Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm in!  (Read 2933 times)

John M

I'm in!
« on: March 15, 2004, 01:21:13 pm »

I've joined the Free State Project because I want to see liberty in my lifetime!

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to join because I agree with the basic premise of the project.  I'm convinced that the only way to free myself of excessive taxation and regulation is to band together with other like-minded people and concentrate our efforts toward reducing government in a single (small) state.  New Hampshire seems like the best choice for making that happen.

I look forward to meeting and working with all the members of this group in the coming weeks, months, and years.  This is going to be an interesting journey....

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
Re:I'm in!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 01:39:23 pm »

Welcome!!!

It's great to have you!  :)

Our first goal is bringing more people into the FSP.  Do you know anyone else who would be interested in joining?
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 01:41:59 pm »

Welcome!

Thank you for joining. This will indeed be an interesting journey, difficult at times, but always worthwhile for the liberty that lies ahead.

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 02:18:14 pm »

John M,

I highly recommend trying to get in touch with your closest local group.  My husband and I went to a meeting right after we signed up, and not only was it comforting (as in, "great, they're not lunatics") but it really helped cement our individual commitments to the project.  Online forums are sometimes unpleasant almost by definition--but when you know these folks, it all starts to seem a lot more like sibling rivalry than bitter feuds.  We're actually quite a nice bunch.  ;D

So welcome.  We'll see you in New Hampshire.

Kate
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 03:08:10 pm »

Great to have you with us John!

Online forums are sometimes unpleasant almost by definition--but when you know these folks, it all starts to seem a lot more like sibling rivalry than bitter feuds.  We're actually quite a nice bunch.  

An on-line forum sometimes gets things out that are a bit hard to discuss face to face.  It's great seeing people able to bring the issues out and find what common ground we have.

It's going to be fun in New Hampshire.
Welcome aboard, John :)
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

John M

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 03:15:55 pm »

Thanks, everyone.

Do you know anyone else who would be interested in joining?

I'll be talking with family and friends about it, but most of them seem to be rather apathetic towards politics (like I was until about a year ago).

Thank you for joining. This will indeed be an interesting journey, difficult at times, but always worthwhile for the liberty that lies ahead.

That's how I see it.  A long and difficult journey, but a necessary one.

I highly recommend trying to get in touch with your closest local group.

Thanks for suggestion, Kate.  I'll do that.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 10:37:29 am »

Hi John M,

And welcome aboard!  We have some really super folks in NV, might want to touch base with them.  So thoroughly agree that meeting other porcs is a win-win deal!

Must confess however; they never look like they sound on these forums!! ;D

Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 11:21:15 am »

Welcome!
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

John M

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 03:48:42 pm »

Must confess however; they never look like they sound on these forums!! ;D

Ha!  Kinda like meeting someone you've only talked with on the phone...
Pages: [1]   Go Up