Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Article regarding the FSP on www.1590.com  (Read 4225 times)

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
Article regarding the FSP on www.1590.com
« on: March 11, 2004, 12:51:32 pm »

Live free or try
http://www.1590.com/Stories/0,1413,222~23678~2010918,00.html

The writer is obviously concerned that the FSP will successfully change the face of politics in New Hampshire.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
Re:Article regarding the FSP on www.1590.com
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 12:57:44 pm »

...if we prove unwilling to work with local residents?   ???

Everything we do, outside of the two Free Town Projects, depends on the will of the people.

We are just going to ask the important questions and push for freedom in every aspect of our lives.  If the 1,275,000 people of New Hampshire do not want freedom, then how the hell could we override their desires?  That is ridiculous.

The only way 20,000 of us could do anything to change New Hampshire is if the culture eventually accepts our ideas, or if it already accepts many of them.  And we're pretty sure that it does and it will.
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

adonis79

• FSP Participant
  • TheFlowerOf SafetyLiesWithin ThePerilousThorns
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 02:22:07 pm »

Remember to let these guys know what they missed!

Hello Mr. Keane,

I am writing in regards to your article headed Live free or try.  I am uncertain of the author but figured I could address my concerns to you.  I am glad to see an article introducing the Free State Project in your paper, but disappointed with  the general lack of information on the intentions or solution proposed by members of the FSP.  The article seemed to present Free Stater's as an invading swarm of new residents gearing to "take over" and dominate  New Hampshire politics,  as 2% of the voting block it certainly will not be capable of that.  It also concluded by issuing a warning of "stay aware" and "special interest"  but fails to give the reader what it is that FSP is promoting that is of such danger.   My  goal is to live without aggression, corruption, or unnecessary taxes.  To live in nice neighborhoods and have my kid in a nice school.  Is that the type of special interests that warrant a warning?   I can only presume by the tone that the writer is less than pleased with the arrival of new residents to the area but he has alarmed people of our presence without stating a well researched reason why .   What is the threat of 20,000 highly motivated new neighbors who believe in privacy, community building, low taxes, and honest government?  Maybe as a follow up article your paper could talk about what 20,000 people like myself can contribute to a community.  I will be bringing my business and a number of jobs, my charity helping women off welfare and  back into the workforce, buying a house, leasing storefront, and all around helping to reduce the "cost of living" in New Hampshire by supporting responsible governing, and spending.   Although in the next 6 years FSP will make up only 1/6 of the new residents moving to New Hampshire we will be 20,000 people motivated to helping NH stay the great state it is, that it is why we picked it over the other 49.  Who knows maybe we can work together and make it a little better by being united rather than divided. Thanks for your time, and the courtesy of passing it along to the author.

Sincerely,

Ryan Lanzarotta

I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
And my heart bled within me; for you can only be free when even the desire of freedom becomes a harness to you,  and when you cease to speak of freedom as a goal and a fulfillment.
Kahlil Gibran

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 03:29:58 pm »

Nice letter, Ryan! :)

Kudos galore.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 05:04:28 pm »

The only way 20,000 of us could do anything to change New Hampshire is if the culture eventually accepts our ideas, or if it already accepts many of them.  And we're pretty sure that it does and it will.

There are many things 20,000 (or even 10,000) people could do in a state like NH.  Imagine if 5,000 people faxed all of their state Congressman (and some people have like 12) everytime a bill was about to be voted on?  Imagine if 2,000 FSP showed up to speak to the Senate or House for all of the important bills?  Imagine 10,000 more freedom leaning LTEs being written every week.

Activists in high numbers, even when most people disagree with them, can show lots of power.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 05:07:12 pm by yestoAmerica »

djfalken

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 03:41:15 pm »

Please forgive me for seeming clueless but I have just tuned in.  I am a NH resident and I can not wait to speak with members of FSP administration.  I am optimistically reserved.

Does FSP have in-state lobbyists yet?  It seems to me that some PR is necessary.

SteveA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 04:12:34 pm »

Please forgive me for seeming clueless but I have just tuned in.  I am a NH resident and I can not wait to speak with members of FSP administration.  I am optimistically reserved.

Does FSP have in-state lobbyists yet?  It seems to me that some PR is necessary.

I don't believe the FSP itself has any lobbyists in N.H.  Truthfully, the large majority of FSP members haven't moved yet and I think the actual concern of the FSP administration is encouraging people to move there but I would say the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire (www.lpnh.org) or the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (www.nhliberty.org) would be a good start.  I know James Maynard has been active there and RDeacon (on-line forum name) too.

Hopefully that helps.  Glad to see a new face on the message board :)
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

SteveA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 04:46:20 pm »

On second thought, I don't even know if the FSP can do that without getting legally harassed because of the 503 status or something (I don't know what the "law" says).

Just another example of how bad the state of affairs is right now.  Your "right" to free speech has to be purchased and though the constitution supposedly guarantees the freedom to assemble and address government for a redress of grievances it's currently considered optional by the legislation unless you pay off enough lawyers and judges.  :(  Very sad.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 04:51:25 pm »

As the FSP is not itself a political group, it is not a PAC, and does not have 'lobbyists'. What it does have are members who are NH residents already who are becoming more active in politics as individuals and with the support of other individuals.

I myself, a resident since 1977, am a registered Republican, a member of the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire, a past NRA member, a USAF veteran, and a past director of the Grafton County Fish & Game Association.

You may have seen me recently on the front page of the Union Leader or on network television presenting the NH flag to the town manager of Killington on March 2nd. I am currently helping several legislators with getting SB454 passed by the House.

John Babiarz, LPNH Chair, and FSP member, has sat on several of Governor Benson's commissions. Union Leader columnist Don Galloway recently proposed that John be our Secretary of State if the state followed Don's advice to secede.

NH State Representatives Henry McElroy, Dick Marple, Lars Christianson, and Steve Villaincourt are also FSP people

John, myself, and others are the NH face of the FSP. We are upstanding citizens who care about our state and its future, who give of our time to see that it becomes a better place. We are working within the law and within the system to do so.

We also welcome the FSP with open arms. Unlike too many immigrants to NH over the years, the members of the FSP really get what NH is about, and they want to help make it more so.

The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up