Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3594 times)

KB1JEC

• I'm a llama!
Hello
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:14:49 pm »

I'm fairly new here.  Just found the FSP site last weekend and have been reading the forums since.  My name is Doug, I am 15 years old and am located in Seekonk, Massachusetts.  I'm planning on joining when I am 18 and moving to NH during/after college depending on whether I can or can't find a program that suites my needs in NH.  I'm also an active investor.

I support the movement for a free state and look forward to being part of that.

Doug

adonis79

• FSP Participant
  • TheFlowerOf SafetyLiesWithin ThePerilousThorns
Re:Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 11:17:54 pm »

Good to have you and welcome!  I am one of the young ones in here and it is always good to see others ready to tackle todays problems  ;D  You should check out the FSP group meetings in Mass. I am sure they would love to have you.

Ryan
I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
And my heart bled within me; for you can only be free when even the desire of freedom becomes a harness to you,  and when you cease to speak of freedom as a goal and a fulfillment.
Kahlil Gibran

j_freeman

• FSP Participant
  • Disagreeably Disagreeable
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 12:05:17 am »

Hi Doug! Welcome to the forums...

Are you a member yet? Get to joinin' if you're not; you wouldn't have to do anything for another 7 years (2 years until we reach 20K, then another 5 after that to move). :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:05:57 am by j_freeman »
Prohibition worked in the '20s, too.

KB1JEC

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 06:18:04 pm »

"We also ask that you be at least 18 years of age to sign the Statement of Intent."

The statement of intent is just that, a statement of intent.  It is not a legal contract stating that you must move to NH within a specified time frame.  By signing you only agree that you intend to move to NH.  Thus, I don't have a problem joining.  Although I do intend to move to NH, many things can happen over the next 7 years.

Anyone else here joined who is under 18?  Will FSP remove your 'membership' if this is discovered?  I understand that by signing under the age of 18 you cannot legally be held to the contract, but how can one be legally held to their INTENT to do something?  I would like to get in before the project ends (the people-gathering portion).

Thanks,
Doug

j_freeman

• FSP Participant
  • Disagreeably Disagreeable
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 09:38:49 am »

Whoops, dunno what I was thinking. :D Don't sign up yet if you're not 18. Just don't change your mind... ;)
Prohibition worked in the '20s, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up