Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syrian Air Space  (Read 3547 times)

MouseBorg

Syrian Air Space
« on: November 04, 2002, 11:57:02 am »

_
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 10:17:33 pm by MouseBorg »
The penetrating brilliance of swords
Wielded by followers of the Way
Strikes at the evil enemy
Lurking deep within
Their own souls and bodies.

-- O' Sensei (Morihei Ueshiba)

maestro

Re:Syrian Air Space
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 01:32:29 pm »

I can't seem to find this on the website (too early?).  

It seems to me this is probably just an issue of our no-fly zone enforcement planes skirting the border of iraq and syria too closely, and straying across.  Either that or our spy planes attempting to get as much info as possible without entering their territory, but straying across.  If you're flying close enough to the border, it would take a very small error to skirt the edge of their airspace.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.  A short apology and it will all be forgotten.

maestro

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 04:21:43 pm »

hmm.  they must have decided it wasn't important.  I can't find it on their site even now :)

maestro

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 05:40:56 pm »

BTW, can you send any other references to "spiked" news?  (and can you explain the origin of that term?)  I'm curious to see what kinds of things you are talking about.  I tend to be skeptical about the suggestion that the news agencies hide things like this, but you've shown that I should occasionally temper my skepticism. :)

maestro

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 07:12:56 pm »

So you're suggesting that a Fox executive spiked these stories after they wer published?  I was under the impression you were referring to government censorship.

Robert H.

• Jeffersonian
    • Devolution USA
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 02:58:10 am »

Silliness aside, what if it was in fact a genuine accident? Not likely, but geez, now thats seriously spooky. That would mean we have folks floating around up there (no doubt wearing some rather nasty live ordnance) with absolutely no clue where the hell they are.

There's a bunch of dead Canadians and Afghan wedding guests who would probably agree with that statement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up