Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benson is daring  (Read 2848 times)

Munkis0

Benson is daring
« on: March 19, 2004, 06:18:58 pm »

Our guy Governor Craig Benson is in the news again, this time for exercising his right to free speech! (How dare he?!?)
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2004/03/19/democrats_object_to_governors_st_patricks_day_humor/
He's got balls that's for sure.

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
Re:Benson is daring
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 06:52:21 pm »

Or stupid. One of the two.

Calling a woman a bitch is derogatory. However he has freedom of speach and should be allowed to say it if he wants to.

But you'd think he'd know that it would offend people.

Perhaps he didn't care. Perhaps he wanted to offend people.

Nothing wrong with that!

But, you know the Democrats are going to dredge this up and attack him for it. I mean, we kind of want to keep him in office -- at least for now until we find somebody better with a chance of getting ellected.  He could be respectfull of women and still oppose affirmative action. In fact I oppose affirmative action because I respect women. It encourages unemployment of them.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

Morpheus

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 07:27:46 pm »

A bit stupid of him, perhaps.. but he certainly has the Right to say it.

I'd find this funnier if he were actually a Libertarian, instead of just one of the better Conservatives. But we should try to milk him for all that he has that is of benefit to us, I must agree...

steam 973

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 09:30:21 pm »

It was a roast !!! Damn if we are going to be mortally offended by things like this ,if we cant have a sense of humor we are doomed.
Always wear a thick leather glove when giving a porcupine a hand job.
                                          George Carlin

Morpheus

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 09:39:34 pm »

What do the women here think of this? Offensive or amusing?

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 10:04:07 pm »

I don't think he actually said any of that.  He was showing a movie clip in which that stuff happened.

If I was accused of the the stuff done in movies I enjoyed seeing, it really would be a bitch.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 02:29:54 pm »

Actually, he did say that some of the material he used was from Comedy Central..... I thought it was the Daily Show....

You've GOT to love this guy! :D

But, my impression up here is that it didn't change any one's opinion of him... The R's and Ind's got a chuckle out of it, and the Democrats are up in arms, and no one is listening to them..... :)

JM
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 02:30:24 pm by jgmaynard »
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 02:31:36 pm »

Morpheus,

I can chime in here--I thought it wasn't the funniest gag in the whole world, but that was just because it wasn't brilliantly funny.  Not because I find the word "bitch" offensive.  I'd say I use much more offensive language with DC drivers at least once a week.

People shouldn't be so thin-skinned, and if they are, it's their problem.
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Eddie Willers

• FSP Participant
  • "Neo" Objectivist
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 04:11:44 pm »

Not to pee on the parade here, but, some women ARE bitches! Just like some men are pr*cks.

It is a descriptive term that is frequently accurate. I know several of both sexes that fit their respective desciptions to a "T".

'nuff said.

Eddie 8)
Take care of the means and the End will take care of itself.

kuhllax24

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 10:15:53 pm »

He's in the news now for buying prescription in drugs from Canada over the Internet.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=10&u=/ap/20040331/ap_on_re_us/canadian_drugs_2

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 12:29:04 am »

Benson is not only daring ... he's kewl too 8)
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."
Pages: [1]   Go Up