FSP -- General Discussion > General FSP Discussion

Pacific Northwest -- OR, WA

(1/15) > >>

Rearden:
Group Leader: Daniel Mcguire

Email: spike (at) alum.mit (dot) edu

Email List

Rearden:
The location of the talk about the FSP has been settled.  It is 7pm on Thursday April 8th at

Willamette University College of Law
John C. Paulus Great Hall, room 201
245 Winter St SE,
Salem, Oregon 97301

The room seats 150, so all of your friends, friends-of-friends, and
anyone else is invited. :-)

I plan to say a little about the benefits of freedom, the origins of
Free State Project, what we are doing now and what we are trying to accomplish.  The student organization that invited us is also interested in 2nd amendment rights, so I'll try to look up some information about gun laws in NH and this latest move to implement Alaska Carry.  Anyone know more about that?

I still don't know any place for us to get together for dinner, any
suggestions?  We would probably find a place to have a beer
afterwards as well.

Hope to see you there,
Dan

Daniel McGuire:
I've put the flyer for the April 8 lecture at Willamette University on our group's website.  There are three formats:
HTML, DOC and PDF.  If you live within an hour's drive or so of Salem and want to help, please make some copies and post them around your town.  You might want to post the places you've visited here, to avoid any overlap.

I'm going to do Vancouver and post at the two colleges (WSU & Clark), public libraries and community centers.  Any other suggestions?

Dan

Daniel McGuire:
I regularly hear members say "I want to help, let me know how".  Given the millions of people walking the streets how do we reach 14,400 of them who will be willing to commit?

Well, Andrew Wiegand of the Massachusetts/Rhode Island group has written a "manifesto" with some excellent, concrete suggestions of what we can do now to get the word out.  You can read it here.

What do you think?

Dan

Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey:
Hi!  I'm a 25 year old divorced white female, 5'7", 135 lbs, 36C-28-40, IQ 145.  I'm an atheist, Libertarian, Free State Project member, and science fiction fan.  I'm currently a junior at Seattle University, majoring in Economics, planning to go to grad school (not sure where yet) to become a development economist.  Previously I worked as the Director of the Libertarian Party of Washington State.  I have a website at http://www.JacquelinePassey.com/

I'm interested in meeting non smoking atheist male porcupines in my area.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version