Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: We're being way too negative  (Read 20867 times)

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
  • Ain't nobody's business but mine
    • Free State Project/self-sufficiency living liaison
Re:We're being way too negative
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2004, 10:17:06 am »

Well, you're right.
I was just trying to say that even the best option on the table requires some concessions.
Stamp freestateproject.org on your cash!  Stamp & inkpad run less than $10 & it's the single most effective and easy thing you can do for the fsp.  And it's legal, just don't obscure the serial #.  www.currentlabels.com

TFA303

• New Hampshire. Hmmm.....
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2004, 08:16:24 am »

Having read this entire thread, I figured that this would be a good place for my first post.

Someof you are, I think, worrying too much about the 90% issue. The FSP has a built-in filtering process against what one might call "fair-weather  liberty lovers", to wit: moving to New Hampshire.

People who are kinda in favor of a kinda smaller government are not going to convince their wives (stereotypical, yes, but let's be honest) to pack up the house and kids and move to another state. The only people who will do that are people who are down-in-their-gut-fed up and not gonna take it any more. Probably slightly nuts, but you'll want that in your ideal liberty activist.
 Someone who's determined enough to do that isn't going to wuss out when the politcs get rough. If they are more interested in lax gun laws, or unrestricted homeschooling or home-grown pot than they are in legalizing donkey erotica, they're still going to be the kind of folks you want beside you in a fight, either literal or metaphorical.

Tom

N.B. Since I'm considering this, I'm probably slightly nuts, too. I'm OK with that.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2004, 08:34:14 am »

Hey TFA303,

Welcome to the forum! :)  Look forward to you positive thoughts on how to move this project forward.

We are very much a "think outside the box" group.  Your thoughts, and ideas are most welcome, better yet, if you have any ideas that might help or would like to help, drop me a note!

Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2004, 11:19:50 am »

People who are kinda in favor of a kinda smaller government are not going to convince their wives (stereotypical, yes, but let's be honest) to pack up the house and kids and move to another state. The only people who will do that are people who are down-in-their-gut-fed up and not gonna take it any more. Probably slightly nuts, but you'll want that in your ideal liberty activist.

I'll vouch that wives can be a challenge (and a few husbands I suspect as well).

Glad to see you're interested :)  Welcome to the FSP forum.

N.B. Since I'm considering this, I'm probably slightly nuts, too. I'm OK with that.

You'll fit in just fine ;)
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2004, 06:20:58 pm »

Can't say that I agree.  I convinced my wife to leave a great job, friends, and family - and I'm probably one of the more moderate people in this movement.

But your point is not lost - this organization, by and large, will attract more extreme members than a cross-section of average pro-liberty voters.  This does not mean that we should avoid appealing to the moderates, who at the end of the day will carry this movement, just like moderates carry every successful political movement.

Having read this entire thread, I figured that this would be a good place for my first post.

Someof you are, I think, worrying too much about the 90% issue. The FSP has a built-in filtering process against what one might call "fair-weather  liberty lovers", to wit: moving to New Hampshire.

Someone who's determined enough to do that isn't going to wuss out when the politcs get rough. If they are more interested in lax gun laws, or unrestricted homeschooling or home-grown pot than they are in legalizing donkey erotica, they're still going to be the kind of folks you want beside you in a fight, either literal or metaphorical.

Tom

rodschmidt

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2004, 06:54:04 pm »

He then outlined his plan as to what he was going to do to win, including spending over $100,000 on his campaign (he'd already spent $5,000 that afternoon paying a political consultant).

So all he has to do is hire 19 more consultants and his goal will be achieved.

;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up