Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Midwest FSP -- MI, n OH, ne IN  (Read 58250 times)

lowen

Re: Midwest FSP -- MI, n OH, ne IN
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 05:40:34 pm »

Hmm... wolverpine or porcurine.  I can't decide.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 01:29:01 am »

Hmm... wolverpine or porcurine.  I can't decide.
Well, whether wolverine or porcupine, before the barbecue you'll want to peel them very cautiously, being extremely careful (in both species) with glands near the base of the tail that can spoil the meat and/or the immediate geography.  Wolverine is tough, I'd recommend a long marinade, fairly acidic, a commercial Italian dressing will probably do it in a day or two.  Porcupine, mix the dressing half with water and maybe at most a day.  Then cook until done.  I'm partial to roasting, but if you butterfly them, either should work fine on the grill.

Not sure about wolverpine or porcurine.  Not enough experience cooking products of such extreme miscegenation.  Probably have to go with a strong (probably Vindaloo) curry seasoning, just to be safe.  But then again, I use Vindaloo seasoning on mashed potatoes and if I ate morning cereal probably on that.

Wolverine, porcupine, wolverpine or porcurine, if you can catch it and clean it, I'll turn it into chili if other circumstanstances don't require me to turn you over to the arbitrators.  (If I'm going to cook it, there must not be opposable thumbs or a speech center much more than about 1% of the brain mass).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

mvpel

• FSP Participant
    • Aidoann
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2006, 05:53:22 am »

Hey all, I'll be in Michigan visiting my folks from about the 23rd of December 2006 probably until after the new year, and my wife and I'd be happy to get together with Porcupines.

We were the first Porcupines to relocate to New Hampshire after the vote.
New Hampshire Notary Public - Merrimack Valley Area - Silver Accepted

AmerTwnCrier

• FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2006, 02:03:07 pm »

Hey all, I'll be in Michigan visiting my folks from about the 23rd of December 2006 probably until after the new year, and my wife and I'd be happy to get together with Porcupines.

I I remember correctly you will be in the Ann Arbor area? If so, Lansing is probably a central meeting point. I don't really know Lansing (it's a bit city and I try to avoid those at any cost :)  ) but I'd be willing to meet for lunch/coffee.  Amadeus James also lives in that area, so he might be able to get to a meeting. If so, he might be able to pick a spot where we can get together. If you are interested...i'll contact him and find out.
As far as groups getting together...Nik still thinks he'll be able to make it to Michigan around the end of january...so any groups interested in getting together...2 or 3 locations will work. He will travel around Michigan to help more people get involved without having to drive too far.

Detroiter

• I take my llama shooting!
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2006, 09:09:43 am »

I'm game to get together after the 25th.  General conversation over coffee or beer, or a get together to play some cards would be great.  Somewhere between Toledo on the south & Flint on the north, Port Huron on the east & Jackson on the west.
Activism on the 90% gap between freedom & today's reality, not endless debate about the 10% we disagree on, will  make or break the endeavor to restore freedom.

templersstorms

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2006, 11:58:35 pm »

Count me in. End of January -ish works well for me, maybe watch some movies, live music, talk protest type of things. Any other ideas?
Bring your friends. Peace.

-Amadeus James-

Klaus

• FSP Participant
  • (The Swiss) are most armed and most free.
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2006, 03:19:35 pm »

Yeah I'm still on for the end of January.  I'll start looking more seriously at the calendar and throw out some dates and locations in MI and IN for consideration.  Our Minnesota local group is going to the range on 1/27 to perforate some paper as part of the FSP Postal Matches http://www.freestateproject.org/freestatematch.  I can shoot my targets any time so they don't need me there to mess up their aim, but if some of you want to go to a range on that weekend we could add that to the potential agenda.

Live music sounds good.  Make our own?  Who plays what?

Nik

Count me in. End of January -ish works well for me, maybe watch some movies, live music, talk protest type of things. Any other ideas?
Bring your friends. Peace.

-Amadeus James-
All the armies in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
- Victor Hugo

LaneRebel

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2007, 10:58:04 pm »

Are there any members in this group from Clevleand, OH?  I'm interested in helping out, but may not be able always be able to make the > 2 hour drive to Indiana/Michigan for meetings.  I'm curious if there are any other NEO residents in this group.

Also, I may try to attend the upcoming meeting, and I have a bass guitar to help make music if that's what's happening :)

-Joe
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:00:37 pm by LaneRebel »

Klaus

• FSP Participant
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2007, 12:57:13 pm »

Joe,

There are quite a few Porcs in the Cleveland area, but up til now no meetings that I know of.  It would be great to meet you and do some music at a meeting in MI/IN, but you might also consider just helping organize a group in your area (I understand not very many people can or will drive 2+ hours to a meeting).  Also if you join the Midwest Porcupines Yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midwestporcupines/) you will see there is a possibility of a Columbus meeting soon.

Let me know if you'd like to get something going in NE Ohio, but in any case thanks for checking in, keep in touch and look forward to meeting you soon!

Nik

Are there any members in this group from Clevleand, OH?  I'm interested in helping out, but may not be able always be able to make the > 2 hour drive to Indiana/Michigan for meetings.  I'm curious if there are any other NEO residents in this group.

Also, I may try to attend the upcoming meeting, and I have a bass guitar to help make music if that's what's happening :)

-Joe
- Victor Hugo

LaneRebel

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2007, 01:10:54 pm »

Thanks for the reply!  I'd definitely like to get something going in NEO.  What exactly can I do to get started?

I'd also be interested in coming to the meeting on the 27th (pending spouse-approval), just to see how they go and get an idea of what to do here.  Not to mention it sounds like fun, music and movies are two of my favorite things!

-Joe

Klaus

• FSP Participant
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2007, 06:28:05 pm »

Joe,

There is some good start-up info here:  http://www.freestateproject.org/community/localgroups/  If you read the essays you'll get the basic idea, but I can walk you through it also (email, IM or call me).

Hopefully we'll get some dates and locations nailed down on the MI trip soon and we'll post them here and on the yahoo group.

Nik

Thanks for the reply!  I'd definitely like to get something going in NEO.  What exactly can I do to get started?

I'd also be interested in coming to the meeting on the 27th (pending spouse-approval), just to see how they go and get an idea of what to do here.  Not to mention it sounds like fun, music and movies are two of my favorite things!

-Joe
- Victor Hugo

mvpel

• FSP Participant
    • Aidoann
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2007, 02:01:43 pm »

Hi folks,

My wife and I, who were the first Free Staters to permanently relocate to New Hampshire after it was chosen, are here in Ann Arbor for the week and we'd welcome the opportunity to have local porcupines chat about New Hampshire.

We'll be at the Arborland Starbucks, just off US23 Panera Cafe at the corner of Washtenaw and Huron Parkway, west of US-23 exit 37, at 11:00am this coming Saturday, December 29.  Hope to see you there!

Venue change due to poor parking situation at the Arborland Starbucks.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 02:06:41 pm by mvpel »
New Hampshire Notary Public - Merrimack Valley Area - Silver Accepted

Gestalt_Casey

• Libertas inaestimabilis res est
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 08:06:45 pm »

Is this this region that covers the Columbus area?

Is there a central ohio group or central ohio meetings/events or place to let people know of libertarian-type events?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey

magnetic

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2010, 04:42:41 pm »

Any FSP participants left in Michigan or the Detroit area??

I recently joined, I think I discovered FSP after watching a Marc Stevens video on Youtube and visiting his site, then I found LRN and the rest is history.   I've lived in Detroit since 2005, I chose to live here because it seemed like a free place to live, I assumed the cops would be too busy chasing crooks to bother a peaceful person like myself.  While that is mostly true, I still have to pay property and other taxes (Detroit has a CITY INCOME TAX).  I think dissatisfaction with paying taxes is what lead me to libertarianism/anarcho-capitalism.  And I naturally agreed with all the other views commonly held by those that oppose the state.

So what am I still doing in the murder capital?   ???

Well, I have a full time job of many years and a girlfriend of many years.  I have stability that has allowed me to pay down debt and I am getting closer to my goal of being free from debt.  I'm not afraid of moving somewhere with no job and little money (that describes things when I first moved to Detroit in 2005), but I do want to get rid of my debt...

Plus I have a house to unload.  The plus here is that I own it free and clear (for now... I am contemplating not paying my property taxes).

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2010, 02:05:44 pm »

Hello Everyone,

My wife, two daughters and I moved from the Western 'burbs of Detroit in March of '09.  There are several people here in NH from the mid-west, quiet a few from MI.

Please let me know what we can do to help you out.

You might want to consider getting on Facebook and looking up the "FSP Job Alert" "Porcu-profits" and "The Informal University."

"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up