Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FBI Agents Unhappy that Gun Owner Contacted Media  (Read 4195 times)

Dex Sinister

• Where are we going & why are we in this handbasket
FBI Agents Unhappy that Gun Owner Contacted Media
« on: November 06, 2002, 10:41:06 pm »

Full Story:
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200211/CUL20021105a.html

Jeff Brown of Gaithersburg, Md., was "a little nervous" when he heard the voicemail message from an FBI agent on the sniper task force who wanted to "visit" Brown at his home to check a .223 caliber semi-automatic rifle Brown purchased in 1993.

[...]

So, when FBI Special Agent Greg Metzger and his partner arrived at Brown's home for their scheduled meeting, they were greeted by Brown and his wife, Mary, along with reporters and photographers from various media outlets.

As Brown described the situation, the agents were "a little bit miffed."
"[Thus,] there is no end to observations on the difference between the measures likely to be pursued by a minister backed by a standing army, and those of a court awed by the fear of an armed people.'"

--Aristotle.

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
Re:FBI Agents Unhappy that Gun Owner Contacted Media
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 11:01:45 am »

I can assure you I would have done something similar.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 11:03:25 am »

I can assure you I would have done something similar.

I'd like to see a poll on whether or not posters should continue to use acronyms like PTB and ROTFLOL. I am sick of having to learn new acronyms.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

maestro

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 12:46:14 pm »

The above is the worlds smallest violin, playing for the FBI.

Jim1

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 08:45:47 pm »

Does anyone know if agents had search warrants for these random searches?

When I told a coworker that I would not let anyone randomly search my car, he actually got mad. I explained that the police would not have been helping anyone; whereas, I would have been helping all Americans -- possibly at some personal cost to myself. He didn't get it at all.

Dex Sinister

• Where are we going & why are we in this handbasket
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 01:10:00 am »

Does anyone know if agents had search warrants for these random searches?

From what I've been able to glean, they were mostly attempting to intimidate people into complying by being agressive and abusive.

When I told a coworker that I would not let anyone randomly search my car, he actually got mad. I explained that the police would not have been helping anyone; whereas, I would have been helping all Americans -- possibly at some personal cost to myself. He didn't get it at all.

It's amazing, isn't it - people have no conception of privacy anymore.

Dex
"[Thus,] there is no end to observations on the difference between the measures likely to be pursued by a minister backed by a standing army, and those of a court awed by the fear of an armed people.'"

--Aristotle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up