FSP -- General Discussion > General FSP Discussion

Pacific Northwest -- OR, WA

<< < (2/15) > >>

"Hagrid":
So far, I'm aware of at least 4 or 5 people who will be there at the
March 7th FSP lecture in Salem.

If you are interested in meeting other FSPers in Oregon (or even Washington), please show up!

The more the merrier!!!

Daniel McGuire:
Seth, that's Thursday, April 8, not March 7!  :)

For those that won't be in Salem (and for those that will) I'd like to schedule some get-togethers later this month.  We can socialize a bit and plan some recruiting activities.  Here's what I have in mind:

- Sat, April 17, 2:00pm at my house: 2200 NW 151st St, Vancouver WA 98685.  360-573-4647.

- Sun, April 18, 2:00pm in Seattle, location TBA.

Hopefully most will be able to attend one of these (my apologies to those in Medford, Spokane, etc).

Please RSVP if you are able to attend, and for those in the Seattle area, could you suggest/volunteer a place to meet?  A restaurant or bar could work just as well as a home.

Thanks,
Dan
spike@alum.mit.edu

Daniel McGuire:
The lecture at Willamette University is at 7:00 this Thursday, but if you can get there early let's meet for dinner here:

Christos Pizzeria
324 Church St NE
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 371-2892  

I'll be there by 5:00, but I have to leave early to set up.  You can arrive later if you like.  The lecture hall is a few blocks away.  Please RSVP to spike@alum.mit.edu so I know how big a table to get.  In case anything goes wrong, my cell number is 360-909-3044.

See you,
Dan

Daniel McGuire:
Portland and Seattle FSP meetings THIS WEEKEND

Hi everyone,

FSP meetings are coming up this weekend in the Portland area on Saturday the 17th and Seattle on Sunday the 18th, both at 2:00pm.  I'd love to see you at one (or both!) of these.  We'll meet others in the group and plan local recruiting activities.  Please RSVP to spike@alum.mit.edu so we won't start without you.

The Portland area meeting is at my house: 2200 NW 151st St, Vancouver WA 98685  phone: 360-573-4647  Take I-5 to exit 7 (134th St) in Washington.  Go west about three miles.  You will pass three schools in a row.  Turn right at the corner of the third school (Chinook Elementary) onto NW 21st Ave.  After about a half mile, the road curves left and becomes NW 151st St.  We're the first house on the right.  Saturday, April 17, 2:00pm.

The Seattle meeting is at Myrtle Edwards Park, 3130 Alaskan Way W.  My cell number is 360-909-3044.  Take I-5 exit 167 towards Mercer St/Seattle Center.  Keep right at the fork in the ramp.  Turn right onto Fairview Ave N.  Turn left onto Valley St.  Valley becomes Broad.  Turn right onto Alaskan Way, the park is just ahead of you.  There are some picnic tables there, but bring a lawn chair or a blanket since we'll probably sit on the grass.  I'll make a porcupine sign to rally round.  Sunday, April 18, 2:00pm.

See you soon,
Dan

Daniel McGuire:
Porcupines may be interested in the following lecture in Portland on Monday.  You have to RSVP (see below) by Friday, but there is no charge.  Carol and I are going.

Dan

Randy Barnett, J.D.
Boston University law professor and author

Restoring the Lost Constitution: The Presumption of Liberty

Randy Barnett, J.D. will offer remarks about returning to the Constitution those clauses that have been stripped out by the courts, including the "necessary and proper" clause, the "commerce clause," and the Ninth and Tenth Amendments.

Monday, April 19
The University Club
1225 SW Sixth Avenue
Portland, Oregon

5:30pm - Reception (hors d'oeuvres)
6:00pm - Authors remarks, followed by Q&A

RSVP before or on April 16 to events@cascadepolicy.org or (503) 242-0900.

Advance reservations required. There is no charge for the reception. No host bar.

About Randy Barnett, J.D.
A Cato Institute Senior Fellow, Professor Barnett is an expert on constitutional law, criminal law, contract law and drug policy. He is the author of The Structure of Liberty and the editor of The Rights Retained by the People: The History and Meaning of the Ninth Amendment. Barnett lectures internationally and appears frequently on radio and television programs, including The CBS Evening News, The News Hour with Jim Lehrer (PBS), Talk of the Nation (NPR), and even The Ricki Lake Show. Barnett is a former prosecutor in the Office of the State's Attorney, Cook County, Illinois.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version