Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please verify your membership info!!!  (Read 8333 times)

Amanda

• former FSP President
please verify your membership info!!!
« on: February 27, 2004, 05:39:51 pm »

Sending this off to the announce list tonight... repeating it here.

Happy Friday to my libertarian friends,

In a few days the Free State Project will roll out our Activist Center, a new program to facilitate and encourage grass roots activism in support of the Free State Project. Activists will have one place to go to get involved, share ideas, and find out what we can do to help the FSP and further the cause of liberty.

But before we roll that out, we want to make sure that we have the most current contact information for all of our Members. I'd like to ask everyone to please visit our BRAND NEW online Members Section and make sure that your membership information is current and up to date. We would also like to verify that everyone who signed up is actually listed as a Member in our database. It only takes a few minutes, and it will help us a great deal.

If you're an FSP Member and you haven't yet registered to get your FSP Member username and password, click here: https://freestateproject.org/members/register.jsp

NOTE : If you run into problems registering, it may be because we do not have your correct info in our system. Send an email to data@freestateproject.org and we will correct the problem.

If you're not a Member of the Free State Project and are ready to commit to achieving Liberty in Our Lifetime, click here to join us: https://freestateproject.org/members/join.jsp

We are at 5,483 and growing. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements from us. We have a lot of interesting things coming your way.

In Liberty,
Amanda Phillips
President, Free State Project
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re:please verify your membership info!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 07:03:26 pm »

Amanda,

I believe I updated my info?  Anyway to make sure that it is updated?
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

bevr

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 07:53:36 pm »

Amanda,

I would like to know too.

Thanx!
Bev

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 08:15:52 pm »

Amanda,

Login at https://freestateproject.org/members/index.jsp

Click on "Update your FSP Member profile"

You'll see your info and can modify it if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 08:16:28 pm by atr »

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 10:12:42 pm »

But if you are a member and don't have a username and password yet, go here:
https://freestateproject.org/members/register.jsp
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 02:31:57 pm »

By the way... good job to whoever set up the FSP member profile system. It is simple, time-saving, and gives us a little more professional look. Thanks

I also don't mind being called a libertarian. After a few days on this board, people usually know the difference. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

SethA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 04:56:11 pm »

I don't mind updating, but I certainly hope that not responding to this one email request will not purge anyone's membership who went through the ID verification process and voted in Sept. It is easy to miss one email, particularly now the way some email filters are set.

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 05:04:20 pm »

Considering we still have 4766 members that have not registered yet, I don't think anyone will be purging anything.

One benefit of this process (other than just better data) has been finding out that some members were not in our system, thus not being added to the member count.
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

wes237

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 06:11:45 pm »

None of this makes any sense to me. I can't log on to update my membership profile using the link. And it says that my user name and password for the forum is not to be used. I've been trying to figure this out for some time. Don't get it....like so many things when information is asked for....no one takes in account that computer people speak a different language than other people. I'm not griping...really( Because i don't give a damn) ....but you would feel the same way as I do about this if you came to my medical clinic and I spoke to you in my language.

The only contact I have with the FSP is through this forum since joining a year and a half ago. .............. Who's fault is that? Mine? Or yours? I have no other way of communicating except through this forum.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 06:29:34 pm »

Hi Wes,

The problem if no one has contacted you is ours.  So consider this a contact! :)  Thinking if you have a problem with the computer thing, please contact data@freestateproject.org  Thinking you let him know what your problem is, be specific and I'm sure he will walk you though it.

Hey, I have little computer skills and they got me though it.

Would suggest you touch base with Bruce and the Dallas group, check out the local groups section.  They are good folks and are pretty on top of what has been going on.  

If you have any specific question, please feel free to drop me a note.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 06:30:57 pm by Dave Mincin »
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

wes237

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 06:47:34 pm »

Dave...I attend the Dallas group.  (sometimes) I have contacted the link you just provided., and did not receive an answer.

First of all: When I put in my email address I used when I joined, it say 'multiple users are using this specified email address' . That is because I and another person joined up at the same time (my better half....I signed her up and she remains a member, she voted for NH #1 while I voted NH #4,  but does not frequent this forum...obviously has her own mind and is delighted NH was chosen but in the end is only interested in me and what I want to do) I still use this same email: wes427@msn.com ..............she does not use this email, unless it has something to do with the FSP, and she isn't going to update anything anyway.

What information needs to be updated? How can I update any information needed,  or ask a specific question if I can't get in? I don't have a specific question because I don't know what is being asked. I can't understand what is being asked.
I can't see it.

If you are laying on a table, and I am looking at a hole in your head....and I say to you : "please verify that these nerve endings are in the proper position" .... are you, the patient,  going to have any idea what to ask back to me or what your next step should be? All you can tell me is, "yes that is my head".

And all I can say is "yes this is my email address"..."I can't see any further".
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 07:04:01 pm by wes237 »

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 10:30:04 am »

So tell me how to make it more obvious.  I can't force people to read the instructions, I can't force them to follow the instructions.  Other than making the Members Section login page absolutely cluttered with verbose explanitive text (which will probably just confuse the rest of 'em), there's not much more I can do if they don't ask via email.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 10:32:05 am by Justin »

wes237

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 11:53:45 am »

Received emails from Justin and Mike.  Justin's email said "the system requires a unique email address per member. Please send a reply detailing your individual email addresses"

Obviously you have my individule email address, or you could not have written me.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004, 12:11:45 pm »

Received emails from Justin and Mike.  Justin's email said "the system requires a unique email address per member. Please send a reply detailing your individual email addresses"

Obviously you have my individule email address, or you could not have written me.

What they need to do is to change the email address for either you or your wife, so that the two of you have different email addresses.  That way, the system can assign a unique password to each email address.  If you have multiple people signed up under the same email address, the system can't assign any of them a password to log in.  Hope that helps!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up