Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One of the best things in NH - Market Square Day 2004 (Portsmouth, NH)  (Read 2546 times)

djentropy

For all of you Free Staters/Porcupines that live a reasonable distance to New Hampshire, I HIGHLY suggest checking out Market Square Day this year.  It's a couple weeks before the Porc Fest, so that definitely takes priority, but if you feel like makin a trip to go to a really cool festival in New Hampshire, Market Square Day is the best!

They close the entire downtown area off from cars, and literally thousands of vendors (big and small) set up on the streets.  An estimated 200,000 - 250,000 people go every year.  In addition to the vendors (all tax-free, of course), there are 3 stages set up with bands and music all day, as well as a couple radio station stages with music.  There is also a 10K road race first thing in the morning, all through Portsmouth.  At night, there are fireworks over the South Mill Pond near the Junior High School (now the Middle School).  It's a LOT of fun, for any age or family.  I grew up in Portsmouth (Class of 1996, wee!) and I went every year growing up, and I've managed to make it up about every other year since I moved to Boston.  For those in New England, NY, NJ, PA, or even further, this is a great way to see New Hampshire for a day!

It's the second Saturday in June every year, which happens to be June 12th this year.  It starts damn early, and is usually over by 5 or 6 in the afternoon, and then the fireworks are when the sun goes down.

I'll be there this year with my fiancee.  If enough people are interested, we could even have an FSP meetup at some point during the day.

Here's more info:
http://www.proportsmouth.org/MarketSquareDay.cfm

Woop!

Blain

• FSP Participant
  • Liberty or Death!
    • Infowars

Interesting, I'll see if I can make it up then.  You wouldn't be willing to organize a FSP carpool, would you?  
The following flash movie sums up values.
http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made an

djentropy

Interesting, I'll see if I can make it up then.  You wouldn't be willing to organize a FSP carpool, would you?  

Well, considering I don't have a car, that might be difficult.  However, this thread could doubly serve as a rideshare/carpool forum.

So anyone who's going, post here and see if you can offer a fellow Porcupine a ride!

cathleeninsc

Don and I have already offered a ride to Matt in NC. I don't know his plans for the 12th, though. I'm still thinking that this wold be a fun Saturday and will try to make it.

Cathleen in SC, soon to be NH!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up