, no bankruptcy. " - Mike Lorrey stated this on September 13, 2003

swimminghedgehog

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2005, 06:56:57 pm »

It doesn't matter if the message where mike posted the personal information obtained about you from Accurint has been erased. I have a screen-capture of it, as well as having taking the precaution of printing off a hard copy of it.

you do not seriously think your "screen-capture" will actually go anywhere? have you heard of digital editing?

I myself have become very good at this- its really not that hard............

why did you take a screenshot(thats the proper term)? why would you think to take one?

pop quiz from the PC geek:
1: on a standard PC keyboard, what key do you hit to take a screenshot?
2: once you take a screenshot, how do you save it?
3: is it possible to hack into someones email account and fool with it and have you know who did it and what they did?

answer these questions, and well see how many you got right.

swimminghedgehog

Re: Why was the Career Ops Thread Locked?
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2005, 07:20:48 pm »

also- do you have any regrets about your posts on the other forums? they basically said that you were opposed to freedom. Is this true?

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2005, 07:29:01 pm »

also- do you have any regrets about your posts on the other forums? they basically said that you were opposed to freedom. Is this true?

Since I don't know who you are - and I don't know what threads on which other forums you are talking about --- I am going to have to say - I don't know what the hell you are talking about, and I doubt that you do either.

As for whether or not the screen-captures would be acceptable evidence. Let's leave that up to the police and the courts - shall we?

No offence, sonny - but your 14 year old wanna-be hacker d00d  legal opinions about what is or is not inadmissable evidence in a court of law, is really irrelevant.

Thanks for playing - have an ice day

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:38:01 pm by somena »

swimminghedgehog

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2005, 07:54:30 pm »

uh- you didnt exactly answer any of my questions-

1- you didnt say wether or not you're opposed to freedom.
2- you didn't verify wether or not you actually know how to take a screenshot(you also demonstrated how little you know about computers in general. if you want me to point out how, let me know)

comments:
1- you pretty much lost any support from me or any other teens i know by implying that youi have think kids should be brushed off as "stupid". i beleive someone once said "beware the power of stupid ppl in large groups". you just dug your own grave- so if i were you, i would run like heck. however, im not you, so i can be content with dancing on your grave.
2- you refuse to consider the fact that if a someone whos 14 can easily make good screenshots without touching the keyboard, it certainly should be easier for someone who calls themself an "adult" to do it, right?
3- I have no intention of letting ppl like you terrorize our state. beware of hedgehog (z).

to everyone else who is reading this- keep NH free of annoying ppl. if your nice, you will be treated as such. if you aren't, get out of my lane.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 07:58:12 pm by swimminghedgehog »

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2005, 08:07:30 pm »

uh- you didnt exactly answer any of my questions-

1- you didnt say wether or not you're opposed to freedom.
2- you didn't verify wether or not you actually know how to take a screenshot(you also demonstrated how little you know about computers in general. if you want me to point out how, let me know)

comments:
1- you pretty much lost any support from me or any other teens i know by implying that youi have think kids should be brushed off as "stupid". i beleive someone once said "beware the power of stupid ppl in large groups". you just dug your own grave- so if i were you, i would run like heck. however, im not you, so i can be content with dancing on your grave.
2- you refuse to consider the fact that if a someone whos 14 can easily make good screenshots without touching the keyboard, it certainly should be easier for someone who calls themself an "adult" to do it, right?
3- I have no intention of letting ppl like you terrorize our state. beware of hedgehog (z).

to everyone else who is reading this- keep NH free of annoying ppl. if your nice, you will be treated as such. if you aren't, get out of my lane.

Your questions are irrelevant. (signed up for the FSP today did we?)
Your threats (in contradiction to the libertarian Non-Aggression principles) are duly noted.
Your IP is logged.

I really and truly hope you don't keep this up.
It's not helping you, or anybody else and all you are doing is
suceeding in promoting yourself as a sick little chest-thumping thug.

And that's not fun for me - when you take all the work out of discrediting
yourself.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:38:19 pm by somena »

CharlesChampion

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2005, 08:53:30 pm »

Hedgehog,

My name is Charles Champion and the person signed on with the screen name "Somena" is my wife.  I don't know why you think your postings have anything to do with the topic of this thread, but I'd appreciate it if you'd back off and not keep pushing this towards a flame war over nothing.

>uh- you didnt exactly answer any of my questions-

You mean your "Pop Quiz"?  You're not our teacher.  Trying to give a pop quiz to my wife was pretty insulting, actually.

>1- you didnt say wether or not you're opposed to freedom.

If you read the previous postings on this thread and the previous related threads, you might have some idea of how insulting that question is.  I'll answer it, though.  Of course my wife is not opposed to freedom and neither am I.  Don't ask for proof, I have better things to do than recite my life history for you and I don't care much whether you believe me.

>2- you didn't verify wether or not you actually know how to take a screenshot(you also demonstrated how
>little you know about computers in general. if you want me to point out how, let me know)

You seem awfully proud of your computer know-how.  Good for you.  But we don't care and I doubt anyone who came to this thread to find out whether or not Robert Gibson is really a crook or not cares who knows how to do a screen capture or whether it should really be called a screen shot.  Drop the subject, it's irrelevant and off topic.  My wife and I have both worked as computer programmers professionally in the past, by the way, so your insinuations that we don't know much about computers are laughable.

As for your latest comments:

>comments:
>1- you pretty much lost any support from me or any other teens i know by implying that youi have think
> kids should be brushed off as "stupid". i beleive someone once said "beware the power of stupid ppl in
> large groups". you just dug your own grave- so if i were you, i would run like heck. however, im not you,
> so i can be content with dancing on your grave.

We "lost support" from you and your friends?  What support?  My wife and I are not running for office and we're not planning to move to New Hampshire any time soon, if ever.  I have no idea what sort of support you think we want or care about.  As for all the grave comments, it's not at all clear what the Hell you mean by that.  Do you equate losing this debate you're so all fired up to have about computer expertise with being in the grave?  In that case you are mistaken to think we care.  Why should we?  Or do you mean it literally as a physical threat when you say you will be "content with dancing on your grave"?  If so, then come out and say it openly like a man.  But you'd be better off to wait until you are a man and not a boy.  Maybe by then you'll have better judgment.

>2- you refuse to consider the fact that if a someone whos 14 can easily make good screenshots without
>touching the keyboard, it certainly should be easier for someone who calls themself an "adult" to do it,
> right?

Why should I consider that?  Why should I take any more time away from running my business to respond to you at all?

>3- I have no intention of letting ppl like you terrorize our state. beware of hedgehog (z).
>

My wife and I have done absolutely nothing that could possibly be construed as "terrorizing your state" or any state.  Do you think we are the leaders or spokespeople for the Free State Project?  We canceled our plans to move to New Hampshire as a result of the debacle described in this and related threads.

>to everyone else who is reading this- keep NH free of annoying ppl. if your nice, you will be treated as
>such. if you aren't, get out of my lane.

Get out of your lane?  You're not old enough to drive.  "Beware of hedgehog"?  Is that some sort of juvenile threat?  That comment about whether you will treat us "nice" or not also starts to sound like a threat.  What exactly do you propose to do to us if we don't do what you say or if you find us "annoying"?  Who do you think you are?  And who are you by the way?  So far you sound like a little kid who is butting in on a grown up conversation and doesn't know what's going on.  (Either that or you are really Mike Lorrey stooping really low to try to argue some more when it is now completely obvious that Robert Gibson is a crooked deadbeat like we said all along.)

We have been through a terrible experience where we were defrauded of thousands of dollars, drained of financial resources, asked to live in hotels for weeks and weeks because of constantly changing and uncertain plans by the company that we were doing work for and finally ended up just about totally broke and homeless.

That and related events have been the primary topic on this thread and the related threads.  It has been a very difficult experience.  We're not the only ones.  Lots of people have lost thousands of dollars.  One man lost over half a million dollars.  There are ongoing lawsuits about this.  If you don't have anything to say about that, why don't you go practice "screen shots" or whatever you want to do and stop posting here on trivial matters.

Charles

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2005, 04:39:58 am »

This is all bizarre, and very interesting.  Perhaps I'll take a screen cap!   ::) ::)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Top Dollar

• I took the red pill.
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2005, 05:01:23 am »

This is all bizarre, and very interesting.  Perhaps I'll take a screen cap!   ::) ::)

In Explorer, you can save favorite as available offline or file/save as/select .mht web archive file option.
Hey, Wow!  Your planet is bright!

U.S. Constitution Text:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.text.html
U.S. Founding Documents:  http://www.constitution.org/cs_found.htm

pudgybuddha

Re: Why was the Career Ops Thread Locked?/SLAM on Robert Gibson
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2005, 04:58:56 pm »

My name is Robert Dayton.

I'm rather suprised to see Robert Gibson getting slammed in this forum.  I have spoken with people who have done business with him and serve-em.com and they have always gotten their bills paid. I have never served papers for that company, but we were seeing if we could work together on some web-based technologies once. Robert and Pat struck me as good people with integrity and personally I like them.  They've never lied to me or anyone I know.

"I would strongly urge Fischer to contact the West Palm Beach police department about what he discovered from Accurint about Corbadex's illegal and privacy invasive "background check" on him."

Now before you go huffing and puffing about Accurint and private information, I'd like to remind you that accurint is only providing public information. This public information can easily be obtained elsewhere. It is not 'illegal' to get it. If you don't like this, then show up and vote and have them pass different laws. Right now almost everything is free for the taking - and you don't need permissable purpose to get most of it.

"He might also want to contact the PI liscencing people in Florida to report Gibson's activities - or that of his employees abusing the Accurint system'"

Unless Robert Gibson is selling that information to third parties or receiving other consideration, then that instance is not regulated under Chapter 493,  Florida Statutes (The PI licensing people). see chapter 493.6101(16).

I'm pretty sure that a person can legally perform their own investigation to satisfy their own personal curiosities. They just can't sell it.  You could accurint me and splatter it all over the internet and there's nothing I could do about it. Welcome to the information age. Information is not a crime.

Rob

ROBERT ANDREW DAYTON
1104 NORTH AVE 
TAVARES, FL 32778-2922

SSN - xxx-xx-xxxx (Removed after i chickened out)
Age - 34
DOB - 01/18/1971
Dates - May 01 - Jul 03

Look at that, its my accurint! Oh man! Old address, though. --Well, my address is out there, just punch my stuff into google. Who can post this about me and be considered to be harassing me or stalking me with my own identity?

No-one.

Get used to people knowing where you are and when you were born. Stop trying to hide yourself. I like to think that we live in a society where everyone in possession of a date of birth and an ssn is not an identity thief or stalker. Those are no longer good businesses to be in. These identity thieves and stalkers are getting caught left and right.

Don't live in fear, man.

Rob

« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:45:56 pm by pudgybuddha »

somena

• I'm a llama!
Re: Why was the Career Ops Thread Locked?/SLAM on Robert Gibson
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2005, 05:34:12 pm »

Robert Dayton wrote

"I'm rather suprised to see Robert Gibson getting slammed in this forum.  I have spoken with people who have done business with him and serve-em.com and they have always gotten their bills paid. I have never served papers for that company, but we were seeing if we could work together on some web-based technologies once. Robert and Pat struck me as good people with integrity and personally I like them.  They've never lied to me or anyone I know."

Robert,

You do know that "Serve-em.com" is no longer in business don't you?
Serve-em.com went into bankruptcy. I know that Gibson goes out of his
way to confuse the Serve-em.com with 1-800 Serve-em -- but they
are two different companies.. (see more on bankruptcy's below)

I am glad that you have had good experiences with Robert Gibson.
My husband and I, and a friend of ours here in Florida - were defrauded
out of a total of $7000 - + a few thousand more in wages and consultant
fees.

I worked in his office. I answered the phones. I can assure you that there
are more than a few process servers who Gibson stiffed... (one of them
I understand has complained to NAPPS -- but since Gibson and Crowe are
quite chummy -- I doubt anything is going to be done about it)

In addition to the process servers - there are over 12 translators who Gibson
stiffed out of thousands of dollars - for their work in International service in
translating documents. Those translators are suing him. The lead in that
is Kathy Stock who posted on the previous thread.

Gibson seems pretty apt at keeping his nose clean here in Florida in the PS
community. I think he's cautious about pissing off people so close to home.
He was going good up in NH, where I suspect he was trying to attach
himself to the FSP in order to con some more people out of "investment".
However - he seems to have screwed up the "clean image" that his employer
Mike Lorrey has presented -  by stiffing a well known porcupine out of $50.00
and then neglecting to call back, or deal with it. (That's pretty much how he
handles finances btw- when he has screwed people over... he just ignores
their attempts to collect, and refuses to take their calls -- and has his staff
run interfferance for him)

In any event -- it doesn't surprise me that you have a good impression.
He is very good at cultivating the image of "independently wealthy businessman"
It's a farce. He and his businesses have wracked up over half a million dollars
in debts - which he is now attempting to use Bankruptcy to get out of.
(Not in an honest way either.. one of the largest creditors for his failed businesses
is convinced that his switch off from Serve-em.com is a fraudulent conveyance)

Thanks for your input.
My understanding in talking with Fisher is that Accurint has indeed cancelled
Gibson's account with them, because they did not appreciate the activities
being conducted on it - with respect to Fisher.

I could be mistaken about that -- but that's what Fisher told me.

Note to Moderators. I see that Fisher's comments have been erased.
Was that Fisher or a Moderator that pulled the comments.

At this point -because the comments are gone - the context of this
discussion seems to be missing.

Best Regards

PS -- When you were discussing web-based technology etc - with Gibson... was
the hook in the deal that he wanted you to invest money?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't do that - without carefully reviewing his
bankruptcy records. They are available thru the courts.

There are way too many people - who have given Gibson the benefit of
a doubt, and ended up losing thousands upon thousands of dollars.
(Both the personal bankruptcy and the business bankruptcy proceedings)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:38:46 pm by somena »

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2005, 05:39:11 pm »

On more thing Robert,

As for "always getting their bills paid" -- next time you are in Palm Beach,
if this really matters to you, or means anything -- Head on over to the
building that Gibson's office used to occupy-- On Royal Palm Way.
Ask the landlord/managers of that building about Gibson's history with
"paying on time".

He's been evicted from so many places in the palm beach area, that
Dan (his tech guy) actually had a potential landlord slam the door in
his face, when he mentioned Gibsons name when he was apartment hunting
a couple of years ago.

I could also put you in touch with a process server in West Palm Beach
who has had dealings with Gibson --- and "wouldn't touch a paper from
that guy with a 10 foot pole". My understanding is that One of Gibson's
friends/employees (still working for him too) --- stole this woman's car -
and then attempted to re-sell it on the street for $50.00 worth of
crack/cocaine. She's taken him to court on that and another matter where
he had ripped her off. I know it's not Gibson -- just one of his employees...
But one can be be judged by the company that one keeps.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:39:11 pm by somena »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2005, 05:44:56 pm »

But one can be be judged by the company that one keeps.

That isn't very fair.

somena

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2005, 05:52:09 pm »

Dreepa,

I admit.. That probably isn't very fair.
I know the employee in question... he seemed like a pretty nice
guy to me. But then -- I didn't know about his behaviour
in relation to this poor woman and her car, and so on at the time.

Ok.. it's not fair -- and I should probably remove my comments
about his employee.

But -- one of the things that actually reallly was the turning
point for my husband and I with Gibson..after giving him
the benefit of a doubt.. over and over and over...
Was that he put a guy on the board of directors for his
company - that bragged to my husband about his association
with Myer Lansky -- the famous gangster.

That was pretty appalling... Either that Gibson's friends and
business associate made up self-aggradizing little stories about
being connected with gangster -- or that he was in fact connected.
Either way -- it definatley gave us pause for thought.
Both in his friend, and in Gibsons ethics and judgement.

Guilt by association is not generally fair---
But then again --
It's also not fair that my husband and I, and Rick Sheppard, were
conned out of thousands of dollars.

Life isn't fair...
Since Gibson is an expert at keeping himself judgement proof -- so
suing him would be an expensive waste of time... my little warnings
here to others is about the only justice I will ever see on this matter.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 03:39:33 pm by somena »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

anything