Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I would commit, but I fear one thing....  (Read 10235 times)

TexasRHCE

• FSP Participant
  • Free State Brewing Co.? Why NOT!
Re:Sorry.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2004, 05:01:28 pm »

Justin,
I tried what you said MULTIPLE TIMES and got no closer to having it work. I took Patrick's "ill-advised" workaround and used a newly-created yahoo mail account to get myself signed in.
I realize being the sysadmin for a project must be difficult at times, but terse snappy emails to me and thinly veiled snobbery at my lack of ability to follow simple directions were not appreciated.
I'm willing to let this all go if we can just forget about it and rejoice in the fact that another lover of freedom has joined the rolls of the FSP and is waiting to make his move to NH! :D

Rob

TexasRHCE

• FSP Participant
  • Free State Brewing Co.? Why NOT!
Re:I would commit, but I fear one thing....
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2004, 05:06:28 pm »

Frustration can oftentimes be multipled by personal situations -- my regrets at losing my cool over this whole thing. A good healthy meal, combines with a few cold beers and a great night's sleep to give me a better outlook, I find.
I registered under a new email address, and am trying to shrug off the previous day's stuff as, well, just stuff. My apologies to the forum for my temper tantrum, but being rejected for 3 more jobs and having my bank account down to $5 was pretty unnerving.

Rob

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2004, 05:20:22 pm »

I've deleted your original entry, so you can now change your email address without conflict.
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2004, 06:30:55 pm »

Justin,
I tried what you said MULTIPLE TIMES and got no closer to having it work. I took Patrick's "ill-advised" workaround and used a newly-created yahoo mail account to get myself signed in.
I realize being the sysadmin for a project must be difficult at times, but terse snappy emails to me and thinly veiled snobbery at my lack of ability to follow simple directions were not appreciated.
I'm willing to let this all go if we can just forget about it and rejoice in the fact that another lover of freedom has joined the rolls of the FSP and is waiting to make his move to NH! :D

Rob

Welcome to the FSP! We'll see you in the Free State! :)
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2004, 08:10:50 pm »

TexasRHCE,

Welcome to the FSP!!!  :)

Justin,

Thanks for trying to get things fixed and for dealing with the DNS problem.  Maybe TexasRHCE was just experiencing a rare glitch or something.  You never know nowadays!  :)
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2004, 08:33:16 pm »

Texas,
I know of a person who is looking for some labor possibly (in NH) if you would like to participate.  it would amount to getting there and having food and a hat-hanging place... a foundation, so to speak... email me if interested...

leopardpm@yahoo.com

michael
nothing to say...

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 12:14:28 am »

Don't feel bad, Texas.  I was removed from the member list I believe and can't seem to join either.  We'll see what happens.  If I get it working, I'll try to pass anything helpful on to you.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2004, 10:02:33 am »

Texas, persistence=victory, welcome aboard!
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 10:15:11 am »

Looks like you're already onboard :)  Welcome Texas.  Glad to have you

Justin helped get my member info working too and now I have the kewl "FSP Member" title under my name ;D
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2004, 03:23:41 pm »

Hey Texas
I will be in NH by May. I can't offer you a job, but since I am a novice Linux user I will ask you for free sysadmin advice advice as soon as you get here. ;)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

thrivetacobell

• FSP Participant
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2004, 05:32:41 pm »

I'm glad it worked out, TexasRHCE
Don't want to go without my Free State Beer!
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."
                       Chistopher Morley

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2004, 12:16:20 am »

Sometimes, when dealing with people over the internet, it's hard to remember that there is a human being on the other side of the conversation.

I find myself wanting to flip out on my customers sometimes (I sell stuff on eBay full time).  I have to bite my tongue so hard sometimes, I'm amazed I haven't needed stitches yet.

This is an unacceptable way to treat people and it certainly is not representative of the majority of the FSP membership I've met through these boards.

We argue and disagree with each other all the time, but we're usually pretty civil toward one another.

Thanks for signing on to the cause.  See you in New Hampshire.

Tyler V

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2004, 01:36:29 am »

I'm not sure you really need to be worrying about employment all that much.  From what I've seen NH has a very healthy economy and is likely to be one of the best places in the country to find a job by the time the move is made.  Also, with 20,000 new people, comes new business.  I am sure that many people are planning to do exactly what I am when the time comes and liquidate their current businesses and investments, then reinvest in the NH economy.  I foresee a staggering growth for NH's economy after the move has been made.  Especially when you consider that the there is likely to be a very high percentage of FSP members who are actively involved in the economy.  With the ideals and constitution required to do what FSP members have agreed to do, usually comes a hightened appreciation and involvement in the economy, meaning either business owners or investors.  I would be willing to bet that NH's economy gets a huge shot in the arm as a result of 20,000 dedicated individualists moving there within a 5 year timeframe.

P.S.  Speaking of business in NH after the move, is there currently any kind of oraganization or alliance of businesses within the FSP?   This might be something to consider once the move has been made.  A good profitable commercial backbone can do wonders for political activism.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 01:38:36 am by Tyler V »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up