Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burling won't run for Governor  (Read 2111 times)

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
Burling won't run for Governor
« on: May 10, 2004, 07:49:07 pm »

Well, now the top dog in NH democratic politics has announced that he will not run for governor, nor seek re-election.

“It has become clear to me this is not the time to run for governor.”

Hhhmmmm... Hope we played a part in your decision, Peter. :)

Strangely enough, I was on the phone with Keith Murphy, trying to figure out why the NH dems would try to run Burling against Benson, and he had just mentioned that they would be best off to pull Burling from the race just as the breaking news came across the wire.

This only leaves McLaughlin, who, quite frankly, is a placeholder on the ticket.

Check it out

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

nonluddite

• Caveat Emptor!
Re:Burling won't run for Governor
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 09:34:48 pm »

Well, now the top dog in NH democratic politics has announced that he will not run for governor, nor seek re-election.

“It has become clear to me this is not the time to run for governor.”

Hhhmmmm... Hope we played a part in your decision, Peter. :)

Strangely enough, I was on the phone with Keith Murphy, trying to figure out why the NH dems would try to run Burling against Benson, and he had just mentioned that they would be best off to pull Burling from the race just as the breaking news came across the wire.

This only leaves McLaughlin, who, quite frankly, is a placeholder on the ticket.

Check it out

JM

“The property tax can’t continue to be the dominant revenue for this state. We will tear ourselves to pieces if we don’t do something different,” Burling said.

I assume the "we" that he's talking about is the government right?  As an engineer friend of mind says,  "It's not a bug; it's a feature!"
"I'm trying to free your mind, but I can only show you the door.  You're the one that has to walk through it."- Morpheous, The Matrix

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 08:38:41 am »

Sounds to me like Burling is in liquidation mode. He just donated a church he owned in Cornish to the town, which they swapped to a Rockefeller in exchange for funds to build a new police station. Is he moving out of state? Maybe to Vermont? We can wish.

McGlaughlin, having been AG, would likely use the FSP against Benson in the election, calling us a bunch of druggies, hookers, gun runners, among other things, and playing on a mantle of law and order.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 11:56:07 am »

Then that gives us an opportunity to parade a bunch of victims of the war on drugs and prostitution in front of the public (ala the little old lady in the anti-Barr commercial from last year).

McLaughlin wants to play into our hands, it's fine by me.

He has no idea who he's dealing with...  8)

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up