Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cost of medicine and medicle care in New Hampshire  (Read 2235 times)

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
Cost of medicine and medicle care in New Hampshire
« on: March 11, 2004, 06:36:33 pm »

What does it typically cost to see a doctor in NH?

What does Health Insurence typically cost?

I got to thinking, here in South Dakota our Government Rounds (Republican) is doing his best to further socialize medicine in places where the Fed hasn't.

Life and Health Insurence are severly regulated in SD too (I know. I just took the blasted licensing exam).

Is New Hampshire more regulated in Health and Life insurence, or less? Is the average cost of medicine higher then South Dakota or less?

Around here a quick visit to a regular doctor runs you $70+ dollars.  

Does anybody have any tables compairing the differences between the states concerning, cost of medicine, life insurence, or health insurence?

It just struck me that lower regulation in NH is where I might find more savings.  So if anybody has any testimonies about what these sorts of things cost you, or any objective data, that might be helpfull.

But no need to talk to me about prescription drugs (I know it's cheeper in NH because of importation), because we do our best to stay away from drugs.  We're young, it's not a part of medicine that effects us much.

Tracy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 06:36:58 pm by Tracy Saboe »
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

freedomroad

Re:Cost of medicine and medicle care in New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 03:48:12 pm »

It just struck me that lower regulation in NH is where I might find more savings.
Beats me.  However, Tracy, you did not give people enough info to answer your questions.

You ask them if NH is more regulated in such and such, but you don't tell them how much SD is regulated.  So, you are asking them to look up the SD regs and the NH regs.  That sure is asking a lot.  Remember, you could always (at the very least) look up the SD regs yourself, and it would be helpful if you looked up the NH regs.

Here is a general rule that I found when doing research comparing the 10 possible FSP states.  NH is more regulated than SD.  I hope that helps.

BTW, a quick doctors visit costs b/t $50 and $100 in most of the country.

Also, people in all of the states may buy their drugs from Canada if they want to.  I have health insurance that covers my drugs (after a $10 co-pay) but if I didn't I would buy my drugs from Canada.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
Re:Cost of medicine and medicle care in New Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 09:29:45 pm »

As a single guy with no dependents, I paid $10 per week for CIGNA Care through my last employer.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up