Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecticut  (Read 73808 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Connecticut
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 10:40:04 am »

So will you have your anti-tax sign with you in the studio? ;D
Are the good people of Connecticut going to join us for the nationwide tax day protest?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 11:51:28 am »

Are the good people of Connecticut going to join us for the nationwide tax day protest?

I haven't gotten any responses from CT FSP'ers or the CT LP about tax protests in the state, so I may end up doing it all by myself.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 01:36:52 pm »

That's okay, Jason--thanks for going.  Actually, from my experience last year, I'm not that into planning for or relying on a big crowd for a demonstration.  There were only two of us, and at a very busy post office in DC that was more than enough--more people would have just meant more sitting around.  In addition, I think our low-key approach made people more comfortable talking to us, and led to less time-wasteage in arguments with Post Office employees.  (I was there to hand out flyers, not to puff up in righteous libertarian anger and get my ass hauled to jail.)  We're looking for breadth of coverage here, and we earn nothing for depth instead.  I hope a lot of people will go out solo and just be the friendly, respectful, and intelligent folks that I know we have around here.  Somewhere.  ;D
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 05:57:00 pm »

I haven't gotten any responses from CT FSP'ers or the CT LP about tax protests in the state, so I may end up doing it all by myself.
That will work...you just miss out on the full flag-waving-car-honking fun :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Tocard

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 02:49:58 pm »

Old ass thread...

Wish that meeting was scheduled at Molten Java for Jan 21st 2007...

Are there any meetings that still happen in the Danbury Area for Libertarians and Free Staters?

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 03:22:07 pm »

There's a strong anti-CT sentiment since CT imprisoned Lauren Canario for protesting Eminent Domain.
Still, to my mind, this kind of abuse means it should be all the easier to reach our to libertarian-types stuck in CT and let them know a much freer place (and one that recently put a constitutional ban on eminent domain abuse like the one that happened in New London) is just a short drive to the North.

Tocard, I suggest working on a "shadow ad" or other media outreach to the Good People of CT.
Good luck!

tom ploszaj

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 12:38:28 pm »

Hello CT, Started using the discussion board.  Now to learn how to post new topics, icon is missing? I am planning on moving to NH

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 09:41:02 pm »

Hello CT, Started using the discussion board.  Now to learn how to post new topics, icon is missing? I am planning on moving to NH
Cool.
welcome!
When do you plan on moving?
Let people know when so that they can help you move in.
Many movers are already talking on the forum over at nhfree.com

lloydbob1

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 07:01:50 am »

Where are you in CT?

tom ploszaj

Still in Connecticut
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 11:33:14 am »

I 'm in Plymouth,CT and in the process of getting funding to purchace land with a move date before 2010.  I hope to start viewing properties this coming spring.  I will check out NHfree and see where I should post.  I am going to be looking to make contacts to help me find  affordable acres and logistics (friendly people with equipment, area knowledge, etc., for assistance during the relocation) in building a place on our own.

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 01:15:51 am »

Cool. Get in touch w/ Dave Mincin. He knows the Seacost area very well, and would know other Realtors in other areas of the state. I just find it funny that NH is 1/3 the size of my home county :)
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

tom ploszaj

LLC in New Hamp.
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 06:26:58 am »

Hello All.   I am interestedin a LLC with the intent of buying land in NH for a base where like minded individuals could when they are ready to make the move to NH.  Any help or ideas would be welcome.

lloydbob1

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 09:09:28 am »

You should consider Grafton.  I believe it has the highest number of people who have escaped from CT ;D  No zoning!  You do what you want here.

A Studebaker living in Plymouth.  Priceless ;D

tom ploszaj

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 03:14:13 pm »

Thanks Lloyd.

I heard about Grafton and the "Free Town" Project and even of some of the issues there.  We have not made our decisions yet since we would like acreage and need more members with a financial stake that will allow our goals to be realized.   Soon I hope to get some personal invites to stay with over night or so to meet with FSP members to see where my thoughts and goals mesh.

Priceless Yes! My vehicles seem not to trend towards the majority       ;D
Tom

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 04:06:24 pm »

Tom,

You may want to look on these threads for:

White Mountain Land   company or something like that.  There was a group trying to get many people to each kick in money and then buy a bigger track of land.  Jnoyes... if you pm his email should work did a LOT of research on it.  He may even be in CT or MA now.

Come on up to the Liberty Forum in January.... There will be a realtor there as well.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up