Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecticut  (Read 73650 times)

tom ploszaj

Re: Connecticut
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »

Welcome Nutmeggers!
I left CT in '08, wished I left in '88.  You'll be welcome by many in NH.  There have been over 8 people from CT who had settled in our small town of no zoning.  I'm not a FSP signer but can support the FSP member's ideology of personal freedoms. If you believe in freedom and are respectful of the liberties of others NH may be that place of a better life for your families.  Most of our grandparents had left other places for a better life,  I believe that it is our turn to leave CT for the same reasons...

MadLarkin

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 03:00:38 pm »

Short version:
Single father, fleeing CT in the next three months to chase liberty and be closer to family. Any solid advice for those who have made the plunge?

tom ploszaj

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »

Short version:
Single father, fleeing CT in the next three months to chase liberty and be closer to family. Any solid advice for those who have made the plunge?

Short reply:  If you need some info just PM me.

Sam Adams

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 10:31:53 pm »

Short version:
                  You are starting to scare me. I know I have to move quickly, and can,t mess around but.>>?? Then I read that the last 3 or 4 folks already moved within 3 months, and now have to flee CT doesn,t settle well. Feel free to pm me, if I don,t hear things in CT. CT is the commie state and the deadline is coming 1/1,

MadLarkin

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 10:55:05 am »

I have been working on this for longer then three months, it is just now getting down to that time frame. A large number of my friends have already, or are shortly leaving. Not much in CT these days. The government is a restrictive dumpster fire, the state economy is in the toilet, quality of life is laughable and cost of living is suffocating.
That being said, the new laws don't *just* affect you come January 1st. The ammo restrictions go into place October first. 

Cbonas81

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 06:09:35 pm »

Hello all CT and former CT peeps. We currently live in Bethehem CT. We just went under contract on a home we are buying in Hillsborough NH after 15 properties and a long search. We should have the closing by Dec 1st. My parents are coming along and leaving CT (formally of Wolcott CT ) since they suffered a devastating house fire and they are new to the FSP but are very liberty minded as well. We are very excited to relocate and I will be starting a new job with Windstream Communications at the same time. Hoping to meet many other free staters soon

LibertyWeekendSon

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2013, 01:16:58 am »

I'm also hoping to get out of Connecticut ASAP; anyone willing to help me out?  Who do I speak to about this??

Cbonas81

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2013, 09:00:47 am »

We'll the move went very well. I want to take the time to thank everyone who came out to help us. Thank you. We finally are free of the communist government of Connecticut lol. Now to get settled into my new job and recover financially from the closing costs off buying a home. So far so good. NH is light years apart from CT when it comes to curtesy of the people. We are loving it here, but we/I  will have to become involved in the fight to maintain liberty as the evil ones are trying to creep their way up from commie land lol

Sam Adams

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:27 am »

I'm also hoping to get out of Connecticut ASAP; anyone willing to help me out?  Who do I speak to about this??
                                     Craig, give me a private message, maybe I can help you out of CT. I,m born in ct and lived there all my life. I have real estate in southern NH. message me Dan

JbbF

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2016, 07:22:31 pm »

You and me both buddy, end of May here.... keeping my guns, freedom, self-respect, AND getting a 50% cost of living reduction just by moving up there.  Even got a raise out of the deal haha. 

Screw these stupid communists.  Let them have their idiotic Marxist wonderland that has lowered CT's business climate to 44 out of 50 under Malloy. 

The way I see it, moving to NH is a non-violent protest and a moral decision.  My alternative is to stay in CT, refuse to comply with the registration, and get myself and probably a few jackboots killed when they come to confiscate.  Better to leave peacefully and fight this battle in a better area of operations.   :)

Good luck on the move!

Until recently, I too thought moving to NH would be an act of non-violent protest and a moral decision -- but House Bill 1547 (a bill which would unjustly criminalize interspecies sex involving humans) changed all that. If NH House Bill 1547 passes , then moving to NH will NOT be a moral decision, because it will be supporting a government that oppresses zoosexual people (a sexual minority) and discriminates against them. There are probably pro-zoosexuals in NH, but it certainly appears they are not in the state government. As they say, "If one of us is chained, we're all chained". People keep talking about how states like Connecticut are communistic and authoritarian -- I agree, but the problem is that NH is becoming more and more like places such as CT, and House Bill 1547 is a good example of that.

If the incredibly oppressive, unjust and unethical House Bill 1547 becomes law in NH, zoosexuals will be faced with a similar situation to what you mentioned, but in reverse -- for example: "Do I move to NH and have interspecies sex as an act of civil disobedience while worrying that the police are going to harass me, or do I move to a state that has either no anti-zoosexual law or a state with a law that is far less harsh (i.e. misdemeanor)?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up