Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concern about Balance  (Read 4227 times)

afields9

• I'm a llama!
Concern about Balance
« on: October 04, 2002, 02:18:46 pm »

I am the daughter of a "constitutionalist" and really don't know too much about the liberitarian party but think in general I agree.  I think this idea is brilliant, BUT... (isn't there always a "but")

I am a little concerned that in general this project will attract mostly radicals and severe Christian right-wingers....

Now don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and am all about LIBERTY.  But I have to tell you I am pretty middle of the road.. on some things...
FOR GUNS
FOR CHOICE (ABORTION ETC>>>>)
NOT SURE ABOUT the death penalty

I just don't want to live in a community of "Unibombers" or "Michigan Militia"   or even "WACO's"

I want to know that I am not going to live with a bunch of white supremicists, etc...

I am anti public school but won't home school my kids
Feedback?

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
Re:Concern about Balance
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 02:43:51 pm »

I am the daughter of a "constitutionalist" and really don't know too much about the liberitarian party but think in general I agree.  
Welcome. http://www.lp.org/ may help on the libertarianism.

I am a little concerned that in general this project will attract mostly radicals and severe Christian right-wingers.....  
Some here are Christian and some are not. Because we want real freedom, most have been called radical. We wish only to live in peace with a minimum of government interference.

http://www.freestateproject.org/faqs.htm will answer many of your questions/concerns.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2002, 03:07:03 pm by stumpy »
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 07:12:04 pm »

Hey Joe,

I said;
Some here are Christian and some are not. Because we want real freedom, most have been called radical. We wish only to live in peace with a minimum of government interference.

Then you said;
Some here are Atheists and some are not. Because we want real freedom, most have been called radical. We wish only to live in peace with a minimum of government interference.

Don’t tell me we are starting to think alike. :o
« Last Edit: October 04, 2002, 07:39:02 pm by stumpy »
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 02:52:23 pm »

Hey Joe,

I said;

Then you said;
Some here are Atheists and some are not. Because we want real freedom, most have been called radical. We wish only to live in peace with a minimum of government interference.

Don’t tell me we are starting to think alike. :o

LOL.

Oh no! The horror!

Welcome afields9!

Check us out, explore our charter and other documents, read the message boards (but know the posts are by a small minority) and generally evaluate us for a bit.  

Once you get a feel for us then join us if you wish.

Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

5pectre

• FSP Participant
  • terrorism is the symptom not the disease -1.5/-7.7
    • home
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2002, 09:48:47 pm »

I was middle of the fence on guns until i read about the spanish civil war. I would encourage you to do the same "homage to catalonia" by george orwell is a great starter and there are many online resources. Essentially the people who wanted a democratic republic lost the war largely because of a lack of weapons compared to the fascist forces of general franco. It really hit home to me that guns are necessary in case government goes bad.

My support on the use of weapons in conflicts between individuals is still waiting to be formulated. However I would generally be anti.
Pages: [1]   Go Up