Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hmm, so how easy would it be for me to sign up?  (Read 3859 times)

Deimos

• FSP Participant
Hmm, so how easy would it be for me to sign up?
« on: May 18, 2004, 06:37:32 pm »

I came across this website tonight for reasons other than searching for a free society and it's the kind of society an American friend and I have dreamed and spoken about for hours/days/weeks/months

Of course, the only problem being, I'm British and reside in the UK.
I've looked over visa applications numerous times and the only possible way I could move to the USA legally, would be either Marriage to an American citizen or be employed by a company. (In short)

So with that said, does anyone know how easy, or hard it would be to join the FSP as a Brit?  :-\

Many thanks for reading.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
Re:Hmm, so how easy would it be for me to sign up?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 10:00:42 pm »

I know we have several international members. You'd still have several years after joining to figure out the logistics to get to the US.

I have a friend who lived in Europe for a while by getting a position with an international company, and having them transfer him over there.

Another possibility would be impressing one of the business-owners types in this group... ;)

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 10:05:39 pm »

Worse comes to worse, just get to the Free State, meet some Free Staters, and I'm sure you'd find someone who'd help you stay.... under the radar, if necessary.

Hell, once we get more influence, we'll be able to block extradition by the feds, and open our international borders (someday)..

Regards,
Ian
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

nonluddite

• Caveat Emptor!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 10:41:49 pm »

I came across this website tonight for reasons other than searching for a free society and it's the kind of society an American friend and I have dreamed and spoken about for hours/days/weeks/months

Of course, the only problem being, I'm British and reside in the UK.
I've looked over visa applications numerous times and the only possible way I could move to the USA legally, would be either Marriage to an American citizen or be employed by a company. (In short)

So with that said, does anyone know how easy, or hard it would be to join the FSP as a Brit?  :-\

Many thanks for reading.

I'm not sure of any new restrictions, but nominally going to school here while actively looking for a simpathetic employer should still work.  It isn't as if the UK is on THE list!
"I'm trying to free your mind, but I can only show you the door.  You're the one that has to walk through it."- Morpheous, The Matrix

Deimos

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 02:45:20 am »

Another possibility would be impressing one of the business-owners types in this group... ;)

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines.  :)
I'm hopeful I could possibly fill a position in the free state, something IT related hopefully.
The area I work in and enjoy the most is IT Support.

AnonCastillo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 04:23:41 am »

Good luck to you, I hope you can find a way to stay.
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am
"As I Am" - Dream Theater

Deimos

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 09:53:54 am »

Thanks! Me to :)

Deimos

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 09:55:25 pm »

Thanks for the advice! :)

Does anyone know if it's worth signing up now, or wait till I actually get a job offer?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 10:02:13 pm by Deimos »

adonis79

• FSP Participant
  • TheFlowerOf SafetyLiesWithin ThePerilousThorns
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 10:07:44 pm »

I think it is a good idea to sign up now and include yourself in the tally toward 20,000 as I will be doing tonight : )
The solution to your challenge will present itself with further communication and the start of porcs establishing themselves in NH.
I will be opening my business in a few years and although not in your field I would do what i could to help a Euro-pine establish some roots!
Take a plunge toward comitting to the FSP and expect the right thing will come along...it always does.
I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
And my heart bled within me; for you can only be free when even the desire of freedom becomes a harness to you,  and when you cease to speak of freedom as a goal and a fulfillment.
Kahlil Gibran

Deimos

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 10:14:40 pm »

Aye, done

bookish_lass

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 05:16:50 am »

Great, Deimos!  Welcome to the FSP!

Kat

FreeBoB

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 07:34:04 pm »

Deimos -

Welcome!  I like White's suggestion above to start a new Local Group in the UK.  I further suggest that you email our Local Group Coordinator, Keith Murphy and ask him about this possibility if you're interested.  kmurphy@freestateproject.org

I started a new Local Group here in Central New York and we now have an active social and recruiting group of members.  It doesn't take much time and the rewards are great!

Brian

Deimos

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 06:07:50 pm »

Thanks alot for the welcome

At the moment, i'd prefer to actually get an offer of employment and move to the free state BEFORE I start up any group
I wouldn't want to start a group and get a ton of followers and never actually move there.
I am sceptical that anyone will offer me a job, as i've tried so hard over the last 2 years to find someone who'd offer sponsorship etc
But i'm pretty sure that if I did get a job offer and did move (my god, what an awesome dream!), then I could rally up alot of support for people, friends and family in the UK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up