Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NH residents sign-up page  (Read 26161 times)

Amanda

• former FSP President
NH residents sign-up page
« on: July 16, 2004, 02:39:34 pm »

I have been away for awhile because of my back-to-back trips to the PorcFest and then Rand Camp. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the PorcFest, and I extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped make it a success. It was also nice to meet everyone who visited from far away. It is great to be back home, and we have lots of exciting things that I'll be announcing over the next few days! First, our NH Pioneers sign-up page...

At long last, we now offer a place for our friends and supporters in NH to sign up as Pioneers. A New Hampshire Free State Pioneer is someone who already lives in New Hampshire and supports the Free State Project. Anyone who would like to sign up as a NH Pioneer may do so here: https://secure.freestateproject.org/joinPioneer.jsp

Also, I'd like to encourage all NH Pioneers to write a welcome message for our new "Welcome from NH Residents" page: http://freestateproject.org/about/endorsements/#welcome For now, you can send those welcome messages to Tim C at tcondon@freestateproject.org

So we now have three categories of folks:

Participants = people who have pledged to move to the Free State according to the Statement of Intent & Participation Guidelines (counted toward the 20,000)

Friends = people who can't commit to moving to New Hampshire but support the Free State Project (not counted toward the 20,000)

Pioneers = people who already live in New Hampshire and support the Free State Project (not counted toward the 20,000)

As you're spreading the word to potential Participants, please also spread the word about our Friends and Pioneers options. Thanks!
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re:NH residents sign-up page
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 10:43:37 pm »

Would it be accurate to say that all 3 are considered Porcupines?
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 10:47:10 pm »

Would it be accurate to say that all 3 are considered Porcupines?

It's my personal opinion that only Participants are Porcupines, technically. But I'm pretty sure there are other officers who disagree with this opinion.

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 12:07:03 am »

Does anyone else find it strange that a group of migrants is going to call a group of natives, who aren't going anywhere, "Pioneers"?  Perhaps we should call ourselves "Autochthony".
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 02:48:53 am »

Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't the only difference between a Friend and a Pioneer where they live; outside NH vs. inside, respectively?
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 07:36:20 am »

I live in NH and wanted to be a Member, but could only be a Friend. Am I really a Pioneer?

svillee

• Friend of the FSP
  • I favor a constitutional plutocracy.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 07:55:45 am »

I moved from New York to Berlin, NH last December.  I am not an FSP member because I am not an activist.  But I consider myself a friend of the FSP, and will do what I can to help recruit people to move.

So I technically fall into the FSP category "pioneer".  Neither of the English words "autochthony" nor "pioneer" really fits, but "pioneer" is the closer of the two.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 08:23:38 am »

Wouldn't it be useful, (as a sign of public support), to list, somewhere, the total number of Friends and Pioneers? Some fence-sitters might wonder about the Total support for the FSP.

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 11:36:19 am »

Wouldn't it be useful, (as a sign of public support), to list, somewhere, the total number of Friends and Pioneers? Some fence-sitters might wonder about the Total support for the FSP.

Great suggestion. I'll look into adding this to the stats page: http://freestateproject.org/about/membership.php

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 11:37:22 am »

Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't the only difference between a Friend and a Pioneer where they live; outside NH vs. inside, respectively?

Yes, but the different term is intended to recognize the special role that our supporters inside New Hampshire have.

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 11:38:53 am »

I live in NH and wanted to be a Member, but could only be a Friend. Am I really a Pioneer?

If I recall correctly, the consensus was that NH residents can decide for themselves which title they prefer.

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 04:38:34 pm »

I hope the New Hampshire residents all realize they are as important as any FSPers we get.  It was just because the intent of the FSP was to increase the percent of pro-liberty activity, so it's not fair to count those already there towards the goal of getting 20K to move but we love our supports in N.H. :) :) :)

Nothing better than seeing some N.H. residents happy to have FSPers coming.  My thanks to the people in N.H. that have been working hard to keep it the "Live Free or Die" state.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 04:52:20 pm »

Hey Steve...Can only speak for me, but hey look arround?  The folks  in NH have done a pretty good job of resisting the crap arround them!  For say a couple hundred years or so?

Again, can only speak for me, but what I have found is that they are most happy to see us comming by to help them!

Can only say...Ask the folks who have landed...what they think...and am certain they share my thoughts!
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Michael Edelstein

• Friend of the FSP
  • "Liberty means freedom from government"--von Mises
    • Three Minute Therapy: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2004, 11:36:41 pm »

Participants = people who have pledged to move to the Free State according to the Statement of Intent & Participation Guidelines (counted toward the 20,000)

IOW, the label "Member" will be replaced by "Participant."
Is that right?

Would it not be simpler and reduce transaction costs to keep the term "Member"? Will "FSP Member" be changed to "FSP Participant" under everyone's name on the Message Board?  
Michael R. Edelstein
San Francisco
(415) 673-2848
DrEdelstein@ThreeMinuteTherapy.com
www.ThreeMinuteTherapy.com

"Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice"
--William Lloyd Garrison

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2004, 11:53:09 pm »

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up