Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business networking/job fair type thingy  (Read 5294 times)

djentropy

Business networking/job fair type thingy
« on: May 23, 2004, 11:10:46 pm »

7-8    Porcupine Business Networking Event

Who's in charge of this, or is it just a free-for-all talk/mingle session?  The reason I ask is because I'm very excited to meet possible future employers and/or business partners because the one thing I need when we get to NH (ASAP, in my case) is a friggen JOB.  I don't even have one now, and the sooner I have something good lined up, the sooner we'll get our butts to NH.  I'll spare you all my resume and such, but I was wondering who was in charge of this event, if anyone, to see if it's gonna be structured in a way that is the most efficient to those looking and those offering work (well, no one's really gonna be there yet, but you know what I mean), etc....

Thanks!

...broke in 04...

George Reich

• FSP Participant
  • Global Moderator
  • I just *love* it when Hank and Dagny brainstorm!
Re:Business networking/job fair type thingy
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:33:28 pm »

Who's in charge of this, or is it just a free-for-all talk/mingle session?  

Brian Sullivan is in charge of it, and it will be more or less a free-for-all talk/mingle session.  ;)

The reason I ask is because I'm very excited to meet possible future employers and/or business partners because the one thing I need when we get to NH (ASAP, in my case) is a friggen JOB.

The purpose of the event is to give FSP members who are business owners a chance to promote their businesses. It is not a job fair. That's not to say that some of these businesses won't need more employees...

I don't even have one now, and the sooner I have something good lined up, the sooner we'll get our butts to NH.  I'll spare you all my resume and such, but I was wondering who was in charge of this event, if anyone, to see if it's gonna be structured in a way that is the most efficient to those looking and those offering work (well, no one's really gonna be there yet, but you know what I mean), etc....

What we envision is tables around the edges of the room and people moving freely in the middle. Business owners will set up business cards, brochures, samples, etc. describing and promoting their businesses. Attendees will circulate around the room and have a chance to see what is offered. You could certainly introduce yourself to each exhibitor and offer your services.
If everyone were rich there would be no need for government assistance. If everyone were rich all children could attend private schools. If everyone were rich, government would become superfluous. Read the free e-book at this site:

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net

djentropy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 12:13:27 am »

Oh, ok, that sounds fine then.  I'm coming armed with a stack of resumes and a winning smile.  :)

Thanks for the info!

FreeBoB

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:08:25 am »

Thanks George.  Great description of the event!  We have so many entrepreneurial business people that will be attending the Festival and relocating to NH!  This is a great chance to meet each other, form new contacts, friendships and foster new business.  If you offer products or services, if you're looking to meet business owners to introduce yourself as a potential employee, or if you're looking to hire a Porcupine, this will be the place!  

Bring your business cards, brochures, product samples and resumes and let's introduce ourselves.  Anyone from ebay booksellers, carpenters, dressmakers, teachers, financial advisors, IT people, and everyone and anyone...   ;D

If anyone has questions or suggestions, please post them or let me know.

Brian

djentropy

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 01:25:03 am »

I actually wanted to create a swingers scene in NH.  If anyone reads this and knows what I'm talking about, I have about 10 years of event promotion experience and event organizing experience.  This is a bit off the norm, so to speak, but if anywhere in New England is going to have a strong and healthy swingers scene, it's gonna be NH after the FSP get there.  I wouldn't even dream of trying to pull that off here in Mass.

But basically, I need a job/career, that's why I posted (the swingers thing is my dream and may not actually happen until I move to Mexico later in life)  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up