Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arizona  (Read 58833 times)

freedomroad

Re: Arizona
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 07:40:46 am »

How active is the LP in Arizona? My wife and I are wanting to move I want NH and she wants AZ she always brings up the no grass to mow and no cold weather like NH has for moving but NH has FSP what does AZ have?

There is a decent sized liberty/conspiracy movement in Phoenix.  They seem to be good at getting their word out.  However, it's still an oppressive place.  Phoenix is one of the most dangerous places in the US, has some of the rudest cops around and has dozen of red light cameras, for example.

About no grass to mow, that's pretty common in NH too.  A lot of people live in forested areas and have little to no grass.  Others allow wild grasses and bushes to cover much of their property, even in the cities.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 06:09:47 pm »

In Alabama

Well, if you do decide on AZ, look up these guys.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Front-Page.htm?EdNo=001

We'd love to have you here, but good luck either way.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 06:56:18 pm »

What's up with "4409"?
I love their videos, BTW

Moebius Tripp

• Kinda loopy & one-sided.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »

What's up with "4409"?
I love their videos, BTW

I wondered about that, too, at first.  My guess:  Obama is the 44th president, inaugurated in '09
Statism is the opiate of the masses

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 09:56:46 pm »

What's up with "4409"?
I love their videos, BTW

I wondered about that, too, at first.  My guess:  Obama is the 44th president, inaugurated in '09

I think he's been using that handle for longer than Obama's been national. Couldn't say for sure though.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

Anyone still active in AZ?
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

escapist_reborn

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »

Bump-de-dump.

Is Arizona really that FSP-free...?

ahammer

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »

Bump-de-dump.

Is Arizona really that FSP-free...?

I was in az up to about a year ago. im in ID right now.
 (I will be back for about a week before I drive out to NH for good (hopefully) :))

Trae

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 06:31:24 am »

This thread seems to suffer a repeated death. Anyone currently around here?

I've been watching the FSP forever it seems like (since before New Hampshire was chosen), but have put off joining for one reason or another 'til now. I've been in AZ (Phoenix area) for 6 years now, and well past 'over it'. Ready to move, but I know it will be at least a year 'til I can manage it, possibly more if I'm looking at NH.

escapist_reborn

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 11:16:26 pm »

This thread seems to suffer a repeated death. Anyone currently around here?

I've been watching the FSP forever it seems like (since before New Hampshire was chosen), but have put off joining for one reason or another 'til now. I've been in AZ (Phoenix area) for 6 years now, and well past 'over it'. Ready to move, but I know it will be at least a year 'til I can manage it, possibly more if I'm looking at NH.

I just drove out from Phoenix two weeks ago. Best decision ever.

You gotta come out.

Trae

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 04:01:53 pm »

Agreed. But that takes time. I will say there are some really awesome people and communities out here; I just don't know why they stuck themselves out in the middle of the wastelands.

But while I'm still here, if there is anyone else around shoot me a message.

Yuma Tom

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 11:13:11 am »

WOW!  Not much activity in AZ?  Back when this Free State project was getting started and I lived in Seattle and argued for Arizona for the free state.  Well guess what, I now live in AZ and we love it, we live in Yuma and go to northern AZ in 3 HOT months.   8)
Now there is a Constitutional county project starting up in Mohave county, AZ.  If there are any FSP people in the Yuma area give me a post or email.

freedomroad

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:01 pm »

WOW!  Not much activity in AZ?  Back when this Free State project was getting started and I lived in Seattle and argued for Arizona for the free state.  Well guess what, I now live in AZ and we love it, we live in Yuma and go to northern AZ in 3 HOT months.   8)
Now there is a Constitutional county project starting up in Mohave county, AZ.  If there are any FSP people in the Yuma area give me a post or email.

AZ was never seriously considered because the population was considered too large for 20,000 activists to make a major difference. Even near-by and freer NV was disqualified for the same reason. Some people were pretty disappointed because rural NV is pretty free. It was the right choice though. NH is freer than either state and has better employment activities.

Good luck in AZ. I recommend at least visiting NH during Liberty Forum or the Porcupine Freedom Festival to see what you are missing :)

March 5th - 8th
Manchester, NH
http://nhlibertyforum.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up