Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Concord Monitor Editorial  (Read 8776 times)

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
Concord Monitor Editorial
« on: March 05, 2004, 09:05:28 am »

Yes to Killington

Let's just say I wouldn't put this into the positive coverage category.

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
Re:Concord Monitor Editorial
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 09:21:27 am »

Youch - how about we take Killington and give Concord to Vermont?  (Or at least the newspaper.)
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 10:18:09 am »

"After townspeople's courageous vote not to help educate children in poorer communities, Killington officials were presented with a New Hampshire state flag by representatives of the Free State Project, a Libertarian fringe movement whose members don't actually believe in states but nonetheless want one so all the people who don't believe in states can live in it. "

hahahahaha hehehehehehe.... I LOVE it. Hilarious.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 01:07:34 pm »

Wow!

We've hardly even begun and the statists are ALREADY talking about starting a war.

My message to them:  Bring it on.
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 01:13:32 pm »

"After townspeople's courageous vote not to help educate children in poorer communities, Killington officials were presented with a New Hampshire state flag by representatives of the Free State Project, a Libertarian fringe movement whose members don't actually believe in states but nonetheless want one so all the people who don't believe in states can live in it. "

I couldn't believe that was the actual quote and then I looked for myself. Amazing.

Very slimy of them to mix the meanings of "state" in an effort to criticize us.

wes237

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 07:18:06 pm »

The article spoke about how: ' all households surveyed had indoor plumbing' ....

jeeze! how dare those Killington folks want more out of life!!!

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 07:29:55 pm »

I didn't realize this but, they're going to be saving about $10,000/year/person !

Their incomes would effectivly be increased by around a forth.

Hopefully if the current conservatives, libertarians, and free staters in NH get the StateWide property tax that the supremes forced on them abolished, they'll even be more free.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 07:35:49 pm »

It took George Washington himself to resolve the dispute. Washington sagely suggested that it would be wise to avoid the "necessity of coercion."

What's the probability the Vermont legislature would remember this before having tax collectors drag the town away?  I guess it's close to zilch.

Truely justice wouldn't appear to be served if the Vermont legislature can nullify the towns complaint, if all other parties are in agreement.

That's like giving a man accused of theft the right to optionally nullify his conviction if he's found guilty.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 07:50:17 pm »

My god. They are SCARED, aren't they?

They're now resorting to ad hominem attacks and name-calling.

Shall we take turns shooting them down over this, or shall we all write LTEs on the same day? 8)

JM

The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Victor VI

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a unicorn! Wanna play leap-frog?
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 01:27:17 am »

They're now resorting to ad hominem attacks and name-calling.

Shall we take turns shooting them down over this, or shall we all write LTEs on the same day? 8)

As long as the FSP is going to have these kind of articles written about it, we might as well get some entertainment out of it.

I propose the creation of an FSP Dunk Tank Fund. Here's a rough idea of how it would work: participants would pledge a sum of money to be donated to the FSP everytime a journalist throws a "hardball" at it. For example, I'm prepared to pledge a donation of $25 everytime a journalist pitches a "hardball".

Obviously, what constitutes a "hardball" would be subjective, so we'd need a way to evaluate them. Perhaps a panel could volunteer to evaluate submissions, or they could simply be posted here where forum members could vote on them. Key criteria, of course, would be mentions of those time-honered platitudes such as "the less fortunate", "the children", or "those selfish bastards".  ;)

In general, any screed which conjures up the image of an foaming liberal prepared to slap us to death with his hanky would qualify, and then we'd pony up.

Whaddya think? Do I have any takers?

I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.
--Grover Norquist

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 01:32:21 am »

I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.
--Grover Norquist

Great sig Victor!  LOL
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 01:41:33 am »

I think we'd all be better off to write diplomatic, letters to the editors.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 08:05:05 am »

dayummmmnnn.

whoever wrote this article is obviously off their meds.

perhaps the NHLA could offer some assistance with their prescription drug needs?  ;)

BillG

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 09:56:43 am »

My reading is that the article actually agrees with the secessionist sentiments of the Killingtonians but takes a swipe at both the FSP and Benson..

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 10:38:50 am »

Actually, I like the dunk tank idea, but I think we should use it to raise money from the liberals. Make a java applet with pictures of people the left loves to hate (hell, anybody, for that matter). They can pony up a buck to play. They 'throw a hardball' by writing an attack against their selected enemy, and the program semantically scores each word, with only swears and references to Hitler being disqualifying words.

"Ad Dunkinem"
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up