Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rochester  (Read 1894 times)

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
Rochester
« on: March 08, 2004, 08:35:40 pm »

OK, this is basically a ditto of my Grafton Post. But anyway.

What are local property taxes in Rochester? And what is the potential for entirely eliminating the local ones?

What does housing typically cost in Rochester? Could I get housing for less then $500/month? Currently my wife and I live in a 1 bedroom house, with a full basement and pay about $460 or so for it. It was on the low end of Sioux Falls, real estate -- about $60,000 or so. Can housing be found for that price?

What's the potential for entirely eliminating the zoning and planningboards?

What's the potential for entirely dismantling the public school system in Rochester and cutting taxes allong with it, so individuals in the town can pursue more free market education alternatives?

What's the potential for eliminating all the building codes and regulations, (which would enable houses to be built for cheeper.)

Bottom line. Aproxemately how much would I need to make in a month to live in Rochester? Would $1500 be enough? Would $2000?

Are some free staters potentially thinking about purchasing some of that land and building housing complexes on some of that property? Are their any businesses planning on building low-end housing? Or is it prohibitive to build $60,000 houses?

I'm excited about this.  What's the population of Rochester? How many libertarians would you need to make a big difference?

What county is Rochester located in? We should try to locate in the surounding areas of Rochester if possible as well.

Not as many people vote in the off-year ellections, so hopefully in 2006 we can really make an impact towards downsizing government there to its bare bones.

If somebody wanted to donate to this project, where would they send it? Does the Free Rochester Project, have a website of its own, with all its stated goals for downsizing the local government, and exactly what our goals their are?

Tracy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:47:19 pm by Tracy Saboe »
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
Re:Rochester
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 11:50:48 pm »

Anybody from the Rochester Freedom Project on these boards?

TRacy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers
Pages: [1]   Go Up