Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving from Utah to NH--want to share driving in return for space in truck?  (Read 1610 times)

cmoquin

Hi.  My husband Charlie recently got a job in northern Mass., and we will be moving our belongings from Salt Lake City to NH in very early August (renting a 25-foot truck and towing my car).  Our second daughter will be born in mid-July and Charlie will be flying out for that and then packing up the truck and driving cross-country.  Given that we'll have a newborn, I'm thinking it will be a pretty miserable trip two weeks after her birth if she and I go in the truck, so we're trying to find someone else to share the driving (I would then fly with the baby). 

Anyone interested?  We should have extra space in the truck for your belongings, and we can ship some boxes separately as needed to make more space.  My husband's company is reimbursing him for moving costs, so unless you had a lot of furniture or a houseful of stuff to move, this could be a chance to get your things to NH essentially for free.  This would probably be a situation best suited to someone who doesn't have a car or for someone who was already planning to have a car transported by a truck carrier (since we'll already be towing my car, we wouldn't be able to tow another one as well).

Let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions.  Charlie has done the cross-country drive several times in the last few years, and we did the big truck/car tow thing four years ago, so he's comfortable driving.  He also has really good endurance and can drive for long periods of time, especially with good company (and a free stater would be ideal company).

Carla Moquin
801-897-8702
cmoquin@moquin.org

cmoquin

Found someone; never mind!

Carla
Pages: [1]   Go Up