Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KICK TOWN OF CHESTER OUT OF VERMONT ! ! !  (Read 2057 times)

crisericson

• 2004 VOTE CRIS ERICSON, MAKE MARIJUANA LEGAL
    • http://crisericson.com CRISERICSON.COM
KICK TOWN OF CHESTER OUT OF VERMONT ! ! !
« on: March 03, 2004, 01:00:42 am »

>:(    KICK THE TOWN OF CHESTER OUT OF THE STATE OF VERMONT! OR SHOULD I PACK UP AND MOVE TO KILLINGTON AND JOIN NEW HAMPSHIRE?  MY 76 1/2 YEAR OLD MOTHER WROTE OUT HER CHECK FOR HER PROPERTY TAX BUT WAS TOO ILL TO GET IT IN ON TIME, THEN SHE WENT THE NEXT MORNING, JUST HOURS AFTER THE DEADLINE, NOT EVEN ONE DAY LATE, ONE DAY IS 24 HOURS, SHE WAS NOT EVEN 24 HOURS LATE, AND THEY FINED HER 9% LATE FEE, AND SHE WAS UPSET AND DAYS LATER ON SEPT. 27TH SHE HAD A HEART ATTACK AND STROKE AND THEN DIED. MEANWHILE, THE TOWN OF CHESTER WAS COMMITTING DOUBLE TAXATION BECAUSE HER DEED SAYS SHE OWNS 20 FEET OF RTE 103 AND THE NEIGHBOR SAYS THEY OWN IT, AND THE NEIGHBOR WOULDN'T LET HER PUT UP HER ART STUDIO SIGN, THEY INTIMIDATED HER, AND ONE OF THE LAST LETTERS SHE WROTE WAS TO A SURVEYOR, WHO HAS SINCE BEEN HIRED BY THE EXECUTOR OF HER WILL AFTER SHE DIED; SO THE TOWN OF CHESTER WAS COMMITTING DOUBLE TAXATION TAXING TWO PROPERTY OWNERS FOR THE SAME 20 FEET OF RTE. 103 AND  SHE WAS LESS THAN 24 HOURS LATE ON HER PROPERTY TAX AND THEY CHARGED HER 9% LATE FEE AND THEN SHE HAD A HEART ATTACK AND STROKE AND DIED, SHOULD I PACK UP AND MOVE SINCE I AM INHERITING THE PROPERTY? I DIDN'T GO TO TOWN MEETING DAY IN CHESTER, I HARDLY SPEAK A WORD TO ANYONE SINCE I MOVED HERE IN SEPTEMBER, I THINK THESE ARE THE MOST COLD HEARTED STONE HEARTED PEOPLE IN THE STATE OF VERMONT.  I MADE AN INTERNET ART GALLERY, I'M NOT FINISHED YET, I HAVE ABOUT 14 PAINTINGS UP IF YOU WANT TO SEE MOM'S WORK.   I HAVE BEEN ON GOING A CANDIDATE FOR 2004 IN VERMONT, BUT I AM READY TO PACK UP AND SELL AND LEAVE AFTER PROBATE COURT GOES THROUGH.  I AM REALLY FED UP WITH COLD HEARTED PEOPLE.  PLEASE VISIT MY ART GALLERY IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER.  ALL OF THESE PAINTINGS ARE HERE AT THE HOUSE.   I HAVE two  WEB SITES.  http://www.webspawner.com/users/ericsonart/index.html
http://crisericson.com
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 01:13:40 am by crisericson »

bookish_lass

Re:KICK TOWN OF CHESTER OUT OF VERMONT ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 07:03:58 am »

How horrible!  It's just like something out of Atlas Shrugged, beauty and grace killed by the bureaucratic looters.  Your mother's paintings are lovely, thanks for sharing them.

As for Killington, we don't know yet whether they will secede to New Hampshire.  It'll be put to the legislatures in NH and VT.  But of course, you're more than welcome to join us in moving to NH.  We need people like you!

My condolences on the death of your mother.

Kat

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 02:03:35 pm »

May I recommend joining the FSP! Come on, you know you want to.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 02:03:58 pm by vermass »
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 02:06:40 am »

I feel for you Chris.  My father is almost 70 and works more hours than I could while I see plenty of other people living off the dole the state takes from him.  He's very non-imposing and independent and hasn't ever accepted my offer to come live with us but it's sad to know he's been a hard working citizen for so long, been taken advantage of by the system and gotten almost nothing in return.  He's even sick sometimes and dreads losing a few hours working because he might lose his job.

I know nothings free and life takes work but there are people who pile it on, higher and deeper without thinking how it affects all of us ... they might not even truly know.  Nothing happens until people take a stand.

Very sorry to hear about your mother.  My father is an artist too BTW
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."
Pages: [1]   Go Up