Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rooms to rent or lots for sale?  (Read 2276 times)

Dawn

• FSP Participant
Rooms to rent or lots for sale?
« on: March 06, 2004, 10:39:45 pm »

Here's a way that NH residents can help people relocate to NH quicker and hopefully cheaper:

If you have a spare room that you can rent to an FSPer, even if it's just short term so they can find their own place to live.

OR
Maybe you own a few acres and could subdivide off a decent lot and offer it here for a decent price.

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
Re:Rooms to rent or lots for sale?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 08:25:12 pm »

Good idea Dawn.

We are in the process of acquiring some apartment buildings in NH (Offers accepted and closing within a few weeks).  We will have apartments available probably by mid April and, of course, regular readers of these forums will be the first to know ;D

We haven't come up with any special offer for FSP members relocating but we are open to suggestions.  One that comes immediately to mind would be "Sweat in lieu of rent" temporarily anyway, for those who need to conserve cash while looking for a permanent home.  There may also be a few very inexpensive units (Under $300 per month) for short or long term rentals and we have discussed condominium conversions that would allow people to become established as "Home owners" for very little out of pocket expense as well.

Another project that we intend to start on as soon as both of us can make the move is the acquisition, perhaps with partners, of 100 to 200 or more acres that can be subdivided into 10, 20 and 40 acre parcels for those who want to live off-grid in a rural "Homestead" setting.

I know that this is a pretty creative thinking group so I'll be looking forward to your suggestions.
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

NHHomes

• I can help you move to our fabulous state!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 12:18:04 pm »

There's lots of land for sale in and around the Upper Valley (Dartmouth College) area of New Hampshire.  The price per acre also gets a lot cheaper and the parcel size gets a lot larger as you go outward from Hanover.  Since subdivision/zoning rules are determined by the local towns, you can often call the town clerk's office to get a sense of what is allowed when thinking how to work together to purchase and divide up a parcel of land.  

If you need any phone numbers or would like some advice or help in searching for opportunities in this area, please let me know.  I'm happy to help.  If you're interested in another part of the state, I am happy to refer you to a professional with excellent experience there too.  

- Gretchen Wallace, Coldwell Banker, Hanover, NH
603-643-1888 / Gretchen@cbredpath.com
Gretchen Wallace
Coldwell Banker Redpath & Co.
8 West Wheelock St.
Hanover, NH 03755
603-643-1888
Gretchen@cbredpath.com

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 02:56:34 pm »

It looks like Laura will be going back to NH in April to close on the two properties mentioned above.  I'll pass along your contact info to her.
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up