Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free publicity for early movers  (Read 2987 times)

Jakylpops

• You will be assimilated...no really, I mean it.
Free publicity for early movers
« on: February 28, 2004, 12:43:49 pm »

My wife happens to be a reporter for the Union Leader (Largest newspaper in NH). She covers Salem, Windham, Atkinson, and Pelham.  Any early movers to these towns looking to generate a little free publicity feel free to let me know...as for other areas of the state, I can probably get you in contact with the correspondent covering that area, but no guarantees.
Why join the free state project, when the only logical choice is for the free state project to come to the state you already live in. Oh yeah, welcome to New Hampshire

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
Re:Free publicity for early movers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 07:21:17 pm »

In addition to working with the Union Leader, we should get involved with the local newspapers.  When you're ready to move into NH, contact your area coordinator (I'm Cheshire County, Cal is Merrimack, Dave Mincin is Seacoast, we're still looking for somebody up North!).  We'll hook you up with some regional publicity as well.  There's no reason to not throw a big Porc party when a new arrival makes it to town.  We invite a reporter to take a few pictures of us helping you move in, and then we adjourn to the local pub and mingle with locals.

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 09:47:51 pm »

In addition to working with the Union Leader, we should get involved with the local newspapers.  When you're ready to move into NH, contact your area coordinator (I'm Cheshire County, Cal is Merrimack, Dave Mincin is Seacoast, we're still looking for somebody up North!).  We'll hook you up with some regional publicity as well.  There's no reason to not throw a big Porc party when a new arrival makes it to town.  We invite a reporter to take a few pictures of us helping you move in, and then we adjourn to the local pub and mingle with locals.
This sounds great! I look forward to my welcome to NH party and especially to the help carrying in my boxes of stuff! And I then will look forward to helping many more people unload their moving trucks too!

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 12:40:33 pm »

Dawn, if you're still moving to the Cheshire county area, consider your party planned!  Just let me know when you're coming in and we'll set up something nice.

FSPTalker

• FSP Member
  • FSP Participant
  • Home at last!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 02:16:26 pm »

And if you're moving to the Merrimack Valley area (the Nashua, Manchester, Concord corridor) you can reach me at freestate@ hotmail.com. Our Local Group will be happy to help in any way we can.    Cal   :)
There is no try. Do or do not-YODA

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 02:40:25 am »

Also it's good to get a story done about you in the state that you are leaving if possible. That helps recruiting much more than stories done in the Free State.

If you know anyone in your area who is moving (and they are ok with it) try to throw a party for them and invite the local press.

For details on dealing with the press:

http://freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/mediarelations.jsp
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 02:41:04 am by Dada Orwell »
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up